Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#456675 - 01/29/13 07:24 AM Our Lady of Fatima Statue Coming to San Pedro
Marty Offline

The statue of Our Lady of Fatima will be arriving in San Pedro on Monday, February 11, 2013, at 4:00 p.m., everyone is invited to welcome the statue at the John Greif II Airport. The statue will be taken to the San Pedro RC Church for the official coronation to take place at 4:15p.m. At 5:00p.m. a rosary for Our Lady of Fatima will take place, at 6:00 p.m. a mass followed by a candle light procession through the main streets of San Pedro. On Tuesday, February 12, 2013, a boat procession and boat blessing will take place at 7:15 a.m. after which the statue leaves the island.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos in the Ambergris Today

#457347 - 02/06/13 08:19 AM Re: Our Lady of Fatima Statue Coming to San Pedro [Re: Marty]
Marty Offline

Our Lady of Fatima Reaches Belize

Peace. It is what everyone is asking for, in fact most will tell you these are dangerous times in Belize. And the establishment of peace throughout the world is one of the main themes of the message of Our Lady of Fatima, whose image was welcomed to Belize by faithful followers this morning at the Phillip Goldson International Airport. The Virgin is said to have appeared several times to three children, Lucia Dos Santos and her two cousins Jacinta and Francisco Marto, in Fatima Portugal in the year 1917. The virgin, according to the Roman Catholic Church, encouraged the children to do penance and confided in them three secrets now known as the Three Secrets of Fatima. In that same year it was claimed that the virgin promised a miracle so all non believers would finally believe.

It was a joyous welcome for the Our Lady of Fatima this morning when she arrived from El Salvador being carried by the group Heraldos del Evangelio or Heralds of the Gospel. Amongst those present to welcome the virgin was Patty Arceo, she says she has had her share of miracles and these surround her daughter who by the way is named Fatima.

And although this is a Roman Catholic church Initiative, Rodriguez says it is open to the entire nation.The statue of the virgin headed for Belmopan shortly after an official welcome and singing of hymns by the faithful who had gathered at the airport.

The image of Our lady of Fatima will be in Dangriga and Mango Creek on Wednesday, in Bella Vista and Punta Gorda on Thursday, in the San Martin and Salvapan area of Belmopan and San Ignacio on Friday, in San Jose Succotz, Benque and the Hattieville Prison on Saturday, coming back to Belize for the Mass at Divine Mercy. A procession from St. Martin’s Churth to the Holy Redeemer Cathedral where the Crowning and Marian Mass will occur takes place on Saturday. On that same day the image of the Virgin leaves to Corozal then to Orange Walk and San Pedro on Monday before departing from the Phillip Goldson International airport on Tuesday.

#457765 - 02/10/13 07:44 AM Re: Our Lady of Fatima Statue Coming to San Pedro [Re: Marty]
Marty Offline

Our Lady of Fatima to visit San Pedro on February 11th

Our Lady of Fatima was the name given to the Virgin Mary after multiple apparitions to three children in the village of Fatima in Portugal. In 1946 Our Lady of Fatima was crowned Queen of the world and statues in her image have been constructed ever since. The Pilgrimage Statues of Our Lady of Fatima have been to over 100 countries around the world. As Pope Pius XII said “In 1946 we crowned Our Lady of Fatima as Queen of the world, and the next year, through her pilgrimage, She set forth as though to claim her dominion, and the miracles She performs along the way are such that we can scarcely believe our eyes at what we are seeing.” Many claim that miracles occur upon her arrival to various locations. She is a revered saint across the world for Roman Catholics and there is no exception here in San Pedro Town.

On Monday February 11th, the second Pilgrimage of the Travelling Statue of Our Lady of Fatima to Belize will arrive in San Pedro Town. The statue is scheduled to arrive at 4:00 pm at the John Greif II airport. The general public is invited to witness the arrival of Our Lady of Fatima. The coronation of the statue will take place at the San Pedro Roman Catholic Church at 4:45 pm followed by a rosary. At 6:00pm there will be a mass honoring Our Lady of Fatima followed by a candle light procession along the main streets of San Pedro Town.

The event will continue onto Tuesday February 12th with a boat procession and blessing of the boats at 7:15 am. The Statue of Our Lady of Fatima is scheduled to leave immediately after the blessing. The Catholic community is especially invited to partake in the events and witness this annual holy moment.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos in the San Pedro Sun

#457869 - 02/12/13 07:51 AM Re: Our Lady of Fatima Statue Coming to San Pedro [Re: Marty]
Marty Offline

Corozal - Our Lady of Fatima as she was gracefully carried along the Bay in Corozal on Sunday February 10th, 2013. We cannot explain the green and red highlights appearing on the ground on the photo taken by the Editor. A special moment indeed. Here is hoping for true peace for all who live in Corozal.

(original text)

... This will entail my speaking about the secret, and thus answering the first question.

What is the secret? It seems to me that I can reveal it, since I already have permission from Heaven to do so. God's representatives on earth have authorized me to do this several times and in various letters, one of which, I believe, is in your keeping. This letter is from Father José Bernardo Gonçalves, and in it he advises me to write to the Holy Father, suggesting, among other things, that I should reveal the secret. I did say something about it. But in order not to make my letter too long, since I was told to keep it short, I confined myself to the essentials, leaving it to God to provide another more favourable opportunity.

In my second account I have already described in detail the doubt which tormented me from 13 June until 13 July, and how it disappeared completely during the Apparition on that day. Well, the secret is made up of three distinct parts, two of which I am now going to reveal.

The first part is the vision of hell.

Our Lady showed us a great sea of fire which seemed to be under the earth. Plunged in this fire were demons and souls in human form, like transparent burning embers, all blackened or burnished bronze, floating about in the conflagration, now raised into the air by the flames that issued from within themselves together with great clouds of smoke, now falling back on every side like sparks in a huge fire, without weight or equilibrium, and amid shrieks and groans of pain and despair, which horrified us and made us tremble with fear. The demons could be distinguished by their terrifying and repulsive likeness to frightful and unknown animals, all black and transparent. This vision lasted but an instant. How can we ever be grateful enough to our kind heavenly Mother, who had already prepared us by promising, in the first Apparition, to take us to heaven. Otherwise, I think we would have died of fear and terror.

We then looked up at Our Lady, who said to us so kindly and so sadly:

“You have seen hell where the souls of poor sinners go. To save them, God wishes to establish in the world devotion to my Immaculate Heart. If what I say to you is done, many souls will be saved and there will be peace. The war is going to end: but if people do not cease offending God, a worse one will break out during the Pontificate of Pius XI. When you see a night illumined by an unknown light, know that this is the great sign given you by God that he is about to punish the world for its crimes, by means of war, famine, and persecutions of the Church and of the Holy Father. To prevent this, I shall come to ask for the consecration of Russia to my Immaculate Heart, and the Communion of reparation on the First Saturdays. If my requests are heeded, Russia will be converted, and there will be peace; if not, she will spread her errors throughout the world, causing wars and persecutions of the Church. The good will be martyred; the Holy Father will have much to suffer; various nations will be annihilated. In the end, my Immaculate Heart will triumph. The Holy Father will consecrate Russia to me, and she shall be converted, and a period of peace will be granted to the world”.

In our prayers to our lady we ask for all the people of Corozal: Mother of the Church! Enlighten the People of God along the paths of faith, hope, and love! Enlighten especially the peoples whose consecration and entrustment by us you are awaiting. Help us to live in the truth of the consecration of Christ for the entire human family of the modern world.

In entrusting to you, O Mother, the world, all individuals and peoples, we also entrust to you this very consecration of the world, placing it in your motherly Heart.

Immaculate Heart! Help us to conquer the menace of evil, which so easily takes root in the hearts of the people of today, and whose immeasurable effects already weigh down upon our modern world and seem to block the paths towards the future!

From famine and war, deliver us.

From nuclear war, from incalculable self-destruction, from every kind of war, deliver us.

From sins against the life of man from its very beginning, deliver us.

From hatred and from the demeaning of the dignity of the children of God, deliver us.

From every kind of injustice in the life of society, both national and international, deliver us.

From readiness to trample on the commandments of God, deliver us.

From attempts to stifle in human hearts the very truth of God, deliver us.

From the loss of awareness of good and evil, deliver us.

From sins against the Holy Spirit, deliver us, deliver us.

Accept, O Mother of Christ, this cry laden with the sufferings of all individual human beings, laden with the sufferings of whole societies.

Help us with the power of the Holy Spirit to conquer all sin: individual sin and the ‘sin of the world', sin in all its manifestations.

Let there be revealed, once more, in the history of the world the infinite saving power of the Redemption: the power of merciful Love! May it put a stop to evil! May it transform consciences! May your Immaculate Heart reveal for all the light of Hope!”.

Our Lady of Fatima being gracefully carried to the Parish

Courtesy: Corozal Daily (…Sometimes)

#457962 - 02/13/13 07:51 AM Re: Our Lady of Fatima Statue Coming to San Pedro [Re: Marty]
Marty Offline

Travelling Statue of Our Lady of Fatima Visits San Pedro

Catholic faithfuls gathered at the San Pedro Roman Catholic Church for the 2nd Pilgrimage of the Travelling Statue of Our Lady of Fatima to Belize which took place on Monday, February 11, 2013. The statue of Our Lady of Fatima arrived in San Pedro on Monday, February 11, 2013, at 3:30p.m. and was transported the San Pedro RC Church for the official coronation and rosary in her honor. A special mass took place at 6:00p.m. which included readings in both English and Spanish, presentation of petitions to Our Lady of Fatima and a special dance tribute by the San Pedro Dance Company.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos in the Ambergris Today

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lil’ Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 50 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,631 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,679 Topics
461,169 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.