Last night we told you about Jaslyn Cadle - the 18 year old fourth former who was sentenced to two years in jail for drug trafficking. Well tonight, she is in jail no more. A concerned 7news viewer who saw our piece last night called and said his family wants to pay her two thousand dollar fine.

That fine was to have been paid forthwith when she was sentenced - and if it was, she would have avoided going to jail. She didn't have it - and so she was sentenced automatically to two years, which would have increased to 5 if she defaulted on full payment at the end of next year.

Well, today - two weeks later - with some welcome leniency from the Magistrate's Court - our concerned viewer was allowed to pay the fine - which earned her an immediate release.

That got her this order of release - which we took to the prison along with her sister.

Here are her first moments of freedom:

Jaslyn Cadle
"I feel good and thing to be out of prison."

Daniel Ortiz
"Are you ready to go back to school on Monday?"

Jaslyn Cadle
"Yes sir, I am ready to go back."

Daniel Ortiz
"We have information saying that the Ministry of Sports is offering you a job so that you can help to pay the rest of that fine. How does that make you feel?"

Jaslyn Cadle
"It makes me feel good and thing so that nobody else can use their money."

Daniel Ortiz
"Are you ready for that? Are you ready to commit to something like that?"

Jaslyn Cadle
"Yes."

Daniel Ortiz
"We know that you sold weed to earn a living for you and your family. Would you be tempted to do something like that again?"

Jaslyn Cadle
"No."

Daniel Ortiz
"What is the first thing that you and your family will be doing now that you are home?"

Jaslyn Cadle
"The first thing we will do is talk - sit down and talk."

Daniel Ortiz
"I know that there are some people who feel that you shouldn't have been given this opportunity. They feel as though society is being too lenient on you, they are saying it's a serious charge."

Jaslyn Cadle
"The second chance - I know that I have to lift up my head and get a job and don't do any drugs or anything like that. Thanks very much, very much to everybody who helped me."

Kassian Cadle, Sister of Accused
"We are happy of the fact that she came out and we want to say thanks to everyone that helped. We really appreciate it and we want them to continue to help to let her stay positive. I will try to influence her positively so she can stay committed and learn from her mistakes and stay on the right track because I really don't want her to slip in that wrong road again."

Shane Williams, Neighbor
"We had an anonymous donor who donated $2,000 out of his pocket. He didn't do that because he thinks that Chu Chu deserves to be rewarded to sell weed - this is not a reward for selling weed. She is simply being granted social justice I fully support the fact that weed is illegal. I don't want anybody to be smoking weed because it doesn't help a productive society. But what doesn't help a productive society also is sending our young people to jail for something like that. We could have a big debate about legalizing it or not and I am not interested in that, I am prefer it stay the way it is, but I just prefer that we have a conversation about effective punishment, I mean what the donor wants is for her to do community service."

"He is only putting his money if she does community service. If she goes back to jail; if she do anything illegal, I will be the first to help crucify her because she have a job now, she have an education, she have a chance to continue school - she has no reason to be in drugs anymore. Getting out of jail is not a success, it's just a reset. Now a success would be if she stays out of jail, if she never goes back in front of a magistrate. If she takes the opportunity that has been given to her because let's face it; majority of people around here will not get that opportunity, so if she take that opportunity to better off her life, improve her situation, then it will be a successful story - it would be a successful story if this issue goes beyond her."

Of course, it's far from over. According to the law, the mandatory minimum fine for drug trafficking is ten thousand dollars. So she still has to pay eight thousand dollars to settle the fine.

But - again with some leniency from the court - the Chief Magistrate Anne Marie Smith has agreed to let her pay it on terms - providing that she stays out of trouble - which means no more drug trafficking.

And that's where the Ministry of Sports comes in. As we told you she's a star soccer player - so we spoke to the Minister Of Sports who has "guaranteed" her a job at the sports council where she will be involved in girls primary school football.

As for the hefty balance of the fine, KREM TV and Channel 7 have agreed to team up for a fundraising effort to raise some money to help her pay it off.

We'll keep you posted on that.

But before we sign off on our story - we have to tell you what our online viewers thought.

Our poll question asked: should there be alternative sentencing for first time offenders in nonviolent crimes? Of the 286 respondents, 62% said there should be alternative sentencing, 165 said there should not be, and 22% said it should be judged on a case by case basis.

Channel 7