Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Mark L Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I'm visiting Belize next week for vacation and I'd like to get a local SIM card for my cell phone so I can be reached from the USA without having to pay my provider's insane international roaming rates. I'll only be there one week and odds are that I won't even make or receive a single phone call so even just 60 minutes of time would be enough.

Is there a place to buy SIMs on the caye or should I do that at the airport in Belize City?

Thanks!

You can get one at the BTL office in San Pedro... they are open Monday through Friday.

Change your Latitude
Your US phone will need to be "unlocked" which they can do there for you as well, depending on how new your software update is. I would suggest bringing down an old phone.

Change your Latitude
The office is across the street at the airport. If you are going to take a 2nd flight after arriving at BZE walk across the street and purchage it between flights. It is across a parking lot not really a street.

mary
P
P
Hot Guide

http://hotguidebelize.com/digicell-sim-cards-and-calling-minutes/

They will deliver a SIM card to your Hotel so it's there when you arrive.

C
C
I can vouch for Digicell. They were a great company to go with and they indeed will bring the phone to the airport to meet you or to your resort. Very good prices as well. Much better than you'd ever get with your own provider's international calling plan.

F
F
Just bought a Sim Card package from Digicell. Great company to work with. Would recommend them to anyone one. Thanks Marie grin

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 147 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,198
Posts500,015
Members20,458
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.