Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#458114 - 02/16/13 01:46 AM Cancun to Belize
Hoover Offline
I heard from a few people that you can save a lot of money by flying to Cancun and catching a bus the rest of the way. Is it worth it?

#458115 - 02/16/13 02:03 AM Re: Cancun to Belize [Re: Hoover]
Beachdog Offline
Depends on how much of your vacation you want to spend on a bus. It's takes almost six hours to reach Chetumal from Cancun and another 1.5hrs on a ferry if you're going to AC. Most likely involving an overnight stay somewhere en route.
I've done it many times, but I like to travel leisurely and enjoy Mexico along the way. Most likely it will add a day to your trip. A large group or family might save some $$$. It depends on your schedule and flexibility...

#458116 - 02/16/13 02:08 AM Re: Cancun to Belize [Re: Hoover]
ScubaLdy Offline
versus - how much time spent in airports between flights.

#458118 - 02/16/13 02:16 AM Re: Cancun to Belize [Re: Hoover]
Cybercayecaulker.com Offline
I usually fly thru Cancun and enjoy the trip thru Mexico along the way too. Prices from Belize to Detroit are usually ridiculous, but Cancun to Detroit are really cheap. For me its worth it if I can save at least $200 on a ticket.

#458119 - 02/16/13 02:46 AM Re: Cancun to Belize [Re: Hoover]
robvee Offline
Im thinking of doing just this trip, can anyone tell me the cost of the coach to Cancun from Chetumal

#458120 - 02/16/13 03:06 AM Re: Cancun to Belize [Re: Hoover]
MisterB266 Offline
From Cancun City, buses depart approximately every two hours. You can find schedules & fares on the ADO website...
http://www.ado.com.mx/wadod/compra.jsp

It's in Spanish, but another site called ticketbus has an English language option...
www.ticketbus.com.mx/wtbkd/I18n.tb…

Cancun to Chetumal is about 300 pesos on an ADO express bus. The water taxi from Chetumal to San Pedro is about US$30. The ADO overnight express bus from Cancun City to Belize City is 496 pesos.

#458129 - 02/16/13 07:36 AM Re: Cancun to Belize [Re: Hoover]
robvee Offline
thx pretty reasonable and a chance to see the Yacatun coast line

#458274 - 02/18/13 06:00 PM Re: Cancun to Belize [Re: Hoover]
Hoover Offline
I've heard Mayan Air flys from Cancun, but I see nothing advertised about it. Does anyone know for sure?

#458277 - 02/18/13 06:07 PM Re: Cancun to Belize [Re: Hoover]
MisterB266 Offline
Maya Island Air / Maya Regional discontinued the Cancun-Belize City route last year.

Last November, Tropic Air announced that they will begin flying to Cancun, but due to a delay in the issuing of a license, this service (initially scheduled to begin on 12 November 2012) is postponed to a later date.

#458311 - 02/19/13 02:22 AM Re: Cancun to Belize [Re: Hoover]
shuffles Offline
If your flight arrives Cancun prior to noon, you can have a private taxi take you directly to the Corozal airstrip and fly directly to San Pedro. Pricey, but worth it if you want to spend more of your time on vacation and less on travel time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lil’ Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 91 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,673 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,048 Topics
462,276 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.