Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
We come to Belize every couple of years and I take that precious time to play with underwater photography. As I normally do I have posted photos on my web site. http://www.angrypig.com - take a look if you wish - I actually think there's been some improvement since the last lot. That is very nice for me to see, next time will be even better (or so I tell myself!)

As for the trip report - it was a mixed bag really. Very nice to see old friends and catch up. Fidos was fun as always, The Reef is great and fantasic value, Elvis Kitchen and Carumbas (beer towers) did not disappoint - well, they never do.

What let us down this time was Amigos Del Mar. Sad to say it but after diving with them for 10 years I'll be swapping next vist to Chuck and Robbie. (http://ambergriscayediving.com/). The issue I had was that two of my family being ill cost me $500 - with enough people to do a Turneffe trip (even without us) I was still charged $500 US because I had two people too ill to dive. I understand cancellation policies but if I have dived with a company for 10 years I expect a little give and take. Oh well, $2000 per trip for future trips will go to another company.
That didn't ruin the vacation, It was annoying and sad as the actual dive masters are great but I cannot throw that money away for no reason.
What else? The weather was fine, it was wet for some of the time but if you are in the pool or diving why do you care?
The clock? That god awful clock in the middle of the street? WTF?? Who greased palms for that to go up? Honestly...
It was, on the whole great as always and all at Captain Morgans made us feel very welcome once again, well, all on the island really. It's sort of like going home.

Already looking forward to the next trip and getting even better photos!!

Apache, I feel your pain, been there, been forgiven, did it again, had to pay. Now I also know that if I'm not feeling that great the day before, make sure to cancel with the required notice. Also, know not to book if know the weather is going to be bad or have a party going on the night before.

Did you actually discuss any of this with Robbie? Though it may have changed, Chuck and Robbie used to book their Turneffe and BH dives with Amigos del Mar. You could find yourself in the same situation. Or is it just that you are voting with your feet for local dives too?

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

OP Offline
I actually went on the dive, it was my wife and nephew who apparently had some food which did not agree with them (to put it mildly!) who could not make it. Of course, being sympathetic I left them and went to Turneffe. Unforeseen circumstances are, well, unforeseeable smile

Anyway, we dived with Chuck and Robbie some years ago (with ADM) and then they set up on their own so we'll give them a go. I know the Turneffe and Blue Hole Trips are still through ADM - but if I go then it will be a single trip as opposed to two weeks of multiple people diving.

I don't want to come across as whining - The dive masters, boat drivers etc. at ADM are great, we've dived with them all over the years, but the guy heading it up now seems to be a dick. He only really came to the fore a few years ago, maybe 4. Before then we never saw him and never had an issue. Got treated very well by the girls in the office and never had a billing issue. Oh well...

Thanks for the response anyway.

Last edited by apache1048; 12/15/12 05:43 PM.
The guy running the place is the owner. Longstory short, his ex-wife used to manage the front end, but yeah, now they are exes and she's working elsewhere. As you know, you'll very much enjoy diving at Rob bie's shop.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 262 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.