Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#452012 - 11/27/12 02:11 PM Police Solve Crime With Forensic Evidence
Marty Online   happy

Tonight, police are reporting that they have solved 3 burglaries in Corozal Town with forensic evidence.

On April 26, 2012, a principal of the Methodist school reported that the church and school were burglarized the previous day. A resident of Chula Vista, Corozal, reported that her house was also burglarized.

Police say that they arrested Magaleonie Hortencio Tzul of Corozal town, and his finger prints were taken and sent to the AFIS National Fingerprinting database, which matched the prints lifted in those burglaries.

As a result, police arrested and charged Tzul for 2 counts of burglaries, and he was arraigned and remanded to prison until January 29, 2013.

On August 20, 2012, the owner of a house in the Halls Layout of Corozal town reported that someone burglarized his house. The scene was processed by the authorities, and the fingerprints found were submitted to the AFIS database, which matched those belonging to Raymond Anthony Arthurs of Ontario Village in the Cayo District. A warrant has been issued for his arrest.

Channel 7

#452021 - 11/27/12 02:50 PM Re: Police Solve Crime With Forensic Evidence [Re: Marty]
Amanda Syme Offline
What a great step in the right direction! Now let us hope the magistrate will be stern and not let these proven thieves off sith a light sentence or a slap on the wrist with community service.

I am sick and tired of being able to walk around town every day seeing known serial thieves out and about day and night.

Some say be lenient, kind and forgiving. Well we tried that approach and thefts in our town have i creased exponetially and then turned into burlaries of vacant homes and now e are seeing aggravated burglaries (while people are at home.). The criminals are now much volder as they know even if they are caught and charged they will likely only serve a few hours of community service.

I say let us draw the line. Lock these proven thieves up for a while. Let us clear the streets and towns and beaches of this scourge on society.

I know people think it is petty but I beleive that Mayor Danny's initiative of banning sagging pants is a first step in our town regaining respect on the streets.

I respect people that dress in clean and tidy clothes, who conduct themselves with dignity and self pride, those who seek to earn an honest day's pay for an honest day's work. A person that raises his/her kids with values that reflect integrity and kindness.

We have way too many criminals wandering around our island apparantly without a care in the world. It is time to get the criminals off the island. Homegrown criminals should head off to jail or rehab and all of the imports should be deported.

And before we hear the cries of racism- I am saying let's get rid of all the undesireable leeches and felons- whatever their race, creed or nationality.

We have tolerated way too much for way too long and now we are paying dearly for that lapse in judgement.

Business is improving in the tourism industry, I want to protect our guests, protect our customers, increase revenues and invest in a bright future for ourselves and our kids.

Each small positive step is a step closer to taking back our island from the parasites that we have been hosting.

Onwards and upwards.

#452089 - 11/28/12 08:38 AM Re: Police Solve Crime With Forensic Evidence [Re: Marty]
Gaz Cooper Offline
WELL SAID AMANDA

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
3 registered (lomckenna, Marty, 1 invisible), 34 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,675 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,058 Topics
462,303 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.