How didnít I know about Caye Caulker? I guess itís one of those places that people donít talk about because they want it to stay exactly the same. I get it. People donít want this Belizian island to get over run with visitors or the hostel rates may go up. Or, God forbid, the rum punch shots might not be free anymore

I apologize to those folks for writing a blog post but here it is. I want people to know about it because itís the place in the world where the most people have ever smiled at me. People here are seriously happy!

Caye Caulker is a short water taxi ride from Ambergris Caye (or about a 45 min water taxi from Belize City.)

There is a great debate online arguing which island reigns supreme between Caulker and Ambergris. That debate is moot in my opinion because when one has cars and the other doesnít (Caulker) the dynamics are not equally comparable. Ambergris is pretty big and has fabulous sandy beaches. It gets points for the sand in your toes, drink in your hand resort feel. But, IMHO, it loses points for feeling big cityish with golf cart traffic jams. The only traffic on Caulker are the boats coming in with their daily catch.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos