Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#452696 - 12/04/12 09:21 AM Today's Belize News: December 4, 2012
Marty Online   happy

Click for our Daily Tropical Weather Report.

Last night's TV news on Channel 7 and Channel 5
Also with the most recent Open Your Eyes, and the Dickie Bradley Specials

The San Pedro Sun

SPHS celebrates Drug Awareness Week
Hundreds of students of the San Pedro High School gathered at the Angel Nuñez Auditorium on Monday December 3rd for the opening ceremonies for 2012’s SPHS Red Ribbon – Drug Awareness Week. The week is being held throughout the week of December 3rd through December 7, 2012, under the theme “Drugs are like a whirlpool, d...

Elvi’s Kitchen donates picnic tables to two primary schools via SPTC
Picnic tables donated from Elvi's Kitchen through the San Pedro Town Council were delivered to New Horizon SDA and San Pedro RC School on Wednesday.

Ambergris Today

World AIDS Day 2012 Activities Held in San Pedro
The San Pedro AIDS Commission had a weekend full of activities in commemoration of World AIDS Day 2012. The non-profit group is made up of solely volunteers from all walks of life dedicated to bringing HIV/AIDS education and awareness to our community. On Friday, November 30, 2012, members of the San Pedro AIDS Commission visited the students of San Pedro High School as part of their educational campaign. Students were provided with the red ribbon and given a brief lecture on the history of the red ribbon, as well as factual and important information on HIV/AIDS.

SITCA Meets in Belize to Strengthen Tourism in Region
Belize was host to one of its most highly technical international meetings of the year, that of the Central American Integration System (SICA). On Friday, November 30, 2012, SITCA hosted a press briefing with local media at the Villas at Banyan Bay in San Pedro, Ambergris Caye. The significance of this assembly of the Central American countries representatives, Government and private sector, was to review the progress of tourism initiatives and to structure a way forward as a unified regional body. This one-day high level discussion acted as a platform for invested bodies, such as CATA, the Central American Travel Agency, which is governed by the Private Sector, will engage in dialogue about its future as well as the impact of past restructuring efforts by the SICA countries. Other tabled discussions were made by the Central American Tourism Integration System (SITCA) as well as the layout “2013 Action Plan,” for SICA and the update on the 2013 CATAM Tradeshow. SITCA is the governing body for the seven (7) Central American Countries, each sending representatives. These representatives include: The Minister of Tourism and Culture for Belize, Hon. Manuel Heredia Jr.; Minister of Tourism for Nicaragua, Mario Salinas Pasos; Minister of Panama Tourism, Salomon Shamah; Vice Minister of Honduras Tourism, Synthia Solomon; Vice Minister of El Salvador Tourism, Walter Aleman; Vice Minister of Costa Rica Tourism, Juan Carlos Borbon; and the Director of Tourism of Guatemala, Pedro Pablo Duchez. Special attendance will also be made by the Platinum SICA member (AVIANCA-TACA) and the investment tourism project for Mexico FONATUR.

Why did San Pedro need Township?
Now what kind of services did the villagers expect from the village council and its alcalde? It was not a long list of duties like we have today. The village council had to provide upkeep of the public latrines located in the lagoon by rebuilding the short pier and latrines whenever they deteriorated. Additionally the village council maintained the main wooden pier which was used by fishermen, coconut farmers, and the unloading of supplies, groceries and hardware coming from Belize City. What about street repairs? Nah. What about collection of garbage? Nope. How about upkeep of the park? Yeah. And the cleaning of the cemetery? Yes. And the cleaning of the beach? No. To repair the main pier and the six public latrines located over the lagoon the village council requested money or the materials from the area representative when it did not have the funds. Cleaning of the streets on a regular basis as were the cemetery and beach were the responsibility of the people in the neighborhood. Whenever the garbage dump sites were overfull, the village chairman would call a ‘fajina’ (workaton) and all the men would show up to rake, chop and burn the debris. Workatons were also called to provide maintenance to the central park, chop the weeds and grass of La Plaza de San Pedro, and clean the beach.

Pic of the Week: Gone Fishing!
The weekend was a bit wet but that was no reason for fishing aficionados to stay home sulking. We know that the lover of fishing will head out to sea no matter what the weather conditions are. It’s a popular pastime, hobby and profession for many on the island and there are plenty of ‘Gone Fishing’ days on San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Belize.

Misc Belizean Sources

October 2012 Consumer Price Index for Belize
The Consumer Price Index (CPI) for October 2012 stood at 102.1, up 0.8% from the corresponding month in 2011. This change was driven primarily by increases in the indices for “Food and Non-Alcoholic Beverages” (↑1.0%), “Health” (↑6.8%), “Recreation and Culture” (↑5.0%), and “Miscellaneous Goods and Services” (↑4.1%). Among the goods and services contributing to these increases were: hospital accommodation, surgery, nightclub entertainment, and health and motor vehicle insurance. The average national inflation rate as of the end of October 2012 was 1.4%, a slight decrease from the 1.5% recorded in the previous month. As in September, the increase in the food index was driven by higher prices of meat products (↑4.1%). The average price of a pound of whole chicken, for example, rose by 9.2% from $2.51 to $2.74. The “Fish and Seafood” index rose by 5.7% mainly as a result of higher shrimp prices. In contrast, vegetables prices declined by an average of 3.5%, with cabbage, sweet peppers and tomatoes recording the most significant decreases. The cost of transportation remained virtually unchanged, as higher prices for fuels and lubricants were completely offset by lower international airfares. In the case of fuel, the average price of premium gasoline jumped by 20.0% from $10.84 to $13.01 per gallon while that of diesel increased by 12.0% from $9.97 to $11.17 per gallon.

Galen's Western District Scholarships
Galen University has announced 15 new scholarships for students that graduate from Cayo schools. The scholarships honor 3 Belizeans from Cayo: Dr. Jaime Awe, Don. Hector Silva, and Mr. Joseph Andrews. Thanks, Galen! "To be eligible, applicants must reside or attend school in, or have graduated from a high school or junior college in the Western Cayo District and must be accepted into a Galen University undergraduate program. Scholarship recipients are expected to enroll full time for a maximum of two years or 70 credit hours. The purpose of the scholarship program is to offer students the opportunity to achieve their dreams and their goals. Galen continues to be committed to excellence in education to students and to adhering to the principles of sustainable development. Additional districts scholarships will be launched in January 2013 to further this commitment and to celebrate outstanding Belizean citizens."

SHC's Tarde Cultural
Sacred Heart College had their annual La Tarde Cultural.

Women's Self Defense Class at UB
Another round of women's self defense classes were given in Cayo this weekend. Belmopan City Online was at the University of Belize to cover the event. Thanks, Renee Wentz, for all your time and effort to keep the ladies safe. "Don't MESS with these ladies!! (in fact don't mess with ANY lady). A Great self-defence class was held this Satuday free of charge at UB. The girls and women who participated learned great tips on how to conduct themselves to avoid becoming victims, what to do if you're being followed, and how to fight back during an actual attack. Everyone left feeling empowered and a little safer. To find out about more upcoming sessions, 'like' the 'S.H.E. Thing...' page:

Tres Leches

What’s new on Caye Caulker ..
Just in time for the 2012 – 2013 Xmas and New Year high season we have two new eateries that have opened on Caye Caulker in the last week. First and foremost we are delighted to say that the island hot spot, the Palapa Bar has been handed over to two enormously popular locals – Miss Estella and Keith. Miss Stella is renowned for her skill in the kitchen will be cooking the mouth watering edibles that she is now famous for – her pastries, particularly her lemon pie is something that once you eat, you just cannot forget!! It is heartwarming that a true local like Miss Stella, who has always been the silent hero in the kitchen, now deserves to take centre stage in her own place on the island. And the Palapa itself, now of course Pat and Stel’s is looking brighter and more attractive than ever – with good lick of paint and some additional refurbishment – the bar with arguably the best view on the island, now is quite the place to hang out – that, along with the undeniably good food that will come out of the kitchen, sounds like somewhere you should visit!!! And secondly – the new Friend’s restaurant. This is located and what we still refer to as the old Herbal Tribe (RIP Giovanni!!) – some things never die!! These guys, originally and successfully from in San Pedro, re-located to Caye Caulker for a change. They have taken time in their renovations and the place looks totally different and inviting. Their food is from falafel, to roasted chicken, humus and even kebabs. With their Arabic flavors offer something different on the island and I can say from first hand experience the food is good.

Channel 7

A Murder in St. Matthews
We report tonight on the first murder of 2012 in the western village of Saint Matthews. 31 year-old Roylee Young was killed last night at around 9:30 at a bar where he was socializing. His murder was done execution-style, where the gunman ambushed him from behind. 7News learned today that he had many enemies, one of whom may have targeted him because they suspect that he was an informant for police. Here's what we found out today: Daniel Ortiz reporting The family of 31 old Roylee Young to try up figure who carried out his execution style killing last night. He spent the last few minutes at El Pedrigal Shop and bar in the heart of Saint Matthews. His mother explained off-camera about the little information they know at this point. Voice Of: Mother of Deceased "I was at home, I had just went in bed when my niece came and tell me that she understand that my son has been shot. I told her no and she told me that she doesn't know if it's true but that she was going back to find out and return back. I told her okay. She went and returns back quickly and says that she saw him sitting down in the chair where he was shot. She says that he was shot in the back of his head." "I could not believe it because he came home a little while ago - he came around 7pm last night and he left a bag at the girl that he lived with and he told her that he was coming back right now." He never did make it back home that night.

Drunk Driver Killed Esmond
And in the city, a well-known local character was knocked down and killed, police say most likely by a drunk driver. Esmond White was knocked down and killed on the Northern Highway between Traveler's Bar and Friendship restaurant. It's a stretch of road that's always heavily trafficked, and on Friday nights - add in the drunk drivers and hotheads, and it's barely controlled chaos. And it is in that chaos that the diminutive Esmond White lost his life. He's well known in the area as what you might call a "run-man" - but on Friday night, he ran into a drunk driver. Monica Bodden reports:.. Monica Bodden reporting The fatal traffic accident happened here in front of Travellers One Barrel Bar on Friday night just before 11. 44 year old Esmond Wright was knocked down from off his green mountain bike- By a blue Avenger car which was travelling in the direction towards Belize City. He received severe head and body injuries and died on the spot. Cecil Tillett - Brother of Decease "I got the news in the morning. The police found me and they told me about it."

Former Chukka Belize Partner Accuses Company of Vandalism
This afternoon, police investigators went to a tourist park known as Big Hill at mile 9 on the Coastal Road. The owner, Tom Wilson is claiming that his property was vandalized. But, it's not some random act of lawlessness - he's accusing his former partners, Chukka Tours of vandalizing the property they once shared. That was until both sides agreed to terminate the contract recently - and Chukka undertook , in writing, to remove everything they had put in, right down to the toilet fixtures. Wilson told police in a complaint that they went too far, beyond what was agreed. But tonight Chukka's country manager is defending her company's actions; she says they only took out what they put in. Here's the interview she gave the media today:.. Valerie Woods, Country Manager - CHUKKA Belize "We did not vandalize. The fact of the matter here guys is very simple - it's a landlord and tenant situation and the landlord had nothing on the property when the tenant came. The tenant put pretty much everything on that property including the very road that one drives on to utilize the property - hundreds of thousands of dollars alone for the road. We removed all items that were ours and this was stated clearly. Were doors removed? Yes. Were toilets and urinals removed? Yes - all those that would have resulted of breakage of tiles which we had agreed to. Were sheets of zincs removed? yes because those are ours and we could use them at the other locations where we do business as well. We can recycle the use of those."

FECTAB On Chukka Bz: "I Told You So... "
And the reason they have those arrangements is because they used to be business partners. In fact, it's Tom and Yvette Wilson who first brought Chukka to Belize as minority shareholders in their company Bakkabush Tours. If that name sounds familiar, it should. In 2010, because of that Chukka partnership, Bakkabush was the principal target of FECTAB. And targets they were, with the Wilson's even receiving death threats and suffering damage to property. Since then, the partnership has dissolved, Bakkabush's operations have been absorbed into Chukka Belize, and, Chukka has arranged to purchase the Wilson's shareholdings. All that background is important because tonight it comes right back to FECTAB. Though they bashed Wilson when he was in business with Chukka in 2010, tonight, they are coming to his rescue - if only to illustrate what they've been saying all along - that Chukka has no friends in Belize. The FECTAB threesome came to our studio this morning and here's how they explained the turn of events and their shifting alliance:.. Yhony Rosado - Cavetubing.com "Jules, I've been noticing CHUKKA from the very first moment of having my own enemies - even Tom Wilson who we are defending today - he was once upon a time my worst enemy. He almost came on record to say that I have something with him personally. If it is true that CHUKKA had break more than what they were supposed to breaking at Mr. Tom Wilson place - it is the same truth we are bringing out today is the same thing that will happen at Jaguar Paw because remember they dint buy anything - they only lease and rent. If they get mad with NICH or government they will do the same thing."

Chukka Bz Boss Unfazed By Fectab
And so while FECTAB is saying "I told you so…" and pal-ing up to Tom Wilson, Chukka's country manager isn't impressed. She says it's all an arrangement of convenience which she won't entertain:.. Valerie Woods, Country Manager - CHUKKA Belize "Ladies and gentlemen, I simply will not dignify the ranting of FECTAB because they have a personal vendetta against those who own CHUKKA and obviously I am the face of CHUKKA Belize and so they transcended that to myself." "I will not simply go away because they don't like me and I will not go away because they don't like CHUKKA. We are not doing anything wrong. We continue to employ Belizeans, we continue to do so." Jules Vasquez "How to you view the whole thing in so far as the fact that FECTAB whose original mandate is to demonize Wilson, BAKKABUSH Tours and CHUKKA who were partners is now an advocate for Tom Wilson against CHUKKA?" Valerie Woods "I don't know whose terms is this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend."" Jules Vasquez "Do you see how they handled Tom Wilson's property - then the extension is made - what wouldn't they do to any of us or to anyone else. This is the brutish way that CHUKKA operates, that's what your opponents are saying - this illustrates it. How do you respond to that?"

Another Bogus Birth Certificate
46 year-old Guatemalan National Maria Hernandez Nunez is in prison tonight after she was charged with immigration offences because she impersonated a Belizean to apply for a social security card. Nunez, who claims to have been living in Belize for 17 years, went to the Social Security Board on last week Friday to try to apply for a social security card under the name of Juanita Campos. The problem is that one of the employees of SSB knew the real Juanita Campos, and as a result, Immigration authorities were called in, who detained Nunez. They realized that she was in possession of Campos' birth certificate, and as a result, she was charged with using a document she was not entitled to use. She was arraigned today before Magistrate Adolph Lucas, where she pleaded guilty to the charge. She was also deemed to be a prohibited immigration, and as a result, she was fined $3,000 dollars which she had to pay forthwith, or spend 2 years in prison in default.

Special Branch Finds Gun, Weed
The Special Branch is making the news again tonight for some high value seizures they made this weekend. Foremost among them is a 20 gauge pump action shotgun along with ONE live cartridge. Based on information, this was found on an abandoned lot in Maskall Village on Saturday. No was in the area and the shotgun and cartridge were classed as "FOUND PROPERTY". Back in the city, on Friday afternoon, the Special Branch also found 109 grammes, about four ounces of marijuana stashed in the bumper of a car in Pink's Alley. On Saturday afternoon, using Special Branch information, Police searched an abandoned lot in the vicinity of Linda Vista area, where they found a black plastic bag with 102 grams of cannabis. In other police news, On Friday night, a family dispute turned into gunplay after a windshield was broken. At 11:15, 27 year old mechanic Brandon James, was at his Raceocurse street home when he heard a bang and saw that someone had smashed the windshield on a 1995 BMW that he was repairing.

XUNANTUNICH: The Concert Event
On Friday, we told you about the plan to close Xunantunich until after Christmas. This is so that a giant stage and amenities can be built in the main plaza to accommodate a major international concert. And we're not talking a few acts flown in from Kingston, according to UNOFFICIAL reports, organizers are hoping to book major American rock stars such as Neil Young and Sarah Mclachlan The concert will be held on December 21st. to coincide with the end of the Mayan Calendar and will be transmitted to a global audience. It will also be shown on big screen at four venues in Belize - and there are also plans to stream it on YOUTUBE. But the two week closure from December 12th to 26th doesn't sit well with the villagers form the nearby Succotz. Many of them make a living off selling their wares in Succotz and say they haven't been consulted. Director of the Institute of Archaeology, Dr. JaIme Awe says he did hold a meeting in the village on Friday night - but only 20 villagers and no village leaders showed up.

Why Farrakhan Still Matters
Last week, we told you about the visit of Nation of Islam Leader Minister Louis Farrakhan who arrives in Belize on Thursday December sixth for a 4 day tour. We've been only able to give you a broad outline of his schedule while here in Belize, today, the main organizer of the event, Nuri Muhammad, spoke to us on the details. Farrakhan arrives on Thursday afternoon at 2:00 - after which he will have a press conference, and then go to meet Prime Minister Dean Barrow at his Belize City Office. That night, Foreign Minister Wilfred Elrington will host him at a formal reception. On Saturday, he begins to make his public appearances starting on the KREM WUB morning talk show followed by a number of addresses. Muhammed explained: Nuri Muhammed - Farrakhan Trip Organizer "Then he moves later on that day to the mosque, the Muslim place of prayer on Central American Boulevard where he will address the Muslim community. Later that afternoon at about 2pm he will be at the King's Room at the Princess Hotel where there is an expected large crowd of youth organized by the Department of Youth Services." "The following morning he will go to central prison in Hattieville manage by the Kolbe Foundation where he will speak to the entire inmate population and then his last talk that same Saturday night will be his return to Bird's Isle - the third time that he is going to Bird's Isle which he is looking forward to that because he has fun memories of his first time at Bird's Isle 37 years ago."

McAfee's Psychiatric Circus Continues
Gregory Faull was killed three weeks ago - and his murder joins about 90 other Belizean homicides in 2012 for which no arrest has been made. The primary person of interest to police, John McAfee remains on the run, a fugitive of his own design, and he continues to make a rather dramatic production out of it. He's set up a website where he breathlessly blogs about his various imagined intrigues, not-so-near-misses with law enforcement, and other fugitive fantasies. This weekend - as things were beginning to drag - McAfee livened it up with his first on-camera interview. He granted it to CNN where reporter Martin Savidge wasn't quite sure what to think after leasing with the manic McAfee. Savidge didn't state his location, but the area where he was reporting from looked a lot like San Pedro - which would suggest that McAfee's hiding in plain sight.

Channel 5

Roy Lee Young executed in St. Matthews Village
An execution-style murder has shocked the village of St Mathews on the George Price Highway. Roy Lee Young had a survived a previous attempt on his life but on Sunday night, he was fatally shot in the head as he sat on the verandah of a community shop, socializing with friends. About an hour before [...]

Esmond ‘Shorty’ Wright knocked down and killed
Another man lost his life at the start of the weekend in Belize City. Esmond Wright, who is well known as Shorty and a fixture at Travelers Bar was knocked down as he crossed the road to...

Farrakhan on his way to Belize
Minister Louis Farrakhan, Head of the Nation of Islam, is expected to draw a large crowd when he arrives in Belize this Thursday. On his third visit to Belize, as part of the Caribbean 2012 Tour, Farrakhan...

FECTAB alleges Chukka engaged in property destruction
It’s not the first time that the Federation of Cruise Tourism Association of Belize (FECTAB) has been in dispute with Chukka, the Jamaican owned tour operator who controls a big chunk of the local tourism industry. FECTAB...

McAfee briefly comes out of hiding
John McAfee has brought more publicity to Belize than any individual has in recent years. The founder of the antivirus company that bears his name allegedly lost most of his hundred million U.S. dollar fortune during a...

Faking it, but immigration offense has real fine
An attempt at identity theft was foiled at the Social Security Board’s Belize City office on Friday. Forty-six year old Guatemalan national, Maria Francisca Hernandez, was caught applying for a social security card using a birth certificate...

Another faker, Monica Miguel was never kidnapped by a Dread
Another woman appeared before Magistrate Adolph Lucas today for being dishonest; not with the Social Security Board, but with the police. Last Thursday, twenty-two year old Monica Miguel visited the Queen Street Police Station and filed a...

Marijuana in the motor vehicle
The Police Special Branch was conducting operations over the weekend. At around three-thirty on Friday afternoon, the officers searched an area in Pink’s Alley where they found a black plastic bag containing a hundred and nine grams...

Enrique Pena Nieto, Mexico’s new president
The new government of Mexico was installed over the weekend. The PRI’s Enrique Pena Nieto took over the five year term presidency from Felipe Calderon of the PAN which was in government for twelve years. Pena Nieto...

Have you seen Scott? He ran from home
There are regular reports from the police about teens and children who go missing. The incidents don’t regularly make the evening news because within a day, the youths return home. But in this case Elvira Thompson of...

Youths to present anti-violence plan to Central American governments
Twenty youths headed for San Salvador on November twenty-eighth to participate in an anti-violence forum at the Crowne Plaza Hotel. One hundred and forty youths represented seven countries in the First Central American Youth Against Violence Forum. ...

Please donate! Toy Drive for Faber’s Road and Pinks Alley kids
Tis the season to be jolly and some enterprising residents of Faber’s Road and Pinks Alley hope to make the wishes of the neighborhood kids come true. The trio comprised of Edmond Staine, Ada Toro and Brian...

Weekend sports roundup with James Adderly
Good evening I’m James Adderley and this is Sports Monday. The final regular season schedule in the P.B.L. football competition staged over the weekend found at least three ball clubs mounting a last ditch effort to make...

Chinese Business Owner Robbed On Her Way to the Bank
Over sixty thousand dollars in cash was stolen in an armed hold-up this morning in Dangriga Town. Correspondent Harry Arzu reports. “A Chinese woman was robbed today at about ten o’clock this morning. The incident occurred in this municipality on ...

Police News
Police in Orange Walk town are investigating a burglary. Fifty eight year old Maria Campos reported to police that sometime between seven o’clock on Friday night and six o’clock last night someone broke into the upper flat of her house. Campos says that a number of el...

Belizean American To Represent Belize at UN Pageant
Belizean-American Artesha Welch has been chosen to represent Belize n the upcoming Miss Tourism United Nations Pageant. The international event will be held on Saturday night in Kingston, Jamaica. According to a release published on Sunday, Welch, whose parents are from Dangriga ...

Prohibited Immigrant Caught Trying to Acquire Belizean Social Security Card
Forty-six year old Guatemalan national Maria Nunez who tried to get a social security card with a Belizean birth certificate in the name of Juanita Campos, was fined a total of $3,000.00 after she pled guilty to using a document she is not entitled to use and being a prohibited immigra...

Drunk Driver Knocks Down Resident
Twenty year old Amrick Escobar, an unemployed of Lord’s Bank Road who allegedly knocked down and killed 44-year old Desmond Wright, was charged with manslaughter by negligence and three other offences when he appeared in court. The other charges were for driving motor vehicle...

Doctor Marco Tulio Mendez Demands Answers From Pablo Marin
At the House of Representatives on Friday eight bills were introduced including Money Laundering and Terrorism Prevention Bill, the Domestic Banks and Financial Institution Bill, The Crime Control and Criminal Justice Bill, the Income Tax (Avoidance of Double Taxation) (Caricom) Amendment Bill, a bill against trafficking in persons and a commercial sexual exploitation of children bill. Of course it would not have been a normal day inside the House of Representatives if there were no heated discussions. And the first signal went off when the Leader of the Opposition, Francis Fonseca, chastised the Prime Minister of Belize as it pertains to the Super Bond negotiations. The second spark went off when Orange Walk East Area Representative Honorable Doctor Marco Tulio Mendez, questioned Minister of Health Honorable Pablo Marin on the numerous allegations of malpractice made against the NRH by women who gave birth at the hospital. Of note is that before Friday Minister Marin had not spoken on the issue. Doctor Marco Tulio Mendez- Orange Walk East Area Representative "Now after hearing the stories of this patient - of these suffering mothers, when you see them depress, devastated, in grief, that loneliness that they are going through - it really make you wonder. It makes you wonder what the hell went wrong. Now Mr. Speaker, there are many patients. I just want to briefly give you some of them. We have Ms. Magdalena Chable, 31 years old. She reported that she had a rapture bladder and a child with severe asphyxia. If you may allow me Mr. Speaker, I just want to show - this is an image of that baby. We always say that photos are worth more than a thousand words - this cat scan on this baby has suffered brain damage with severe - I would say more than a million neurons, million brain cells that have died. This child won't be able to speak, walk, and learn. This is not the only patient; we have Ms. Coh, a 17 year old patient, just a teenager. Her baby has severe asphyxia - they reach on a timely hour at the hospital. They did their pre-natal care, yet that baby has severe asphyxia, severe brain damage - the same. That baby will have disability for the rest of their life."

House Broken Into More Than $6,000 In Items Stolen
Orange Walk Police are tonight investigating a burglary that has left one woman from the Orange Walk District out of more than $6,000 in stolen items after the upper flat of her two storey concrete house was broken into. The incident played out between 7:00pm on the 30th of November and 6:00pm on the 2nd of December when a thief or thieves gained access to the residence of 58 year old Maria Campos, Belizean domestic of Belize Corozal Road Orange Walk Town, by prying open the back door located on the east side of the building. Stolen from the residence was one Phillip brand Television valued at $2,000.00bcy, one black stereo valued at $3,000.00bcy, one blender valued at $185.00bcy and assortment of jewelries valued at $1,500.00bcy. All stolen items are valued at a total of $6,885.00bcy. Police are investigating.

Teacher From Orange Walk Robbed In Belize City
With the high criminal rate in Belize City one often thinks twice before making a trip to the old capital, and with good reason. Tonight a 35 year old teacher from Orange Walk Town is recuperating from a frightful ordeal after she was robbed at gun point while walking on Dolphin Street heading towards Cemetery Road in Belize City. The victim reported to police that as she was heading towards her destination, she was approached by male individual of Creole decent riding a beach cruiser. The individual pulled out a silver and black handgun, pointed it at the victim and demanded that she hand over her belongings. Fearing for her life the teacher did as she was told and handed over her cellular phone and her purse containing bank cards and other personal items valued at a total of $75.00. The individual then made good his escape by riding towards Gibnut Street. Police are investigating.

McAfee Gives Interview To CNN
It is now day 22 of the John MacAfee ongoing trivia with Belize’s law enforcement officers and today there are some new details into this saga. Over the weekend, a post on MacAfee’s personal blog suggested that he had been captured by Belizean authorities while crossing the Mexican border. However, the report was disregarded by authorities here in Belize. Earlier today the anti-virus pioneer updated the world as he once again posted on his web blog. “I am currently safe and in the company of two intrepid journalists from Vice Magazine, and, of course, Sam. We are not in Belize, but not quite out of the woods yet.” wrote McAfee. He further goes on to say that his body double who was carrying a North Korean passport under his name was detained in Mexico but released shortly after, and is now safely out of Mexico. MacAfee claims to have fled Belize because of suspicions that Sam was in danger of being captured, Sam being the young woman he has been hiding out with. He also posted that he will be returning to Belize, after he has secured Sam, because quote “my fight is in Belize, and I can do little in exile” end of quote. In the first on camera interview since he went on the run, McAfee told CNN reporter Martin Savidge that the Government of Belize is out to get him. The interview, which was conducted at an undisclosed location in Belize, was aired on CNN on Sunday.

Celebrating Disability Week
This week is being celebrated as Disability Week under the theme “Removing Barriers to create an inclusiveness and accessible society for all. From the 2nd to the 8th of December the various organizations, which work with persons with special needs, highlight their everyday issues and everyday triumphs. Today the National Resource Centre for Inclusive Education, formerly known as the Special Education Unit, kicked off Disability Week in Corozal. But during the event there was no room for sympathy or special treatment since participants proved that when it comes to ability, disability is not a barrier. Elmer Cornejo - Reporting Way too often children have always encountered factors that limit them from enjoying a complete inclusiveness in the process of their education. Such factors include all those that place children at a disadvantage such as, physical disabilities, learning deficiencies, effects of HIV and Aids on families and children, illness, social and cultural differences and any form of discrimination. However, Belize has constantly tried to aim for inclusion or inclusive education for all children. That is why the National Resource Centre for Inclusive Education officially gave opening to Disability Week today at the Corozal Central Park. During the program children with disabilities were the main performers confirming that disability is not a barrier to ability.

Work At International Bridge Soon To Commence
Certainly, the new bridge near the border with Mexico was an issue for discussion on Friday’s Sitting of the House Representatives. The bridge has already been built but it’s yet impassable but that’s not because Mexico has not been able to keep their side of the bargain. Belize is the one who is halting the process since Government has not been able to keep up with its commitment. But according to the Prime Minister the work will soon commence. Honorable Dean Barrow- Prime Minister of Belize “The rest of the infrastructure work that we need to do on our side, is being funded by a loan that we got from CABEI, the Central American Bank of Economic Integration. Now, the processes of the bank were extraordinarily slow. In fact, when I was in Honduras, three or so weeks ago, I went to the bank and we spoke about that. But the contract has, I believe that was signed. The contractor was chosen after the tenders were opened and the letter of no objection from CABEI has been received. So the work should commence, I would imagine, within another week or so.”

North's Special Olympic Team Brings Home The Gold
On November 2nd the Northern Regional Special Olympics were held at the Orange Walk People’s Stadium and the qualifying athletes were selected to represent the north in the National Olympics held this past Saturday and Sunday in Punta Gorda. Tonight we have a lot to be proud of since the North’s Special Olympics team performed exceptionally well, winning a total of 36 medals at the Olympics. Estelita Carlos – Parents Alliance for Persons with Special Needs “First of all I want to thank all the athletes, they performed overwhelming, they did a tremendous job and I want to give them that great, great thank you for their performance, although and despite of the bad weather but they were there all out especially the football team.” Negril Crawford – Reporter “Can you tell me how many children represented the group from the north?” Estelita Carlos – Parents Alliance for Persons with Special Needs “The total from Orange Walk District is twenty eight athletes which are the football team composed of the junior and the senior and also the athletes for the track and field event.” Negril Crawford – Reporter “What would be the difficulties faced while preparing for their Olympics?”

#452697 - 12/04/12 09:21 AM Re: Today's Belize News: December 4, 2012 [Re: Marty]
Marty Online   happy

More News: Scroll up from here

African American with Caribbean Roots graduate of the Islamic University of Madinah
Dr. Abdullah Hakim Quick, an African American with Caribbean Roots graduate of the Islamic University of Madinah in Saudi Arabia is visiting Belize as part of an all Caribbean Tour. Dr. Quick arrived yesterday and will be staying for about five days. His main purpose is to visit the communities in Belize, specifically the Muslim communities. During this time he will also give lectures to students at the University of Belize. Love News spoke with Doctor Quick this morning and he told us more about what his lectures concentrate on. Dr. Quick said it is not the first time he visits Belize. Deeper Roots is a book written by Dr. Quick and he explained that the book will be incorporated with his lectures. The Caribbean Tour is been going well so far according to Dr. Quick and this is the seventh day since it began. He says he hopes to be able to come back to the country once again.

In Belize City participants gathered at the ITVET
A Literacy Workshop is being held countrywide for teachers and other personnel from the area of education. In Belize City participants gathered at the ITVET training room on Freetown Road and Literacy Coordinator at the Belize Literacy Unit, Alma Paredez gave us details on the training. Facilitator for the workshop is Joni Turville a Canadian who works with Professional Development of teachers in Alberta Canada. She also works with students with special needs and in areas of policy and advocacy for teachers. Turville talked to us about some of the strategies being discussed at the workshop. Two of the workshop participants, Education Officer for San Pedro and Caye Caulker, Miriam Codd and Teacher of Saint John Vianney School, Mona Ramos seemed very satisfied with the training and told us how this is helping them grow. Both the facilitator and the participants expressed the desire for more training sessions such as these to be held more often in the country.

A event grader youths in Crown Plaza, San Salvdor
Belize has representation at the first of its kind Central American Youth Forum against violence. The event, which opened this morning at the Crown Plaza hotel in San Salvador, brings together over a hundred young people from the countries of Central America, including Belize to discuss the issue of crime and violence. Love News spoke with the coordinator for Youth Against Violence Belize Andrea Enriquez this morning via telephone from San Salvador, El Salvador. The twenty-member Belize delegation to the Central American Youth Forum on crime and violence is due back in the country on Saturday.

27th Annual General Meeting for the BTIA
Tourism is one of the country’s greatest revenue earners and today, the folks that mould the industry through their businesses and services elected new leadership for the next two years. Today was the 27th Annual General Meeting for the Belize Tourism Industry Association and, according to immediate past President, Jim Scott, the Board, under his stewardship, saw quite a few accomplishments. Elected to serve as the new president is Herbert Haylock, who already has a vision for the next two years. Aside from Haylock who was elected as President, Valerie Woods was elected as First Vice President and Peter Tonti was chosen as Second Vice President.

Belmopan businessman robbed
A Belmopan businessman was held up and robbed. Correspondent Fem Cruz reports.

Sixty three year old Belize City woman robbed
A sixty three year old Belize City woman was the victim of a callous robbery committed by two men. Veronica Allen who is a missionary with the Jehovah’s Witness church was one her way home around eleven thirty on Wednesday morning when she was accosted and robbed at the corner of Vernon Street and Magazine Road. Allen says that she struggled with her attackers but the still managed to get away with her jewelry. She recounted her ordeal in a telephone interview late this evening with Love TV’s Patrick Jones. Police say that the thieves got away with Allen’s bracelet valued at four hundred and seventy five dollars and one of her earrings valued at one hundred dollars. And even though the robbery has left her shaken, Allen says she has no plans of giving up her Christian ministry. Police investigations into the robbery continue.

Workshop held at the Southern Regional Hospital
A workshop was held today at the Southern Regional Hospital. Correspondent Harry Arzu reports.

Special Olympics Belize in Punta Gorda
Plans are in place for the national games of Special Olympics Belize to be held in Punta Gorda. Correspondent Paul Mahung has the details.

Drunk driving claims another innocent life
A traffic accident has claimed the life of one man.. On Friday (Nov 30) around 11 pm, 43 year old Esmond Rudolph Wr...

PM promises "Demonstration Corridor" along the George Price Highway
While this latest traffic accident occurred on the Phillip Goldson Highway, statistics show that The George Price H...

PM announces new Ombudsman
The country has been a while without an Ombudsman; someone who investigates complaints and mediates fair settlement...

Chukka Tours and Tom Wilson sever ties
Chukka Tours and Tom Wilson sever ties and FECTAB says Chukka needs to go. Foreign owned Tour Company Chukka Tours ...

John McAfee still at large
The Belize Police Department has categorically denied that they have high profile fugitive, John McAfee in custody ...

PM promises timely completion of border crossing with Mexico
In Friday's House Meeting at the National assembly in Belmopan. PUP Corozal South East Area Representative, Florenc...

Dangriga Police seize illegal firearms
Dangriga Police have been making progress in the seizure of illegal firearms over the last couple of weeks in that ...

Supermarket owner held up and robbed on way to bank
Owner of Dangriga grocery store is held up and robbed at gunpoint. Hong Mei, the owner of Griga-lizaen Supermarket ...

Drugs found in Linda Vista area of Belize City
On Saturday afternoon a team of Police officers responded to a tip about drugs being stashed at vacant lot in the v...

Louis Farrakhan Muhammad, Sr. is visiting Belize
Louis Farrakhan Muhammad, Sr. renowned international religious and motivational speaker is visiting Belize as part ...

"Sell Tacos Not Children" attended by over 200 youth
The UB Gym was the venue for a unique youth event called “Sell tacos not children.” The event which was held on Sat...

Youth Friendly Drop in Center opens at the Caribbean Shores Police Substation
Opening ceremonies were held last week for a Youth Friendly Drop in Center at the Caribbean Shores police substatio...

Belize City mechanic escapes bullet
A Belize City mechanic escaped a bullet on Friday night. Brandon Tray James, a Mechanic of Racecourse Street, was a...

An Orange Walk resident robbed at gunpoint in Belize City
An Orange Walk resident was robbed at gunpoint in Belize City. The teacher reported that on Friday (Nov 30) she was...

Teacher's home caught fire in Belize City
Another teacher also suffered loss when his Belize City home caught on fire. Elston Lord, a Teacher of Pelican Stre...

Surprise party!
Yesterday we attended a surprise party here at Grand Caribe for Leisa's birthday. When we arrived, Melody, who works at the front desk, and Laurie (aka Tacogirl) were busy decorating the gorgeous condo over the Grand Caribe office, where Leisa's parents were staying. There was a beautiful cake, snack food, and plenty of balloons. Here we are waiting for the guest of honor to arrive. Tacogirl snapped this photo with my camera so is not in it, unfortunately.... Once Leisa and her parents got back from being out on a boat for the day, they all went over to Cowboy Doug and Leisa's condo, and everyone was trying to figure out how to get Leisa up to the party room so that we could yell "Surprise!" Melody came up with the idea of calling Leisa and telling her that there was a water leak in the unit where her parents were staying and that Leisa was needed to help out. Melody was very convincing, even when Leisa started asking questions about where housekeeping and maintenance were. Leisa was sure she was no expert on water leaks and wondered why they needed her, but she wasn't suspicious at all. Apparently she had been kind of in the dumps that it had been raining so much since her parents arrival on the island, after so much gorgeous, sunny weather prior to that; and this so-called water leak was the final straw. She sent her parents up to their unit, but Leisa just went out on her veranda to chill before coming up herself. She really did not want any more problems. We were all waiting with cake and cameras, ready to yell "SURPRISE", but we had to put everything down and wait since her folks came up, but not Leisa!

I'll Be Home For Christmas...
In fact, I'll be home a whole lot sooner than that. I'm at my final destination in the good ole' United States...my younger brother's house in Providence, Rhode Island. The weather has been good for the past two weeks. Cold but not exceptionally so. I've been making due with one pair of jeans from Old Navy ($9USD), two turtlenecks and...well...that's basically it. We did have a bit of snow in Providence a few days ago. More of a pretty dusting than a wintry nightmare. Here is my bro, his wife and two sons' house. Snow around the corner... Holiday decorating seems to start early...way early. We hit the Christmas tree farm yesterday to find a good one. We were about 20 minutes out of Providence. It becomes quite rural really quickly. And pretty foggy.

International Sources

St. Andrew's students send backpacks and school supplies to 325 students in Belize
Just before Thanksgiving break, middle school students at St. Andrew’s Episcopal School packaged 325 backpacks for students in Belize. The schoolwide service learning project brought students together from every grade level in an effort to serve those in need. The backpacks will go directly to children attending a school in Valley of Peace, Belize. Every child at that school will receive a backpack with his or her name on it, a personalized letter or picture and age-appropriate educational materials. Students at St. Andrew’s collected everything from pencils, pens and crayons to books and binders. Students also raised money so every child in Belize would receive a small toy. The backpacks are scheduled to arrive in Belize in time for Christmas. This is the first time St. Andrew’s students have undertaken this type of initiative. According to Service-Learning Coordinator Tara Lowery-Hart, one of the most interesting aspects of this project was the way St. Andrew’s students felt connected to another individual child who was in a completely different place and culture. “I could see our children really thinking about this other student they were helping as they wrote their notes and letters — who they might be, what they might like to do.” Students at St. Andrew’s hand-made bookmarks, and every St. Andrew’s student in first through eighth grades wrote a personalized note or letter to go in a backpack.

Incredible Snorkeling in Belize
Even though I’m a scuba diver one of the funnest and most memorable things I did on my trip to Belize was snorkeling. The first half of the trip I stayed on Ambergris Caye, the largest island in Belize. We spent a 5 hours snorkeling just a few miles from our hotel. The tour operator took us on a boat filled with people and we headed about 20 or so minutes away to a protected marine reserve called Hol Chan (translated in Mayan language it means little channel) and a second site called Shark Ray Alley. These are the two most popular snorkeling destinations in Belize and it was fairly crowded with other boats and groups of snorkelers. Once we arrived and the guide told us to hop in everyone else on the boat was hesitating, most of them were inexperienced and after all the ocean can be intimidating. I strapped my fins on and took the lead plunging into the warm water. It was shallow and crystal clear, minus the sand I managed to kick up all over the place jumping in. At first all I could see were a few small fish, but the further our group paddled along the better it got.

Come Sail Away: Belize Raggamuffin Tour, Day Three
We woke that morning to the sound of seagulls calling and a gentle breeze blowing across our sea salt-encrusted skin. After camping in paradise during a tropical storm and witnessing the hatching of baby sea turtles, we weren’t sure the third, and final, day of our sailing and snorkeling adventure with Raggamuffin Tours in Belize could even come close to topping the previous two days. And we were right. It didn’t. Although there was no impressive crescendo at the end of this day, it was relaxing, amazing, and equally enjoyable, nonetheless. When you wake to a view like this, who could complain? Because our tents and bedding remained soaked from the storm of night one, we slept in basic, but cozy, rooms on Tobacco Caye on night two. Although this meant we didn’t get to camp again (something which we really looked forward to, despite the previous night’s storm), it did provide us with a second-story view of the turqoise waters of the Caribbean from the comfort of the balcony hammock. We had several hours to lounge around the island and get in some last-minute snorkeling before it was time to set sail and head toward our final destination: Placencia.

Belize Adjusts Restructuring Offer
Following upward adjustments to Belize’s medium-term fiscal projections and a freeing up of additional resources, the government has revised the indicative debt restructuring offer it pitched in August, as it continues dialogue with holders of its 2029 Superbonds. The sovereign revised two scenarios for its par and discount bonds, it says, offering a smaller haircut, shorter maturity and higher coupons. The government now offers one scenario with no reduction in principal, a 10-year grace period, 2052 maturity, and 2.75% coupon for five years and 4.5% thereafter – altering the previous 15-year grace period, 2.0% coupon and final maturity of 2062. A second possibility entails a 33% haircut, 5-year grace period, 2042 maturity and 4.5% coupon for five years and 6.75% thereafter – altering the previous 45% haircut and 3.5% coupon. A third scenario pitched in August, also involving a 45% haircut, was not addressed. “The terms are less severe than the ones set out last August, namely, shorter grace periods, less duration extension and higher coupons. As such, there is a meaningful increase in the valuation of the [government’s] proposal, particularly in the case of the par option,” Nomura says in a report. An ad-hoc group of bondholders representing at least $200m of the debt had sent a counter proposal to the government’s initial scenarios offering three alternative scenarios based on par structures. Their three alternatives involve a return to the current 8.5% coupon upon the expiry of the reduced coupon period, required terms which include issuance of GDP warrants and oil recovery certificates, inclusion of net present value reinstatement clauses, and payment of consent fees to participating creditors. “While acknowledging that the committee’s counter proposal provides a degree of short-term cash flow relief, the government considers it to be wholly incompatible with its objective of placing the country’s debt burden on a sustainable footing,” the government says.

I am safe - From John McAfee
I apologize for the silence, and misdirection. I am currently safe and in the company of two intrepid journalist from Vice Magazine, and, of course, Sam. We are not in Belize, but not quite out of the woods yet. I will do a more detailed posting later today if all goes well. My “double”, carrying on a North Korean passport under my name, was in fact detained in Mexico for pre-planned misbehavior, but due to indifference on the part of authorities was evicted from the jail and was unable to serve his intended purpose in our exit plan. He is now safely out of Mexico. We are are well, but extremely tired. Vice Magazine, later today will do a posting, with video. I left Belize because of a series of events which led both Sam and I to believe that she was in danger of capture. She has been my go-between and my eyes and ears in the outside world. I decided to make the move. I will be returning to Belize after I have place Sam in a safe position. My fight is in Belize, and I can do little in exile. My lifeline of information pertaining to the inner workings of the government depends on my physical presence. As an aside, I would like to point to the extraordinary lengths the mainstream media will go to maintain a sensationalist story. The New York times piece, for example, not one time mentioned that three of my friends were arrested and are still in prison, or that for a week, they held two women friends, one with a child who was still nursing. How long can the press maintain the “Drug crazed madman” perspective? I think it will end with Vice Magazine’s story. They have seen, and heard everything.

Kibbles ‘n’ Bits, 12/3/12 – Blogging in the jungle with John McAfee
§ One of the best spectator sports the last week or so has been the John McAfee story—basically, the guy who invented that anti-virus software that spammed you endlessly in the “cyber” era, is actually a paranoid oddball who has been living in Belize and has fled to the jungle after being accused of killing his neighbor. Whoa, buddy, that software was supposed to stamp out COMPUTER viruses, not NEIGHBORS! Even in the jungle, he managed to launch a blog defending himself. Also in the mix a bit is cartoonist Chad Essley, who, Aaron Colter at Wired tells us, was originally hired two years ago to make a comic for McAfee: The relationship between the fugitive and the cartoonist began in 2010 on a private internet forum where an anonymous entrepreneur hired Essley to produce an animated web short for an antibiotic venture called Quorumex. The mysterious businessman soon revealed himself as McAfee, and the two struck up a friendship. When the news broke this April that a gang suppression unit had raided McAfee’s property in Belize, Essley was taken aback. Eventually Essley did go down for a visit, and since then, he’s has begun a comic called THE HINTERLANDS based on his adventures with McAfee. However, he’s also become one of McAfee’s few trusted people and is actually the person who helped McAfee get a website up and running while still on the lam. “I did it because I had the ability to do so for free, in a keystroke or two,” says Essley. Since then, he has kept McAfee’s often rambling personal blog WhoIsMcAfee.com up and running, and served as one of the only contacts to the millionaire fugitive, who is still on the run.

McAfee: I’m on the run, ‘not out of the woods yet’
Software company founder John McAfee said Monday he has fled from Belize using a bizarre ruse, adding yet another chapter in what threatens to become one of the biggest media fugitive frenzies since O.J. Simpson led police on a low-speed chase in 1994. McAfee claimed in a blog posting he had evaded authorities by staging an elaborate distraction in neighbouring Mexico. In an email to The Associated Press, McAfee confirmed a posting to his website in which he described, in what appeared to be joking tones, how he mounted the ruse. “My ‘double,’ carrying on (sic) a North Korean passport under my name, was detained in Mexico for pre-planned misbehaviour,” McAfee wrote, “but due to indifference on the part of authorities (he) was evicted from the jail and was unable to serve his intended purpose in our exit plan.” It was a turn typical of the bizarre saga of the eccentric anti-virus company founder wanted for questioning in connection with the killing of fellow American ex-pat Gregory Viant Faull, who was shot to death at the Belize island where they both had homes in early November. Since then, McAfee has refused to turn himself in for questioning, saying he fears Belizean police would kill him, and has titillated the media with phone calls, emails and blog posts detailing his life on the lam. It has all resulted in a rather undignified media scrum to get interviews with McAfee, complete with taunts. Vice magazine, two of whose journalists are reportedly travelling with McAfee, posted a story entitled We Are with John McAfee Right Now, Suckers.

Wanted man McAfee says he's safe -- and out of Belize
The long, strange trip of fugitive software pioneer John McAfee has taken a bizarre detour. The eccentric pioneer of the anti-virus company bearing his name — wanted for questioning about a slaying in Belize — posted a notice on his blog Monday that he is "safe" and no longer in the Caribbean nation. The post comes a day after the website, whoismcafee.com, reported that McAfee was arrested at the Mexican border. "I apologize for the silence, and misdirection," the post says. "I am currently safe and in the company of two intrepid journalists from Vice Magazine. ... We are not in Belize, but not quite out of the woods yet. I will do a more detailed posting later today if all goes well." McAfee, 67, says that as a diversion, he had a "double" carrying a North Korean passport under McAfee's name. The post says the double was detained in Mexico. McAfee says his "double" was released from jail in Mexico and is no longer in that country. He says he will return to Belize. "My fight is in Belize, and I can do little in exile," he says in the post. "My lifeline of information pertaining to the inner workings of the government depends on my physical presence." Late Monday afternoon, there were reports that Vice did not delete location data from a photo showing where editor in chief Rocco Castoro and a photographer/videographer -- and McAfee -- are (or perhaps were). According to Google Maps, the photo was taken in Franja Transversal del Norte, Guatemala. Later, he posted "another apology," stating he had manipulated the image data. I openly apologize to Vice Magazine for manipulating their recently published photo. I have been ferocioously put my place by Mr. Rocco for "interfering" with the objectivity of their reporting. I, for my own safety, manipulated the xif data on the image taken from my cellphone, and created a fake emrgency so that the urgency of movement led, as I knew it would, to the hasty posting on their website. I felt that our tenuous situation demanded action, and that was the action that I chose. I do not believe that Vice will remain with me further. Again, my apologies.

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lil’ Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 78 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,631 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,689 Topics
461,191 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.