Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#45424 11/10/01 07:16 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Greetings from Belize!

I have passed my one month point in my year in Belize and thought I would post an update. I have met many of you from the message board in my short time in Belize and it seemed like people were wondering how it was going etc. It is going great!

*I am very busy though! I am working two jobs and volunteering for SAGA. This keeps me very busy..but I have made some great friends whom I enjoy going out with.

*I found a relatively inexpensive apartment without any trouble. The paper was no help..word of mouth all the way.

*I am no longer a vegetarian. That lasted about one week. As a tourist, it is easier..but living here on local wages means a lot less options for food. Although my meat intake is limited..it is a big change.

*Gossip! I was warned and had seen it visiting..but wasn't quite prepared. Moving here as a youngish single woman has proven interesting in this realm. If only my life was as exciting as they say it is!

*Nicest, most helpful people. From day one, people have been kind and helpful with everything from where to buy groceries to finding an apartment to inviting me along on activities.

So thats me. Still being bitten by the bugs. Still drinking too much Rum. And still eager to meet all of you out there. Stop by Fido's on Fri/Sat/Mon nights and say hi.

Jen

#45425 11/10/01 07:31 PM
Hi Jen, thanks for taking time to update us on your new life. Sounds like you are doing just great. I will be at Fido's often during the last weeks of December, and will surely say Hi to you. It will be great to meet you, hope you will feel the same after meeting my troops.

Dare To Deviate
#45426 11/11/01 02:47 AM
D
D
Too much rum ??? Please......

ahhh the problems in Belize , Get certified ASAP Jen, it's a whole other world and with your background...you will be more apt to appreciate than most!!! See you soon!

Ron

#45427 11/11/01 03:46 AM
Hey Jen, It was good to met you this trip, sorry it was on our last night there.... And you did'nt get to spend time with Cheri...
We'll see you on the next one during easter!!!!! Tell Trevor we say hello!!!! Glad you all are getting to know each other, he is a great guy and a very good friend of ours.. Let us know if you need anything, and tell Bron thanks for everything.. We'll see you all soon... Rick and Cheri

#45428 11/11/01 10:19 AM
Glad you posted Jen. I was wondering if you took the plunge. Stop in and say HI, I live beachfront, 1st floor, between The Palms and The Belizean Reef. I dont get out much, too busy, but I do hit Fido's on Monday nights sometimes to tell my 1 joke that I know, and I go to the Hideaway for chicken fried steak from time to time.

My daughter and I got the art gallery open on Caye Caulker and she spends 5 days a week there, I go over 2 days. Any more than that and it would seem too much like WORK!

Enjoy your stay in paradise! And my mantra is "no regregrets".
--Silk www.caribbean-colors.com

#45429 11/12/01 01:02 AM
McJennifer - Hope to run in to you. We will be down next Sunday the 18th thru the 24th. We are staying at the Blue Tang and will be found most evenings at BC's or checking out one of Skinny's shows. If we don't run into you there maybe we will see you at Bronwen's clinic as we have stuff to drop off for Saga.
Hope to see you soon and amke a new acquaintence.

Robert and Laura Edwards

#45430 11/12/01 11:50 AM
M
M
Jen --

Splendid! Hope to see you when we come down in late January. Maybe we can get some tips on living there.

Silkpainter --

Maybe we can check out your stuff for some pictures for our place. We'll send our friend Terry Assael over to Caye Caulker for a look when she's down there setting things up in late November.

Mike Ryan

#45431 11/12/01 10:14 PM
RobertE, I'd very much appreciate you telling us about the Blue Tang Inn upon your return. I have stayed there twice before when it was Rock's. And I'm sure I'd like to stay there again for it's location and the rooms. However, I'm wondering if the service is the same or better. A big part of the reason I liked staying there was because of Salena and I know she had planned on leaving the resort.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#45432 11/13/01 12:52 PM
L
L
Glad to hear you are loving it. Just returned from Mexico. Nothing beats A.C. Had a great time, but kept saying to myself that A.C. is so much better. Looking forward to coming back there in May, 2002!

#45433 11/13/01 12:58 PM
Hey Jen,
Glad to hear yer still alive an' kickin'! Drink some rum fer me!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 269 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.