Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#450645 11/08/12 06:15 PM
K
kwalk12 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Hello...my wife and I (along with another couple possibly) are looking at traveling to Ambergris Caye next summer for our 10th anniversary. We are looking for a resort close to town and I'm interested in Grand Caribe while my wife is interested in the White Sands...does anyone have any suggestions or info regarding these two resorts or any other? Looking for close to beach, not far from town, pool, nice sand, clean, and a local vibe. THX Keith

Did you look at Xanadu?

Are you looking for a larger resort, like Grand Caribe, which is one of the largest complexes on the island. And near town is all relative, due to road conditions, which side of the bridge you are on, etc.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

K
kwalk12 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I think we are in agreement we want a nice clean resort that is a short golf cart ride or a walk into San Pedro...would like palm tree's on the resort...a nice beach. Any restaurant or bar at hotel is a plus. Not necessarily looking for a large resort but more of a friendly resort. We like a little nightlife but if not at the resort perhaps we can find that in town.

Nice and clean, Xanadu, check. Palm trees, Xanadu, check - also some jungle-type foliage, very cool. Bar/restaurant, Xanadu - NO, but very near and your patio decks and the pool area are very condusive to making your own fun. Also Xanadu is a nice walk to town, very close to a little grocery store, and kinda situated in between center of town, and quite south of town, which gives you lovely options for walk-about, cart-about and such.

Xanadu's beach is not the same as some other places, inasmuch as it has a bit of a seawall, but the sand is kept beautifully, and there's a lovely dock for sunbathing and swimming.

I have no affiliation with Xanadu, other than I admire the place and it would seem to meet most if not all of the requirements of your group . . .and possibly some things you hadn't even considered.

K
kwalk12 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
thank you Seashell...I will show my wife this info and we will look it over. She is still very much interested in the White Sands so I'm taking all info in.

High end but at the end of Front St is the Phoenix.

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
C
C
I've always enjoyed Paradise Villas....perfect location, 2 grocery stores across the street, a fruit vendor...Wet Willy's a stones throw away and an easy walk into town.......it's an older property but they have kitchenettes, a nice pool, cart parking and nice landscaping

S
S
I would definitely take a look at The Palms. Walk to town, palm trees and pool. Incredibly friendly staff, can get 1, 2 or 3 bedroom units with a full kitchen. Rated no 5 on Trip Adviser. Check their website.

The Palms is practically next door to Ramon's too. Ramon's is great for hanging out for a drink and has all the tropical atmosphere you could want in an afternoon. The snorkeling off the end of Ramon's dock is about as good as it gets in the area. In that way, I mean, without having to take a boat to the excellent snorkel spots.

O
O
Hello there. We just stayed at the Grande Caribe in October. Sweet place, great pools, great beach, great pier great service and great people. The accomodations are second to none on AC. You will have to rent a golf cart though if you want the freedom to tour.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 217 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.