Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#4579 10/02/00 11:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Hello all concerned friends. I spoke to my husband Mo Miller this evening about 7:00 pm Blize time. He is monitoring the situation and reporting to the Hurricane net by HAM radio(read further down for further info). The winds were still quite high and cold rain is still falling. The good news is that there are no serious injuries, although there is a lot of serious damage to the Caye. Most of the damage is on the back side of the Caye. The smaller homes took the worse hit, especially on the back side of the Caye. Our home the Lazy Iguana B&B (not so lazy right now!) is a three story building, Mo reported that we have water on the first floor and the very top Palapa deck is blown off. We are blessed that we still have a home, our prayer and thoughts go out to those who lost theirs. I hope that all loved ones on the Caye are OK. I am leaving on Thursday to go back home to Caye Caulker. If you have any specific messages, please let me know and I will deliver it to your families. Our e-mail is [email protected] I will post further e-mail if I talk to Mo tomorrow.

Best Wishes
Irene Miller

#4580 10/02/00 11:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
HAM radio operators can contact Mo (or Charles) of the Lazy Iguana B&B on Caye Caulker at 14.265mhz. Mo's call sign is V31EM

#4581 10/03/00 12:35 AM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Thank you Irene for the accurate information. Hope to hear more tomorrow when it is light. Will hold off sending messages until we hear more.

#4582 10/03/00 09:49 PM
B
B
Irene, has Mo mentioned Wendy and Darren Casson? I understand that he is oversee's the house they had rented..she emailed me today...Diane? Can't remember but its a 3-4 storey wooden house...please pass any info you can to me.. I'm her sister...I may be flying into San Pedro tomorrow on a Charter (Iwork for Consolidated water and we own and operate the water production plant in AC)...I want them to know I am there and to find them so they can come home with me.... You can email me at [email protected] please

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 300 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.