Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#45880 - 12/04/01 01:52 AM Blue Tang vs Seven Seas...any comments?
Jackson&Shauna Offline
I know that the Seven Seas and Blue Tang Inn are very close in proximity, but just wondering if anyone could give some info on each place, or even one or the other in regards to beachfront, location, staff, pools and just general info about each place (like room size and description). Thanks!

#45881 - 12/04/01 06:04 AM Re: Blue Tang vs Seven Seas...any comments?
seashell Offline
Hi! Actually, they aren't that close. It's a bit of a walk but a nice one. I'm not as familiar with Seven Seas as I am with Blue Tang. I think you will be well pleased with Blue Tang. Is it not possible to get your whole group in there? Most of the rooms are quite large, especially the ones in the middle and the third floor end unit that over looks the side street and down the beach instead of looking straight out at the ocean. For you two, though, you should get the third floor front south unit.

#45882 - 12/04/01 03:44 PM Re: Blue Tang vs Seven Seas...any comments?
govikes Offline
Only know about 7 Seas. They have a nice little 'yard' in front (beachside) that's great to sit and hang out, plus they have a little courtyard you go thru towards the front with a pool (great to cool off before & after a walk down the beach). Plus the staff there is great!

#45883 - 12/05/01 12:12 AM Re: Blue Tang vs Seven Seas...any comments?
pedro Offline
Blue Tang - great views fabulous rooms and very close to center of town

#45884 - 12/05/01 04:40 PM Re: Blue Tang vs Seven Seas...any comments?
twospotdog Offline
Don't know the Seven Seas, but we stayed at Blue Tang for about 5 days in Nov. - VERY helpful staff and a really comfortable room (3rd floor at the back).The room has a vaulted wood ceiling with two ceiling fans, a/c, nice kitchen area, and a king size bed. So, either way, have a great time!
Mary and Rick

[This message has been edited by twospotdog (edited 12-05-2001).]

#45885 - 12/07/01 04:52 PM Re: Blue Tang vs Seven Seas...any comments?
Shawn and Sara Offline
The Blue Tang Inn is much closer to town (probably at least a ten minute walk; moreover I didn't particularly like the area where the Seven Seas is located) and the room, view and staff at the Blue tang are all great.

The Blue Tang has a nice little pool on the beach side (which is nice for ocean breezes and to people watch), and the beach is nicely manicured. You can also swim off the dock nearby, which I often did when the school kids took a swim break.

Granted, I haven't toured the accomodations of the Seven Seas; but I can tell you that just from outward appearances, I would take the Blue Tang by a mile.

Either way, you will have a great time!

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 34 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,670 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,006 Topics
462,169 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.