Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#45554 - 11/17/01 12:32 AM Diving
Fred F Offline
Has anyone been diving with either Hustler Tours or Amigos Del Mar? We are planning a few local dives, one night dive and a trip to Lighthouse. Should we use one of them, if so which one?

#45555 - 11/17/01 12:38 AM Re: Diving
Lan Sluder/Belize First Offline
There are many good dive shops on the island, but over the years I have heard Amigos del Mar recommended by more divers than any other operation.

--Lan Sluder
Belize First http://www.belizefirst.com/

#45556 - 11/17/01 01:11 AM Re: Diving
RobertE Offline
Used Hustler before and using them again next week. E-mail them and tell Heather that Robert from Colorado sent you. They have good packages with hotels/diving included as as well.

#45557 - 11/17/01 04:33 AM Re: Diving
seashell Offline
Amigos is great!! My favorite DM is Tony. But Alex and Marciano are very good too.

#45558 - 11/26/01 07:28 AM Re: Diving
Florian Offline
I spent a week diving with Amigos Del Mar and enjoyed it very much. In particular, Tony is a master of his craft.

Barefoot Watersports enjoys a very fine reputation and I think they have receintly brought in a new boat or two (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Gaz Cooper is a role model divemaster/instructor. I should be so good.

Enjoy, my friend. Belize has some truely outstanding diving to offer.

#45559 - 11/26/01 07:11 PM Re: Diving
tropicalfan Offline
We dove the bluehole and light house caye with Amigos. They were wonderful..although 11 divers on the boat. <sigh> I love small groups. We did many days of diving with Justin from Belize Adventures. It is across from the "seven seas" condo. Often it was just the two of us with Justin. Now that was heaven!

#45560 - 11/26/01 09:57 PM Re: Diving
dietdew Offline
We dove with Amigos del mar. Tony was our divemaster. Best divemaster we ever had. Did everything possible to make the dive safe and enjoyable for everyone. Took really good care of us.

#45561 - 11/29/01 07:21 PM Re: Diving
aqtpie2 Offline
Dove with Amigos - Great Outfit they have there! Also dove with Barefoot this past Nov. Despite the rough seas and a little heaving through the reg... Had a great dive. Barefoot did buy 2 boats. I believe they bought the Blue Hole's boats, real big one and a smaller one. great people there! Highly reccommend!

#45562 - 11/29/01 08:44 PM Re: Diving
jkdiver Offline
I also dove with Barefoot Water Sports/Diving. The service was fantastic and their Dive Master - Carlos - was very thorough in his briefings. Very safety minday. Due to a bad experience on a previous dive trip, I was pretty nervous my first dive out with Barefoot. But they put me right as ease. They made diving fun for me again. There were always 2 dive masters in the water with us. One in front and one in back.

The boats were also great. I did not get to go on the Blue Hole trip, due to bad weather. But I also heard good things about that boat. Will definitely dive with them next time.

I did leave a review of them in this bulletin board.

JK

#45563 - 12/02/01 07:57 PM Re: Diving
diveron Offline
I would also reccomend Barefoot. They have the nicest fleet of dive boats on the island and the staff is fantastic. You will only set up your gear on the first dive (so they can see if you know how) after that they take care of everything. You can even store your gear with them, I always do and have never had a problem.Have fun and Dive safe!

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 45 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,027 Topics
462,224 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.