Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#457851 02/11/13 09:11 PM
M
MikeD Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I love shade, but I'm not sure how I feel about this. I really like the old Caye Caulker look and feel. Perhaps a thatch covered palapa would be more pleasing? What do you think?

[Linked Image]

C
C
Well they had to tear everything down, down to the pilings and even put in foundation and rebuild. Whats not to like, a safe building or one that is unusable. They did a great job, now they BBQ, and have a place for folks to get in out of the rain. They sure dont want the tourist running away. The thatch thing has never worked at the split, they tried it a few times, they always burn down. I wouldnt do it again if I were them. A thatch roof cost many times over a metal one, just to have them burn, not safe.

C
C
Hi...soooo looking forward to our return trip for 4 weeks in April...we follow this forum and Caye Caulker Chronicles daily in anticipation...do you have any updated pics of the split? Tks!

T
T
I asked my mother about it all, she said get over it.......

C
C
I'm not upset about the changes...just curious.

C
C
The Split looks better than ever these days. I'm sure you will enjoy hours and hours of refreshing relaxation there.

C
C
Boy Carolyn cant figure out where the slam from ThisandThat came from, your post was a simple question about a favorite place. I dont have any new images if I did I would send them, but I will tell you I had a great day there today, you will as well when you get here.

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
R
ron Offline
R
Immer put in 3 new beer boxes and they keep the beer as cold or colder then before. Nuff said.

C
C
Thank-you for the comments guys...we are really looking forward to putting winter behind us and enjoying all that C.C. offers...especially the "hours and hours" of relaxation with terrific people..oh, and the ice cold Belekin!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 313 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day