Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#455272 01/15/13 10:36 AM
H
Hoover Offline OP
OP Offline
H
I,m a construction worker that will be visiting San Pedro soon. I wake up at 5am by habit, and wonder if anything is going on at that time of day there. My wife has the ability to sleep in until 8 or 9, so I'll have a few hours to kill. Can I rent fishing gear and fish off a pier? Is there any bars open then?

Start your day by catching the always-beautiful sunrise. That is what I do when I visit San Pedro.

A hug is the shortest distance between friends. ~ Author Unknown
There aren't any bars open then but the coffee shops begin to open around 5:30 - 6am. The fisherman have usually long gone by 5 and start returning around 6am - that is fun to watch, they come in and clean their catch and are sold our within a couple of hours. Yes you can typically fish off a pier. You can buy basic gear at Captain Sharks or most hardware stores have drop lines, weights and hooks.

Sunrise is at about 5:30 - that alone is worth getting up for.
You can hire a guide to take you fishing and he will provide all the gear and the best fishing of your life.
OR - you can bring your own gear and wade into the very shallow sea or lagoon or fish from a pier.
Did you really mean "bar" at that time in the morning? There are many wonderful places for early morning coffee and eats. Ruby's I think opens earlier than the rest. Their fry-jacks and Johnny cakes go fast and they also have some gringo type pastries. The orange juice is icy cold.
My two favorite breakfast places are Estelle's by the Sea and George's Kitchen. They are both closed on Tuesdays.
WELCOME

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Originally Posted by ScubaLdy
My two favorite breakfast places are Estelle's by the Sea and George's Kitchen. They are both closed on Tuesdays.
WELCOME
I agree. Estelle's has the best Bloody Mary's on the island. IMO.

A hug is the shortest distance between friends. ~ Author Unknown
H
Hoover Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Thanks for the good advice. Us simple folk are easy to please, and a cold beer and a fishing pole can keep me happy at any time of day. An early morning guided fishing trip sounds like fun, and I'll check into the times available. I don't want to leave my wife in the dust for too long, but a 5-9 slot would be perfect.

K
K
I love it that you're looking for a bar at 5:30 in the morning!! Never to early for a "barley pop", huh?

You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!

M
M
Brilliant!

K
K
I have a feeling I'm really gonna like San Pedro... sounds like my kind of place.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 314 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.