Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
J
jeepboy Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Does anyone have information on Portofino? We are interested in staying there in January, we understand it has had a delayed opening (several). Is it looking like a nice place or will we have to worry about the staff "working the bugs out' while we are there. Thanks! If anyone has another nice resort to recommend, that would also be appreciated.

Hi

I know Portofino just received their first guests and are open, I personally visited the resort a week or so ago and it looked very impressive.

I am sure you will have no problem if you book for january as all kinks would be worked out by then.

Feel free to book with them i have no doubt they will be ready and very capable of providing you with a memorable vacation

Best regards

Gaz Cooper
Playa Blanca Beach Resort www.divebelzie.com

J
jeepboy Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Thank you. Here's more questions from a Belize rookie. Victoria House, Journey's End,
Ramon's Village, Mata Chica, or Portofino?
We like upscale places with pools and good restaurants, price not an option (honest, we're not snobs-just long overdue for vacation), close to beach is good. Thank you everyone. We are excited about visiting, we're thinking it will become our favorite getaway.

Hi

Mata Chica abd Portofino do not have Pools Mata Chica has a beachfront Dip pool (Jacuzzi) Portofino is planning on a Natural sea pool located just off there dock but I do not think it is finished just yet.

Both of those resorts market to the upmarket crowd as does Victoria House which does have a large oceanfornt swimming pool.

If you really need a pool then Victoria house is the best resort in my opinion of however its not that important I think your original choice of Portofino will be very acceptable to you.

whichever you choose i am sure you will love every minute

best regards

Gaz
Playa Blanca Beach Resort www.divebelize.com

Thank you. Here's more questions from a Belize rookie. Victoria House, Journey's End,
Ramon's Village, Mata Chica, or Portofino?
We like upscale places with pools and good restaurants, price not an option (honest, we're not snobs-just long overdue for vacation), close to beach is good. Thank you everyone. We are excited about visiting, we're thinking it will become our favorite getaway.

KC Offline
Jeepboy - Please go to //www.ambergriscaye.com/villadelsol/ and see if our house would suit you. There is a pool, and it is walking distance to several resorts (and restaurants), Mata Chica included. There are also things like bicycles and a kayak provided at the house.

Kathy

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
M
M
Hello all.

Victoria House is beautiful. Pool, perfect amenities and great restaurant. It is south of town..so getting to town is a convenient $5 taxi away. Journeys End also has a pool and is a fun resort. You do though have to pay about $10-$20 anytime you want to get to town by water taxi. Portofino looks really nice and Mata Chica is great too.

M
M
And Victoria House seems to supply golf carts to their guests. We got one every time we needed one, so you can be pretty independent of the taxis if you want to be. It's very nice there.

Michael

J
jeepboy Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Thanks everyone. We have narrowed it down to Victoria House and Mata Chica, looking forward to a great trip.

And all I heard was I missed a good fight today....

PS. Find out what I'm up to at www.broadjam.com/barefootskinny

Your's not in the Caye of "A"
KC Offline
Jeepboy,
Victoria House.

Skinny,
HUH?

K

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.