Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#45663 - 11/20/01 10:31 PM Trip and of course Wedding!
ybon Offline
Wow, what a great time We had! We arrived around 6pm to Casa Tortuga on the 8th. Maria had made us a fabulous dinner and tropical drinks then we headed straight into town on our golf cart (those are so fun). That is when I ran into Scrivic aka Tammy! We walked into Jambel and there was a group of people and girls doing shots at the bar, That is when I saw tammy, having a great time I might add. She talked me into doing some kind of shot with her but she didn't tell me what it was. I sucked it down like any good girl would do, yuck is all I can say! I still am not sure what she had me drink but it was all brown and I think they said it was made from seaweed! I'll get you sometime tammy! Any way a couple more drinks and alittle dancing and we were ready for bed.
Next day was kinda just mellow, checked out the local sights and caught some sun, ate alot! Maria fed us 3 meals a day! About 8:30pm we went down to Fido's, Barefoot skinny was playing and we had a blast, lot's of people were there and we did some dancing. We then went to the Barefoot Iguana where I was told as we entered it was chipendale dancers night. Well, I must say I was intrigued. Then I saw the dancers, please! These were are not chippendale dancers! I had a great laugh!
Next day we had more family come in so it was very busy! Jason went on a snorkle adventure and me and some family laid in the sun reading. I realize i should have gone to snorkle but I was just enjoying just not working! That night we went again to Fido's
then back to the Iguana for mud wrestling, we where to early so we went to the Hideaway where there was a marine reunion. My friend who was very drunk made friend quickly, I had to drag her out of the bar! This was also the night we made friends with a dog we called El Protector. He's a brown dog with a big white area around his neck. He is know around the island because he likes to chase people on bikes! He followed us for 3 days, Great dog!
We went to Altun Ha and Maruba on sunday, It was a great trip and a great massage! Our guide was a guy named Carlos who does alot of tour from Casa Tortuga. I learned alot and was really glad i went. Didn't do alot of drinking that night, wedding was in 24 hours!
Wedding Day! 8:00am Started crying and didn't stop till after the ceremony! It was very beautiful, sun in the background, friends and family everywhere. I wouldn't have had it happen any other way! Why pay so much for a hotel reception when you can do what I did, sit on the beach, walk in the sand and be just as happy! Everyone should do this!
Spent one more day on the island just doing my own thing, Jason went fishing, I know it sound boring but I really just needed a break, you know no work. we left the island to go to San Ignacio on Wed. That was a new adventure and the best part of the whole trip! I guess that should go under other parts of belize! I do just want to say a couple of thank you's. One to Jennifer for putting up with my pain in the ass friends! It was great to meet you and I wish you all the luck in the world! I also want to say Hi to Wendy, It was nice to meet you! I'm glad you intoduced your self and jason thought you were very sweet also. The Boys had a great time a Ruby's! See you next time. Thanks to all of you on this board that helped me plan my trip and my wedding, If I wouldn't have found you all I think I would have been very lost. I will still keep an eye on this board, we do plan on visiting again to belize. I do recomend Casa Tortuga to anyone, Maria was sooo wonderful!!!

#45664 - 11/20/01 11:39 PM Re: Trip and of course Wedding!
Nicki Offline
I am so glad everything went well. Make sure and post some of the pictures so that we can see your wedding!

#45665 - 11/21/01 12:14 AM Re: Trip and of course Wedding!
KC Offline
Ybon, My goodness! Don't apologize for going to the island and DOING NOTHING!!! Just keep thinking...... next time.

Kathy

#45666 - 11/21/01 01:24 AM Re: Trip and of course Wedding!
lmarquis Offline
Great report. Loved the comment about the dog. We had a dog that followed us for about a week. Also very protective, but a great guy all around. As my friend said, he just needed a little understanding (and food!)

#45667 - 11/26/01 08:17 AM Re: Trip and of course Wedding!
Jackson&Shauna Offline
Hello Ybon. Sounds like you had a wonderful wedding. That's what we want too, but I'm getting really stressed out. Are getting married on Ambergris Caye in March (I've posted a new topic) and was wondering who did your planning? Any comments would really be appreciated, because we want something simple, on the beach, and then we'll go and take our party of 20 to a restaurant afterwards. Thanks so much.

#45668 - 11/26/01 04:30 PM Re: Trip and of course Wedding!
ybon Offline
We went with Iraida with Travel and tour belize even though we never met her (she was sick) Suzanna did a wonderful job. You can find alot of information under the wedding section. The will answer you very quickly if you e-mail. Have a wonderful time planning and Have a great wedding! We are so happy we did it the way we did, I wouldn't change it for the world!

#45669 - 11/26/01 07:18 PM Re: Trip and of course Wedding!
Turnbun Offline
Don't you wonder why in the world anyone would want a big formal wedding??? I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself and that everything went well. Post pictures!!!
JacksonandShauna:
I used Iraida as well. She was wonderful! her website is BelizeWeddings.com
DON'T stress! I promise, it's such a piece of cake. You can take care of just about everything once you get to the island in about an hour. Relax and enjoy your engagment knowing you don't have to meet with caterers and stuffy snotty wedding planners!!

#45670 - 11/26/01 08:55 PM Re: Trip and of course Wedding!
SCRIVIC Offline
I have a picture of the stuff we drank for a shot! It looks like seaweed, barbwire and some string. Surprisingly enough, when Fitz poured it, the liquid was as clear as the day is long. Ybon, I am going to have to send you those pictures! They are hilarious! I have the before shot pictures, during shot pictures and after shot pictures! They are just great! And in all of the pictures you can see Jason all smiling away!

#45671 - 11/27/01 11:13 PM Re: Trip and of course Wedding!
Turnbun Offline
OK, hurry up and post your San Ignacio report!!! I'm dying to read it and compare notes to our trip to Cayo. We loved San Ignacio as well. Such a sweet little town and the surrounding land was amazing!!

#45672 - 11/28/01 08:25 PM Re: Trip and of course Wedding!
ybon Offline
Okay, finally had time to post second part of trip, look under Other parts of belize.
I was much more active!

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
3 registered (RedRover, IGAmel, 1 invisible), 74 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,036 Topics
462,242 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.