Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#454308 12/29/12 11:52 AM
R
Rzab Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Watching snow fall on a gray day. Pretty, but DARK. Haven't been to CC since 2000, but longing to go soon.

Anyway, I was looking online at some CC maps, but couldn't locate TreeTops on any of them. Maybe the names changed, but I remember Front Street, Center? and Back Street. Of course, also remember Water Taxi, Frenchies, the Split. So, using those as reference points, can anyone tell me where it is? I even checked out their website -- very nice, but still didn't spot it on map.
I loved CC because it was S-L-O-W and friendly. Don't want a luxury place because 1) can't afford it, but most importantly, 2) as someone wrote, "Luxury travel misses the point." I really believe this. Would like a place that's clean and friendly and safe, but could care less about stuff like television. Maybe sort of in the middle? Any ideas about which hotels,rooms, etc. are kinda in the middle?
One thing more. Just wanted to say that I sailed with Juni on his sailboat TRINITY. Amazing.
Snow is really coming down!

Adding this: By "in the middle" I meant not luxury, not dump middle. Wasn't referring to the middle of the island.
Thanks for any suggestions.
Cynthia Rzab

Last edited by Rzab; 12/29/12 12:33 PM. Reason: clarify

what now?
Rzab #454312 12/29/12 01:44 PM
I PMd you but didn't tell you where Doris & treetops was - just one back from beach behind tropical paradise at the end of front st.

Otherwise, try Caye Caulker accommodations or Caye Caulker rentals for lovely cabanas which are very "caye caulker" and the property managers do make sure they are as you would wish, clean, friendly & safe.

Juni is still running trips too - still opposite the basket ball court on front st.

we moved from CC to SP in 2010, and have just relocated our business to Placencia. We sure miss CC island and friends, and friends from SP.
anna

Mathieu's Delicatessen

Gunter the original & best.... baker, chef: breads, breakfast, lunch, FOOD!
MathieusDeli #454314 12/29/12 03:37 PM
R
Rzab Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Thanks! I checked out both sites you mentioned --- they look great. Sorry you moved, as I'd stop by to say hello.

what now?
Rzab #454315 12/29/12 05:16 PM
M
M
I have stayed here:

http://colindacabanas.com/index.html

Colin and Linda have done a nice job renovating the place while maintaining reasonable rates. They have a variety of cabanas to choose from located on the beach just before Ignacio's cabins

Rzab #454317 12/29/12 10:19 PM
C
C
You can contact Doris at Treetops thru her website:
http://www.treetopsbelize.com
Her guesthouse is still as clean and lovely as ever.

MikeD #454330 12/30/12 10:04 AM
R
Rzab Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Thank you SO much! I checked out Colinda cabanas -- they look so inviting. IN fact, I spent a couple of hours yesterday looking online at all kinds of Caye Caulker photos, rentals, and so on. It got me through a dark winter day. Now I just have to get some plans together for a "real" visit.
Cynthia

what now?

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 289 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day