Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#45786 - 11/26/01 02:05 AM Wedding in March 2002...any suggestions on location?
Jackson&Shauna Offline
Hi! We are getting married on the island in March, and have never been there. Just wondering if anybody had any neat ideas about where we could have our ceremony, and who we should talk to. We have a party of almost 20 people arriving beginning of March from Alberta, Canada, so it would be nice to have some idea what we're doing. Any past experiences from any readers would really help. Thanks!!!

#45787 - 11/26/01 09:40 AM Re: Wedding in March 2002...any suggestions on location?
Nicki Offline
Congratulations! I got married in AC back in May. First thing, call Iraida at Belize weddings. Her website is www.belizeweddings.com. She is absolutely amazing. She will handle everything for you. You need her especially to do the paperwork. Do not even attempt to do this on your own. You can do a search and enter my user name, Nicki, or various other user names such as Turnbun, BillandJeanne, ybon. All of us have recently been married on AC and would love to provide you with any help that you need.

My husband and I got married at Victoria House and absolutely loved it! It is so beautiful there. We had the reception right by the pool and I can honestly say that was the best meal we had while we were there. Here are a few of our wedding pictures if you want to take a look. http://communities.msn.com/NickiandRod/wedding.msnw
I'm sure some of the other girls I mentioned above will be posting replies very soon. All of us got married in different places, so we will be able to provide you with a variety of choices. I watch the board pretty closely, so let me know if you have any other questions.

#45788 - 11/26/01 01:24 PM Re: Wedding in March 2002...any suggestions on location?
Turnbun Offline
We got married Sept. 2 at Sundiver Beach Resort. sundiverbeachresort.com The owners are Canadian. I loved the place. We got married there, and had our reception there as well. We started at the bar and moved on to the restaurant. We were the only people staying at the place, so that was wonderful! They do a ton of weddings there. The staff is awesome - Hugo, Mike, etc. Tazmara arranged all of our activities with Hustler, which was great. My family didn't like the fact that we had to take a boat to town all the time, but I liked it. They pretty much took us whenever we wanted.
Definitely use Iraida. She's great and makes things so stress-free!!! I posted a report on my wedding - you may want to look it up. There are some tips for brides in it. You'll have a wonderful time!
Here are some pictures from my wedding and of the SunDiver:

I, too, am addicted to this board so feel free to post any questions. One tip - take your own champagne. We just gave a bottle to each guest to carry on.

#45789 - 11/26/01 08:09 PM Re: Wedding in March 2002...any suggestions on location?
Jackson&Shauna Offline
Thanks Turnbun & Nicki! I was actually already corresponding with Iraida, but needed the opinion of a few others (you know how nervewracking it is to try to plan a wedding that is taking place so far away!). She seems really friendly and confident in what she does, and you both sound like she did a great job, so I think we will stick with her and trust that things will go well. We really want to do the barefoot in the sand thing (except now I've seen all that frack about the hookworms or whatever they're called...but don't think I'm going to get too worried about it). Iraida said she'd take us to a few locations to see if they'll be what we want when we get there. Just wondering about paperwork too...do we just bring it all with us and then she gets it done? We are arriving March 2, and getting married on the 7th (can't wait...I love this man soooo much!!!) Most of our guests are leaving the 9th, and then I think we're going to go over to the mainland for another week afterwards. Did either of you go over there afterwards? Just wondering where to stay...we were thinking the Green Parrot, but guess we'll decide when we get over there because I don't know how much damage was done or how quickly things will be repaired in Placencia. I'll keep in touch with you two and let you know how things are going, and again, thanks so much for the replies (and the tip about the champagne!). Should get your email addresses, but it sounds like you keep an eye on this message board anyways. Talk to you later! Shauna

#45790 - 11/26/01 08:14 PM Re: Wedding in March 2002...any suggestions on location?
Jackson&Shauna Offline
Hey...also, thanks for sending some of your pictures. They're beautiful! Kind of neat to see who I'm talking to as well. I'll have to learn how to send ours afterwards, too.

#45791 - 11/27/01 08:57 AM Re: Wedding in March 2002...any suggestions on location?
bromista Offline

One idea for you to consider is contacting the hotel your decide to stay at and see what they do for weddings. My fiance and I plan to be married 4/18/02 in San Pedro. At first I was corresponding with Iradia, but it turned out to be much cheaper to work with the hotel we are staying at. They are also handling all the paperwork, flowers, beach BBQ after the ceremony, arranging for the minister, etc. We also got a great deal on the rooms for our guests.

#45792 - 11/27/01 09:19 AM Re: Wedding in March 2002...any suggestions on location?
Nicki Offline
Don't worry about the little parasites. My brother-in-law and I did not wear shoes the entire time we were there. Well, actually I wore flip-flops to the wedding, but I went barefoot everywhere else without any problems. I think it's pretty rare to get any little buggies on you. Turnburn has a really good point about the champagne. It is very expensive and hard to get on the island. As for the paperwork, you give all of your stuff to Iraida as soon as you get off the plane and she takes care of everything else. I didn't have any problems once I got back to the states changing my name with my Belize license. Let us know if you have any other questions. You can also email me at nwehling@hotmail.com.

#45793 - 11/27/01 05:10 PM Re: Wedding in March 2002...any suggestions on location?
Turnbun Offline
We went to the mainland after the wedding - the Cayo district. We stayed in San Ignacio for the most part and took day trips from there with various tour groups. DON'T use Mike's, though, if you go. The guide we had was aweful! We spend one night at Three Sisters in the Mountain Pine Ridge, which was absolutely beautiful! Service was good, too. Since it was the low season, we were the only people at the whole resort, so we had our own personal chef and bartender. Not too shabby!
As far as paperwork, no sweat! Just take everything you need, and it will be done for you. I was really stressed about everything for a while, but then just realized all that mattered was that we are married by the end of the trip. Everything went better than I ever dreamed, and I'm sure it will for you, too. I keep having dreams about Belize (seriously - at least once a week), and I can't wait to get back there!!! Hopefully in the summer or for our anniversary.
You can also e-mail me at jennifer.thurman@lexisnexis.com

#45794 - 11/27/01 10:43 PM Re: Wedding in March 2002...any suggestions on location?
Jackson&Shauna Offline
Thanks ladies for all of your help, once again. Now I am really getting excited about our trip. Maybe someday we'll all be able to meet up in Belize for our anniversaries if we keep corresponding in the future. Now that I've got some email addresses, we can talk that way instead. I'll write soon, am on shift work (nights) right now, so it will be in a couple of days before I get to the computer.

Bromista, just wondering what place you stayed at? I've checked with a few resorts, and they were pricier than Iraida (Ramon's, Sunbreeze, can't remember the other one), but if you can let me know where you stayed, I'll check it out too. We have parents staying at Ramon's for 2 weeks, and the resort won't let us have the ceremony there because we aren't staying there, but the mom-in-law is going to try to talk them into it. Sunbreeze has our grandparents, and they said we could have it there, but the wedding package was pricier, I thought. We're staying at the Seven Seas with a bunch of the younger ones that like to party (and my Mom and Aunt, I feel sorry for them being stuck with us!...)because the price was right, and Sherrie that works there seems pretty helpful. We plan on staying at a more expensive place for our second week, but have to save $ because we are having a big party and dance back home when we return.

Sounds like there will be lots to do on the mainland, too. Thanks! Talk to you soon.

#45795 - 11/28/01 08:15 AM Re: Wedding in March 2002...any suggestions on location?
bromista Offline
Actually have not had the ceremony yet. We are getting married in April of 2002 and are staying at the Blue Tang Inn. Please feel free to e-mail me - hacergracia@yahoo.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 13 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,632 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,698 Topics
461,211 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.