Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
hazzyy Offline OP
OP Offline
I was told by Coral Cable that Saturday at midnight they would push system changes that would double the internet speed if you choose to do so with the recent speed upgrades by BTL. Has anyone here with Coral Cable been upgraded? I did a test a speedtest.net and I'm still at my old speed. Just checking to see if it's me and I need to call them tomorrow or if the changes are still pending.

J
J
Mine definitely has not changed yet - darn! It may be that your monthly charge will decrease if you don't tell them you prefer the faster speed instead.

We do not have Coral Cable anymore....However, when we upgraded in the past we had to reset the router to get the upgrade.....If you have not tried this, simply turn your router off for 10 to 20 seconds and then back on for a reboot...Hope this helps....

My friends call me Judyann

www.blackorchidrestaurant.com
N
N
Here on Caye Caulker our speeds have not increased either, even after resetting the router. Maybe after the weekend?

hazzyy Offline OP
OP Offline
I'll check with them tomorrow and see what the status is. I know the BTL upgrades have gone in to effect. There was only suppose to be one hour of downtime with Coral Cable to make the changes. I'll post an update tomorrow.

S
S
Mine was at the old speed this morning. You had to request the speed upgrade otherwise they will just drop your rate.

If you want a good alternative to BTL then choose the Smart Zoom Internet modem for your home. The modem costs $250BZE but after that it can be as little as $30BZE per month for much higher speeds than Coral Cable is offering. Plus, your hotspot can travel anywhere in the country so you don't have to depend on another service if you're in Belize but away from home.

Get the 10GIG Premium service...lasts for 3 months and costs $90BZE. http://www.smart-bz.com/?page_id=1331

Unless I am reading the page wrong. It is not monthly, it is based on data volume.

1GB is not much data in this day and age of video. Just loading some sports clips from Yahoo should put you over that in a week.

[email protected] to book your fishing trips.
1 gb isn't much but 10gb (the $90BZE 3 month plan I mentioned) ought to be plenty for most users.

We just did the reset of 10 seconds and our speed is now 0.42mbps.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 353 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.