Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#45390 - 11/08/01 12:38 AM Barefoot Water Sports Diving = A++++
jkdiver Offline
I was on AC from October 21 - 27 and went diving 4 day, all of them with Barefoot. Their customer service is the best I have experienced on a dive trip. Mike and Dawn are the best. They were ALWAYS on time for the pick-up. We left out gear with them all week. They rinsed & dried it at the end of every day. The gear was always set up for us when we were picked up in the morning. Everyone who works there was fantastic.
All of their boats have Rear entry/exit platforms. You can do a giant stride entry, or just sit on the platform and roll into the water. And just walk up the ladder back into the boat when the dive is over.
I have been diving for about 10 years, but was a little nervous this time because I had a bad experience last year while on another trip. I had gotten caught in a strong current. Anyway, I am not nervous any more. I dove with Carlos (divemaster) all week, and also Mike (Owner). They are not "speed" divers. This was the most relaxing diving I have ever done. Carlos was always finding great things for us to see. We were always listening for him to bang on his tank, and came over to see what he had found. We saw Eagle rays most every dive, turtles, small critters and big ones too.

On the day long trips, there was always good food and company. The bigger boats that Barefoot has makes the crossings more comefortable. You can be out in the sun, or stay inside under the shade. The "day trip boats" all have heads, which makes it easier on us all.

For local dives, they would go out with a minimum of 2 people. They never pack the dive boats, so you do not feel like sardines. We were never rushed.

I have to say that diving with Carlos, Mike and Barefoot has made diving FUN again. I was on the verge of giving it up, but not any more. I will definitely come down there again to dive with them.

As I said, A++++ in my book!!

JK

Also, if the weather is too nasty, and they have to cancel...they do not charge you for the dive. I know that some dive groups will go out in all kinds of weather, but not these guys. We had a couple of days cancelled due to weather and Dawn helped us set up some other tours. As I said above, it was the greatest customer service I have experienced in a long time! Thanks Dawn, Mike, Carlos, Junior, and everyone!

JK

The night dive was nice and relaxed too. There were just the 3 of us diving, it is a shallow dive that lasted 70 minutes!

#45391 - 11/09/01 02:00 PM Re: Barefoot Water Sports Diving = A++++
barefoot Offline
Thanks JK,

Can't wait to see you again in May or June. We will find those Whale sharks if it takes us all 10 days!!! lol

Dawn

#45392 - 11/16/01 11:36 PM Re: Barefoot Water Sports Diving = A++++
jkdiver Offline

#45393 - 11/19/01 05:58 PM Re: Barefoot Water Sports Diving = A++++
Willy Offline
I would agree, thumbs up on Barefoot. Helpful with the little things, honest, and definitely put safety first. Good big boats too. I have no experience with the others on Ambergris.......so not to say the others aren't just as good.

#45394 - 11/23/01 09:03 PM Re: Barefoot Water Sports Diving = A++++
diveron Offline
I couldn't agree more! My wife and I have always had a great time diving with Barefoot. The new boats are awesome. We went to the Blue hole on the Barefoot Express ( a 43' wide beam boat that is very stable and pretty fast too)needless to say the diving was fantastic.The briefing was given by Divemaster Carlos, he was thorough and very safety oriented. Very slow, very relaxed diving. We had a divemaster leading the dive, a divemaster at the back of the group, and an Instructor below and to the middle of the group. Did we feel safe? You bet! The wall dives after the Blue Hole are amazing.They provided breakfast, snacks, and a great lunch at Halfmoon Caye. On the way back they even had a keg of Beliken. If you are going to the Blue Hole this is the boat you want to be on. We also took a really cool trip up north near Ixchalat Mexico and Basil Jones. It was a combination deep sea fishing and three tanks. Beg them to take you on this trip!!! I know its very dependent on the weather, but if you get a chance don't miss it. Hardly anyone dives there and the reef is in great shape. Turneffe Elbow is also awesome! We didn't get a chance to do any overnite diving on the 53' boat this trip but we did get a tour of the boat. I can't wait till May for the Whale Shark trips.

Ron

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 30 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,064 Topics
462,323 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.