Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
E
ExOkie Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Yes I'm one of them. He's the reason I came down in the first place but not why I keep coming back. Like one of his songs says "They say your heart never leaves, once you've been down to Belize".

That being said when I first came down and following this board 6 years ago the name Jerry Jeff Walker didn't sit too well with the regulars on here. This is the first place I heard the term "Walker Stalker" used. It sounded to me like most considered us a bunch of drunk cowboy hat wearing hicks paying too much to come see a has-been CW crooner who has a house on the island.

So what do you think of the Camp Belize horde that's about to descend on Ambergris Caye?

God Bless The Reef!
S
S
A great bunch! And Jerry is a good guy and fine neighbor....

P
P
I think you will find the JJW crowd are very welcome and popular, as it's a long standing event that generates a lot of new and return visitors for the island. The only rumblings I have ever heard is of how the organisers try to control the money/income for the side trips events etc.

If that's your sort of music and you get a stay in the Tropics and you can afford it why not. I always have a bit of a laugh at the competing US State flags that crop up on balconies when JJW crowd are in too.

The gang is always welcome. Walker Stalker isn't a derogatory term - in fact I think many folks wish they could join in but simply can't for one reason or another.

Jerry Jeff holds some wonderful concerts and always find the time and energy to play a few impromptu songs in obscure places and of course he is always pleased to help with a fundraiser.

Jerry Jeff has a home here and we are pleased to call him our neighbour. His fan club is a welcome addition to the many characters we greet each year.

WELCOME HOME TO BELIZE !!!!!

E
E
I must disagree with Amanda's comment, "Always will do a charity benefit" (paraphrasing) When we were raising funds for the San Pedro Social Club, I called JJW and ask him to do a benefit at Lake Conroe Tx. His reply was , sure , for $15,000. My response was "Its a non profit benefit for San Pedro schools and children.
JJW's response was "Its still $15,000". My response was "You aint that good"

OMG the world must really be ending, maybe later than we thought, because I have to agree with Ernie as that is the truth & I was involved. Merry Christmas to all and Happy 2013.

A
A
We had so much fun with them last year and look forward to their return this year. What a great crowd.

Great food + good company = great times, come join us at
Average Joe's Bar
www.facebook.com/ajsbelize
E
ExOkie Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Ernie and WJ I'm sure that happened. Jerry Jeff isn't the nicest guy but we do a silent auction every year of a quilt or Dale Wallace guitar, or something that goes to charities on the island like SAGA. The guitar last year brought in over $2000. Not to justify his actions, just saying he has done some good things for the island over the years.

I was wondering more about the attendees and I like what I'm seeing. I'm a little embarrassed sometimes at the attitudes and actions of some of the first-timers also. They usually are also one-timers and when over 200 people converge on the island over 2 weeks there's bound to be a few bad apples.

I like what Phil said. All of my friends have been coming back every year for at least 5 years. Some for 25 years. Some even have bought homes on the island and winter there. Like many of us say, Jerry Jeff got us there but we'd all come back if he never held another concert. Heck we can make our own music!

Thanks everyone and I'll see you next month! Probably at Estel's!

God Bless The Reef!
U
U
Just saw JJ playing a free show at Zilker Park in Austin, TX.

He sounded great, and had a great band too!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 107 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.