Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 19 of 35 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 34 35
D
D
"The McAfee murder story is all over the "Chicago Tribune" this morningThe McAfee murder story is all over the "Chicago Tribune" this morning" A comment

"John McAfee Wanted for Murder" title of this thread.

Is john wanted for murder or questioning" Many posters protest this should be about the dead man and not John McAfee yet it's becoming known as the McAfee murder. Wishful thinking by some I'm sure.

C
C
The story is everywhere, front pages of small towns from Tehachapi to Cresant City, Boise, to Whitefish Mt, and its front page. That was a great video with the school kids.

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
C
C
Yes, I would like to hear about the man that was killed? I would like to hear about his life and pay him some respect. Last I looked he was not added to gone but not forgotton so how can we learn about his life?

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
D
D
A lot of comments on this board. And opinions for sure.
But one question.....

How many of YOU have MET John?

I best most on this board that live full or part time on the island have only had a brief meeting..maybe ??

And the rest of you are only stating opinions on what you HEAR from the media.

The man has a lot of faults and idiosyncrasy's..but don't we all?

Those of you that have met John know him for what he is...

DC

Originally Posted by Decompression
A lot of comments on this board. And opinions for sure.
But one question.....
How many of YOU have MET John?
I best most on this board that live full or part time on the island have only had a brief meeting..maybe ??
And the rest of you are only stating opinions on what you HEAR from the media.
The man has a lot of faults and idiosyncrasy's..but don't we all?
Those of you that have met John know him for what he is...
DC

I agree!
I know him and live just up the beach a little. He's a nice guy and I like him. I'm highly entertained by all the media hype. Most of it is just a total lie. The contrast with reality and the media portrait is phenomenal. I'm in awe of how easily the media can be manipulated with blogs and just copy and paste from them to their own publication spreading rumors rather than investigative reporting. Its mind-blowing how Blogers and media can manipulate the public with this technique. This circus with John's story is entertainment yes, but scary as a illustration of what the press has become. What will we do if something important happens and we need true honest information from journalists. My trust in journalism was waning before this fiasco but now it's totally gone. The last laugh is on the public for being duped and I wouldn't be surprised at all if the master manipulator is the notorious internet pioneer himself.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
This was an incident I decided to keep confidential until Mr. McAfee told Wired magazine about it and posted it on his blog (I've shortened it for brevity):

Josh Davis and Wired
Posted on November 22, 2012 by John McAfee

I stayed at a luxury condo and indeed climbed a balcony and lay on the neighbor's porch. The neighbor, Chris Allnot, had sold me my house when I first arrived in Belize. I was scammed to the max on the deal and merely filed away in my mind that the score should someday be settled in an amicable and amusing (for me) fashion that benefited me in some way. When I called Josh in the morning I told him about Allnot and how odd it was that he "happened" to be right next door. I mentioned he was a real estate agent. Contacting him for verification of my madness would be easy. Admittedly, it was not much of a joke on Chris, other than I insisted on a cup of coffee to sober up and lingered way too long for his comfort, but his unease was payback enough. Four years is a long time to cool down over a real estate deal.
In any case, very little that I have told Josh in the past few weeks has any authenticity, other than the huge laughs Sam and myself get.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then from Wired:

John McAfee, Unhinged: His Bizarre Breaks From Reality
� By Joshua Davis
� 11.20.12
� 7:47 PM

The bootprint
On October 20, McAfee was staying at a luxury condo development south of his villa. Around midnight, he heard the sound of the GSU engines again. Samantha, his girlfriend, heard it too and then they noticed that somebody was trying to open their front door. McAfee jammed a bar of soap between the door handle and lock and felt that that would hold them off for awhile. They went on to the second-story balcony, which was 20 feet off the ground. McAfee was desperate to get away and decided to walk along a narrow ledge to his neighbor's balcony in the darkness.
"This is way too much for someone my age, you know," he said. "I was way the [#%!] up there."
He made it and laid down on his back. Samantha stayed out on their balcony and said men entered, breaking open the front screen door. She could see them inside, but they never came out to talk to her.
"Why wouldn't they have said to Samantha, 'Where is he?'" I asked.
"I don't have a clue," he responded.
McAfee says there were 30 to 40 police, army, and coast guard personnel, but, as it got light, they disappeared. "These people slowly sort of evaporated," he said.
At 5:30 that morning, Chris Allnatt woke up to watch a soccer match and was astounded to find McAfee on his balcony. He opened the glass door and noticed that McAfee was lying in a pool of his own urine. His clothes were soaked. "What the [#%!] are you doing here, John?" Allnatt said.
The two men knew each other: Allnatt was the real estate agent that sold McAfee his villa in 2009. Allnatt made McAfee a cup of tea and walked him back to his unit. Allnatt saw no damage. The screen door was intact. Nor did he see any sign of the GSU. Allnatt also checked with the building's security guards, who reported nothing unusual.
Allnatt returned to clean the urine off his balcony and discovered a small plastic bag of a gray powder hidden behind a pot near where McAfee was lying. Allnatt was sure it was drugs, which surprised him. McAfee has insisted that he has been sober since 1983 and has waged his own war on drugs in the small Belizean village of Carmelita.

(back to my post): Mr. McAfee's assertion that he was playing a practical joke on me by being found comatose in a pool of his own urine on our veranda doesn't really "hold water" (pun intended), does it? A more likely explanation is the one he gave me that morning as I made his cup of tea: "I did it for a dare, my girlfriend dared me and I did it and was too scared to go back and I'm so sorry." Add that to how addled his brain must have been on his mind-blowing drugs and you have a plausible explanation as to why he ended up unconscious on our balcony.

It goes without saying that his statement about the GSU attempting to down the door that night as relayed to Wired magazine was false. No-one saw or heard any such activity and where I live we have four full time security staff on duty at all times. Right after John left our condo I called Reception and asked them to ensure that Housekeeping carefully inspect the condo where John was staying for damage at checkout - entirely for the reason that he looked pretty messed up. He and his girlfriend checked out early, before 6;45am, Housekeeping subsequently found no damage whatsoever.

As I mentioned earlier, I had tried to keep this incident, which occurred on October 20th, confidential, until Mr. McAfee decided to relay it to the press. I am still very upset that he brought illegal drugs to my home. John was way out of order on that one. ("Wired" reported that I found the drugs...not quite true, I cleaned the urine from the veranda and my wife found the drugs in a zip lock bag about 20 minutes later while tending her plants. I flushed the grey powder down the sink..again I stress I was hoping to keep this confidential).

I now think John McAfee in a bad way emotionally and is probably in less control of his actions that he imagines. I hope he gets the help he needs. At 67 he's still young enough to go through rehab and therapy and live a full and happy life thereafter. I doubt very much such complex and professional help and subsequent fulfillment will be found in Belize. It's still not too late to save what must be an incredibly beautiful mind. Let's hope it all works out well in the end.

(RIP Mr. Faull)

L
L
I find it very disquieting that this tragedy has become less about a pursuit of justice and seeking factual information that might bring closure to both the family of the victim and the community itself. Maybe it is time for the police and government to issue a statement about what avenues they are investigating and especially those that do not involve Mr. McAfee. The media and John McAfee himself have turned it into a National Enquirer kind of circus. While the community may be concerned it is unfairly portrayed they too must take care not to use this as a public relations vehicle. The videos showing idyllic tropical settings and smiling children , if carried too far, might come off as shameless promotion.

R.B. Mernitz
Shameless promotion is forgiven in the bright light of shameful destruction...

Indeed using school children in the video is pretty sick.

P
P
Sick? As in an old fashioned way or in the new hip youngster lingo of today. Opposite ends of the spectrum for the same word.

I can take a wild guess................

Page 19 of 35 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 34 35

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 150 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.