Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
mawags Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Want to do a fun day trip that includes a trip over to Caye Caulker. I have heard that the Rum Punch II is fun because it includes some snorkling. Any other ideas????? Thanks

That does sound fun, but you can also take the water taxi over on your own, walk around see the town, have a couple of Belikin or whatever at the Lazy Lizard at the split and do some swimming there. Lovely fun spot. Then take a late afternoon water taxi back to San Pedro.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Rum Punch is a fantastic boat - a piece of Belize that you can't experience any other way - George is fantastic too. You'll get to sail, snorkel at Hol Chan or other wonderful places and then have a lovely time on CC as well.
This beats the water-taxi option by about 1000 %.
Enjoy!

We're partial to the Lady Leslie. Snorkeling on the way over on the large and gorgeous catamaran with Captain Martin Leslie and his son Jody, then they let you out for a few hours to enjoy Caye Caulker for lunchtime and exploring, then take you back to San Pedro. On the way back you get rum punch, panty rippas, great munchies (often sushi or ceviche made right on board with fish they've caught that day!)

It's not as inexpensive as the water taxi option but is a blast, and I think everyone should do it once! We went on our very first trip to AC in May 2010 and then were lucky enough to be invited to go again last year for some friends' 50th birthday party.

The Leslies are such a nice San Pedro family! Jody's sister Jessie cuts my hair at Leslie's Salon just north of the circle in town. Can't say enough good about these folks!

Emily

Last edited by BeBelize; 01/11/13 11:39 PM. Reason: typo

Former Belize expat traveling the USA & Mexico
http://travelingtwosome.weebly.com
I agree with Emily.

D
D
Deb and I took the water taxi to Caye Calker twice and spent most of our day snorkeling, drinking, eating and relaxing at the Lazy Lizard by the split. We also listened to some great local artists sing at a bar right by the water taxi pier. We are coming back to San Pedro in March and plan to hit Caye Calker at least once. Dawg

The harder I work the luckier I get.
J
J
I've found that the snorkel trips with a stop on Caye Caulker don't give me enough time on Caulker.

I guess it depends on your priorities, snorkeling or hanging on Caulker.

Originally Posted by JeanH
I've found that the snorkel trips with a stop on Caye Caulker don't give me enough time on Caulker.

I guess it depends on your priorities, snorkeling or hanging on Caulker.

Very true!

I think the Lady Leslie trip gives you around 2.5 hours on Caye Caulker. That's enough time to eat lunch, have a couple of drinks, walk around some, and do a little shopping (there are several nice art galleries, all small). But if you want to hang at the split, sunbathe, spend all afternoon at the Lazy Lizard, you'd be better off with the ferry option and saving the snorkeling for another day.

All depends on what you're looking for. We're not sunbathers so like the snorkeling trips best.

Former Belize expat traveling the USA & Mexico
http://travelingtwosome.weebly.com
P
P
I think it's best seen when not sober.

M
mawags Offline OP
OP Offline
M
LOL!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.