Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
OP Offline
D
If so..where? What hours? What do they charge?
North of town is best, but in town is fine.

Thanks!

DC

S
S
Kim at Aquarius on Middle Street across Social Security

P
P
+1 Kim. $20. Normal business hours 226 2140.

S
S
one block north of Tropic arrivals I think his name is Carl

People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care
D
OP Offline
D
Scuba Do..regular Barber Shop place? I am kinda old school. Don't like the "salons" much.
If not, I will try Kim's place.

DC

Is there a salon on the island? LOL Kim is very basic hair and takes care of a lot of men. I do have to say I have seen a barber shop someplace around here that looked like a USA mans type operation.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
R
R
Decompression, My taste in barbers is about the same, I think. If I had to go to a "modern salon" I think I would just give up and let it grow.

I use the barber which is located at the end (south end) of Back St. You take a right by the field and it is right there by the guys who sell fish when the boats come in. Now understand that it is nothing fancy by any means but it is more like an old fashion barber shop. The cost is $15bz. Probably less for a local but I'm OK with that.

Here at home I use a barber shop that has been open since the 1920's. The guy is my age and his father ran the shop before him. He stills shaves your neck with a straight razor; dusts off your neck collar with a brush with a little powder on it and at the end of the haircut he raises a mirror to show you the back of your head for approval before he considers the job done. In addition he knows the name and something about everyone of his customers.

The barber in San Pedro is younger but in general is close to the same. (The Belizean version) Barbers for me are kind of a personal decision and it has to feel right, meaning his style, decor or lack of I should say and the personality of the barber. Is he good? I don't know, what the hell I wear a hat down there all the time and he doesn't have much to work with when I am sitting in the chair. smirk Good luck.

Jim
Formerly from somewhere on a beach in Belize
S
S
Back Street just north of Super Buy on the NW corner. Closest to a barber I've seen, straight razor shaves and such.

Leslie's Salon is a good bet too. Yes, it is a "salon".
Lots of men have their hair cut there.

Baller's on the corner of Tarpon and Middle Street. These are the same guys who lost their place in the Neri's Taco fire in July of 2011. Both are excellent, anything you want, $10Bz.

Dennis
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 297 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.