Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#455730 - 01/20/13 08:29 AM Rebecca Stirm Fashion Show
Marty Offline

Rebecca Stirm's Fashion Show is only a week away. January 26th, at 6:30pm at the Princess Hotel in BC. Here's the audio for the commercial.

On January 26th, Mission Catwalk finalist/Belizean Womenswear Designer Rebecca Stirm will be releasing her new Autumn/Winter 2013 Collection on the runway!

The runway show will feature:

Rebecca Stirm's new collection of ready-to-wear separates, cocktail dresses, and luxurious evening gowns, paired with Belizean Jewelry Designer Khadija Assales' [Caribbean Fashion Week- 2012] NEW collection of handcrafted jewelry.

Worn by - Belize's Miss World 2012 Contestant - Chantae Guy, Queen of the Jewel/Miss Ethnic World [2012-2013] Destinee Arnold, and eleven other trained runway models.

Experience an evening of elegant and luxurious fashion - up close with our * Platinum [Runway Seating] $60 BZ

Gold Seating --------------- $50 BZ
Silver ----------------------- $35 BZ
Bronze (General)----------- $25 BZ

Seating at 6:30 PM

More info....

#456285 - 01/25/13 09:13 AM Re: Rebecca Stirm Fashion Show [Re: Marty]
Marty Offline

Fashion designer Rebecca Stirm will be showing her new collection on Saturday night

19 year old Belizean fashion designer Rebecca Stirm will be showing her new collection on the runway this Saturday night January 26th at the Princess Hotel in the Kings Room.  
Rebecca made Belize proud in last year’s Mission Catwalk design competition in Jamaica, winning more competition rounds than any other contestant and reaching to the Finals as well as presenting a clothing line at Caribbean Fashion Week. It's her first show since Mission Catwalk and today Plus news sat down with Stirm who told us about the show and herself as a designer.

I'm a Belizean clothing designer.  I recently competed in Mission Catwalk in Jamaica, and I am back her in Belize doing a show with a new collection, here in my home country. I've been drawing and painting and sewing ever since I was a little kid, but not until about 4 or 5 years I actually started designing clothes.  For me it's mostly bringing together Belizean artists that are in fashion, to show our work.  We've got a great team of sponsors, and volunteers are working together with me on this project.  It's a big project.  It's been probably just as stressful for everyone as it has been for me. It's exciting and I'm excited for it to happen,  I'm excited for everyone to see it.  It's going to be worth it.

The purpose of the Runway Show is to elevate & promote fashion and Belizean beauty, to show Rebecca’s new collection of gowns, cocktail dresses, and ready-to-wear separates. The models include Miss Belize World Chantae Guy, Miss Belize & Miss Ethnic World - Destinee Arnold and eleven other trained Belizean young women, showcasing the new line.  

My previous two shows were before all the Mission Catwalk drama, and publicity and stuff. Now that I'm back after all of that, I'm doing a little bit of a larger show than what I have done before. This show is showing off my new 26-piece collection.  It's an African-inspired collection, and what you basically will be seeing at the show is 13 trained models on the runway, wearing the new collection.
We'll have order forms at the back, at my resource table.  If you see something and you like it, fill out an order form, and I'll keep in contact, and we'll get it made for you.  Our frint row and our second row are officially sold out, so we have our silver and our bronze tickets still available. Those are our last two rows of seating, and those are available at Eye Candy in Belize City, Formosa in Belmopan, and Greedy's Pizzeria in Cayo. 

Front Row Platinum tickets sold out in days, so fashion followers need to get their tickets quickly. Remaining Silver ($35), and Bronze ($25), are available at Eye Candy on Barrack Rd. in Belize City, Formosa Café in Belmopan, and Mr Greedy’s Pizzeria in San Ignacio. Tickets will be sold up until 12noon on Saturday and only if tickets have not sold out will they be available at the door for an additional $10 dollars.

#456697 - 01/29/13 08:34 AM Re: Rebecca Stirm Fashion Show [Re: Marty]
Marty Offline

Rebecca Storms the Fashion World

While the football team got a motorcade, another Belizean who is getting major love from the public is the young fashion designer, Rebecca Stirm.

Viewers may remember that Stirm wowed the Caribbean Community with her talent for design by placing 3rd in season 2 of Jamaica's fashion designing reality TV series, Mission Catwalk.

And while she gave an admirable showing on the international scene, she is now being embraced by her Belizean fans. On Saturday night, her first Runway Show was held at the Princess Hotel.

7News attended what turned out to be a glamorous evening. Here's what Stirm told us about surprise of the overwhelming success:

Daniel Ortiz reporting
The Kings Room was packed on Saturday night, filled to capacity with socialites and local VIP's who waited in anticipation for the Rebecca Stirm Fashion Show.?

And, with more than 4 months in the making, she delivered.

Her collection included a wide array ofoutfits, including evening, business, classy, trendy, and casual wears, all incorporated into her overall theme, and all her own original designs.

Rebecca Stirm - Designer
"The theme of my collection is "The greatest beauty is hidden," the precious metals and jewels inspired by those, so the greatest beauty is hidden - its hidden underneath the earth."

Stirm was hoping to get a positive response from the Belizean public, but she was overwhelmed by the overall support for her fashion show.

Rebecca Stirm - Designer
"It was great, I was so surprise I got a full house - all the tickets were sold out and we had more people. It was wonderful for me to get that kind of response from the Belizean people. That was so exciting."

Melonie Gillett - Performing Artist
"The audience was very interactive, they were clapping - they made you feel really good about what you are doing. I think they really appreciate such a sophisticated event."

According to Stirm, the show's turnout is a reflection of her product's success in Belize.

Rebecca Stirm - Designer
"It's been really good. I've had people on a waiting list for quite a while for pieces. I am still producing all of my pieces on my own and so once I start producing on a larger scale things will go faster but the response has been great. I got a good amount of clientele that are very loyal."

That success also comes because according to her peers, she is very amiable person, who's planning and organizational skills are world-class:

Melonie Gillett - Performing Artist
"Definitely it was an amazing show. This is one of a few fashion shows that has actually taken place in Belize and it definitely is on another level for Belize. I not only partake as a model, but first and foremost I performed as a singer tonight. Doing both of them I can say from both angles it was very professional and very easy to work with Rebecca."

Jackie Castillo - Performing Artist
"Our fashion industry in Belize is taking off and its doing wonderful. I applauded her for that and I think she represented Belize very well when she went to the Caribbean. Its high time that we have our own Belizean fashion designers."

And while Belize is no fashion Mecca, rather than hinder her career, it has helped to boost it because she is actively carving out her own niche.

Rebecca Stirm - Designer
"Because of the lack of the fashion industry here people are so responsive because they are hungry for it. We want fashion, we want to look fabulous, so of course there is this hunger and you just want to eat it up when you find it. It hasn't been all just a hindrance; in fact it's been a booster for me because people are so ready for it."

Andy Lin - Show Organizer
"It's not just Rebecca, I think whoever has the talent that is willing to try there is always a market for them."

The main purpose of the show was to raise funds for Stirm to continue her training at the London College of Fashion.

Channel 7

#456705 - 01/29/13 09:19 AM Re: Rebecca Stirm Fashion Show [Re: Marty]
Marty Offline

Runway Release 2013 Pictures

Demian Solano was at Rebecca Stirm's Autumn/Winter fashion show, and he captured some amazing pictures. He's posted a few, including a couple that have the 2 Miss Belizes, Destinee Arnold and Chantae Guy. Many more to come....

#457006 - 02/01/13 07:53 AM Re: Rebecca Stirm Fashion Show [Re: Marty]
Marty Offline

Profile Of A Fashionista With Humble Beginnings

On Monday, we showed you Rebecca Stirm's breakout fashion show which happened on Saturday at the Princess. Seeing her stylish designs, you might think that she's been to the fashion capitals of New York and Paris. But actually Rebecca grew up without cable or internet - and more than that, she was home schooled. And that's where her talent came from: finding things to do other than watching TV all day - and from having to sew her own cool clothes. It's a quite incredible story - and she shares it in tonight's I am Belize profile

Channel 7

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lil’ Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 43 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,633 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,706 Topics
461,226 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.