Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
OP Offline
B
Hello people. I am coming to your little island in May, it'll be a first visit for me. I am staying with a large group at the Blue Dolphin house north of San Pedro. Anyone hear of it? Any tips? Supposedly we are ~4 miles north of town, will this be an issue? How about golf carts, good idea?

Anyway, just looking for some input, maybe some tips on what will be happening at that time. Thanks in advance.

Nice location. Great pool. Definitely a party house. Enjoy.

Golf cart is a good idea for jaunts to some of the fun places to eat.

You can take a boat to town but for shorter distances that still may be a bit more walking than you want to do ...... the cart will be nice.

May is a relatively quiet time here but the weather is "usually" the best in the year. Dive, snorkel, fish and then dive and snorkel and fish. You'll love it.

my dive shop is just up the beach and we would love to have you dive, snorkel and fish with us. Email me and i'll make you an offer you can't refuse :-)

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
B
OP Offline
B
About the location, I am trying to pinpoint more or less using Wikimapia/Google Maps where it is (I'm a catrography geek anyhow) and I can't quite figure it given the pics they provided and the vague distance of "about 4 miles north" of San Pedro.

Can anyone give me a reference point? Like, north of Costa Maya, or South of Mata Grande?

Just south of Las Terrazas, if that helps, south of both the places you mentioned.

Former Belize expat traveling the USA & Mexico
http://travelingtwosome.weebly.com
D
D
South of Las Terrazas, north of Belizean Shores.

DC

Lovely place, great owners. I'm guessing you will be very happy. Plenty happening up there nowadays.

S
S
We stayed at the Blue Dolphin on our very first visit to the island (May 2009) and loved it. We have been back to the island 3 times since then.

The house is nice and we LOVED the beds (they are all tempurpedic). In fact, we bought one for our house when returned home, lol!

I would definitely take Elbert up on his offer to snorkel, dive, etc. with his group. My Mom, Dad and husband all snorkeled with him last April. In fact, Elbert went with them. My husband was thrilled to finally meet him!!!!

It's fabulous place to visit. I always feel like I'm home again when the tropic air flight lands on the tiny island!

If you have any questions about the house, please feel free to message me.

Have fun

B
OP Offline
B
OK, so I get that I should snorkel, I should go fishing, and I should rent golf carts to get into town.

About town ... what's there that I should not miss? Best bar? Karaoke spots?

I see that there are resorts all around the house (thanks, by the way, for helping me pinpoint it), should we check these out? Will we be able to get in when we are not guests there?

Also, what's the deal with the lagoon? I'd like to maybe do some SUP on it, is there good fishing there?

A
A
Just returned from Belizean Shores a little south of The Blue Dolphin. Great house and very nice owners. Tuff Enuf at Belizean Shores dock can help with diving and boating needs you may have.
Belizean Shores restuarant Island Tavern is a nice place to get
lunch or dinner. New owner Rupert is making some great dishes.

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 166 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.