Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
ajeff Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Hi, a group of us are travelling over to Belize from a cold wet England and we are staying on AC for a week from the 31st, just wanted to know what is the best way to see in the new year, keeping in mind one of the group is a 14 year old girl (though we all like a good party)

Cheers

P
P
we being English celebrate two new years.The proper one is at BZ 6.00pm (venue undecided as yet).Then without a doubt Fido's as they have the best 7 piece band in the country

And then Ramon's!!!!

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

A
ajeff Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Sounds great, Oh the advantages of being English abroad!

One more question though - do you need to book anything (yes I know city mentality, but in London that time of year you can't get anywhere but your front room without booking first!)

Cheers

B
B
See above post re NY eve. With such a big part, if you want a sitdown dinner on NYEve I would try to call first. Could you tell your hotel your needs? Especially since you arrive that day and mat be dekayed. If you're like most Limeys I know you'll be having liquid bread for dinner. But some in your party might want some ballast.

A
ajeff Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Hi Frank

Think we will need food at some point (noting the 14 year old daugther), but something you posted in the other posting re NYE - everything stops at 11.45 for mass...what is that all about?...can you give a bit more info please...thanks

B
B
I was surprised when the bands quit at 11:45 and the elder 'Lion' said,"In respect to the Church." Like many an old fishing village, hte church is the social and geographical center of the village. St. Pedro's church has a midnight mass and the local establishments cease the music until after midnight so 'Ave Maria' is not overwhelmed by Punta Rock! No worries, mate, the revelery starts anew at 12:15 or so. I think you'll find that as another nice reminder of what a lovely small town the island really is. I suppose the bar owners wouldn't want to be browbeaten by the pastor from his pulpit.

You have to start at The Pier Lounge for the $1,000 Chicken Drop--Free food--its over by 10 PM usually
Then we all go to Ramons

Jim
I don't know Jim.....I think Fidos???!!! To my understanding it will be a "new band"...with several noted musicians on AC. Not sure of the name??? SKINNY- what's the name?? C

CATEGORY 7!

PS. Find out what I'm up to at www.broadjam.com/barefootskinny

Your's not in the Caye of "A"
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 293 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.