BelizeNews.com BelizeSearch.com BelizePhotographs.com Lodging

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
N
Noelle Offline OP
OP Offline
N
The CCHS had a mobile medicart caravan this past Saturday. The Dogs of Caye Caulker blog links to tons of photos of cute dogs, cute kids and a whole lot of vaccinations and deworming drugs.

http://dogsofcayecaulker.wordpress.com/2013/02/10/caye-caulker-humane-society-goes-mobile/

C
C
Yes at the end of the day we gave out 80 vaccines, wormed about 100 dogs. Gave out flea and tick stuff, collars,leashes and treatment for some dogs with mange. A big thank you to everyone that came along to help. And a real big thank you to our supporters that donate to us. Your combined donations made it possible to give back $3,000 in animal health care stuff to families unable to afford it.

G
G
Thats Great,good for you!
One question though,was it $2,000 or $3,000 in donations?

N
Noelle Offline OP
OP Offline
N
In the blog I quote $3,000 which is the same as Cooper's number above because that's where I got it. Cooper is the Director of the CCHS so she would know. Not sure who is saying $2,000 so I can't speak to that.

This number is the value of the medications, supplies and services that were given out on Saturday, not an amount of donations taken in. The event Saturday was made possible by donations of money, supplies and time.

Also, just so CC people know: the CCHS clinic is open Saturday's from 9 -11AM for drop-in vet care. It's across from Wish Willies restaurant.

C
C
Well I personally spent over $2,000 of the Humane Societys money at Prossors on vaccines and Banol, Bayatol,and ivermectin. we gave out everything I bought that day, plus the case of vaccines we already had. Gave out 30 ,6 months supply of heartworm. Plus about 80 doses of round worm wormer, collars and leashes. So yeah, my addition was probably off, we probably gave out more than $3,000 and we also have a list of free spay and neuter surgeries to do that havnt been added in. Oh yeah and all those great Zyrteck tick Collars that cost $30 each. so could be closer to $4,000. Its all relative, if we had what the animals and villagers needed we gave it to them. Not our money anyway, it was given to us to do exactly what we did.
As Noelle says, we were able to do this by many, many donatoins, most of them small but they add up so when we can do somthing for the community we do. We recieved no donations at all on Saturday and did not expect any.

Here's some highlight from the day. Good job everyone.
Bark Bark Woof!
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Coleen

Beach bum, butterfly stalker, native plant enthusiast.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day