Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#450774 - 11/09/12 10:28 PM Belize’s GAIA Riverlodge Set to Open
Marty Offline

The newly-renamed and redesigned GAIA Riverlodge eco-resort in Belize will open Saturday, the project announced.

Formerly known as the Five Sisters Lodge, the property is opening after a renovation that began in August.

The eco-resort property has seen upgrades to its 16 cabanas, which now have hardwood floors, bathrooms with hand-painted Mexican tiles and panoramic windows or private verandas.

“We are thrilled to welcome our first guests,” said Daniel Lighter, owner of GAIA Riverlodge and its sister property, the Matachica Resort and Spa in Belize’s Ambergris Caye.

“This is such an exciting time for us, and we look forward to further developing our services and relations within the Belizean community,” Lighter said.

Caribbean Journal

The newly renamed and redesigned GAÏA Riverlodge is set to open its doors this Saturday, November 10th. Formerly the Five Sisters Lodge, this scenic property which has been closed for renovation since August, will officially relaunch as GAÏA Riverlodge with a fresh aesthetic and wonderful amenities.

“We are thrilled to welcome our first guests,” says Daniel Lighter, owner of both GAÏA Riverlodge and its sister property Matachica Resort and Spa, located in Ambergris Caye. “This is such an exciting time for us and we look forward to further developing our services and relations within the Belizean community.”

Tucked away inside the lush Mountain Pine Ridge Forest, GAÏA Riverlodge has been redesigned with major upgrades to the signature cabanas as well as the main lodge building. The sixteen cabanas now boast hardwood floors, bathrooms with hand-painted Mexican tiles, panorama windows or private verandas with relaxing hammocks. Handmade Mahogany furnishings and luxurious Matouk and Frette linens also add to the comfort to the revamped lodge.

The breathtaking location that has charmed and inspired locals and travelers alike for years will continue to offer unparalleled adventures for the eco tourist at more-than-competitive prices. We invite you to discover your adventurous side and enjoy the utmost in service, hospitality and ecotourism that GAÏA Riverlodge has to offer.

#454843 - 01/09/13 02:23 PM Re: Belize’s GAIA Riverlodge Set to Open [Re: Marty]
Marty Offline
Gaia Riverside Lodge | Cayo Scoop!  Bestofcayo.com's E-mag. | Scoop.it

Gaia Riverside Lodge
Gaia Lodge, formerly Five Sisters Lodge, has new owners, and has gotten a serious refurbishment. They've really done a great job remodeling the main entry, bar, and restaurant palapa. They have an outstanding collection of masks. It's located in Mountain Pine Ridge, just down the lane from Big Rock Falls.

#479116 - 12/06/13 10:13 AM Re: Belize’s GAIA Riverlodge Set to Open [Re: Marty]
Marty Offline

Great story in the My Beautiful Belize Blog done by The San Pedro Sun.LOTS and LOTS of photos, and a very well written story.

The thick, lovely comforter is keeping me warm as I lie on the king-sized bed. Netting cocoons me like a veil, and a sound unlike any other is roaring outside the window. It’s slowly lulling me into contentment, the last vestiges of my dinner wine a pleasant memory. I snuggle down and with the sounds of the night as a lullaby, I fall into a contented sleep; truly the deep, dreamless sleep that can only be brought on by fresh air, an elevated altitude, and a day full of excitement and exploration. I am at Gaia Riverlodge, and that sound that both put me to sleep and woke me the next day, that was the sound of Five Sisters Falls crashing into the smooth rocks that have formed over eons. I am at Gaia, and I am in a jungle paradise.

CLICK HERE for the whole story...

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lil’ Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
3 registered (BrownDogs, 2 invisible), 67 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,027 Topics
462,227 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.