Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#459335 - 03/03/13 08:15 AM Corozal Man is Mr. Belize
Marty Online   happy

Congratulations to Rigo Vellos of Corozal Town who was named Mr. Belize in a competition in Belize City in 2012! He is manager and trainer at the Lotus Studio Gym on 5th Avenue in Corozal Town.

Rigo has been offered the chance to compete in the Hercules Olympia competition on May 11 in Colchester, England. It would be a dream come true for him to compete internationally, and friends want to make that dream come true by raising US $4000 to pay for his airfare hotel and food.

If you are able to do so, please make a donation via Paypal or credit card on the website Mister Belize. You can also read more about Rigo on this site.

More: http://www.misterbelize.com

#459587 - 03/06/13 09:20 AM Re: Corozal Man is Mr. Belize [Re: Marty]
Marty Online   happy

For the past six months, George and Sue Paoletti have been going to the Lotus Gym in Corozal to train with Rigo Vellos. Last October they went to Belize City to support Rigo in the Belize Body Building Championship, and to everyone's delight, he won Mr. Belize. The Paolettti’s stated that they had never met a body builder before and imagined them to be rather cocky and full of themselves. Rigo is the exact opposite; he is a quiet, gentle family man with a passion for body building. Rigo Vellos is from Corozal Town and has been offered the chance to compete in the Hercules Olympia competition on May 1, 2013 in Colchester, England. It would be a dream come true for him to compete internationally, and the Paoletti’s stated they really want to help make that dream come true by raising US$4000.00 to pay for his airfare, hotel and food. They urge the Corozal community to assist this noble cause for one of their own.

If you are able to do so, please make a donation via Paypal or credit card on his website. No amount is too small - every dollar counts!

If you would like to make a cash donation, please go to the Lotus Studio Gym on 5th Avenue, next to Al's cafe.

Corozal Daily (…Sometimes)

#463788 - 05/07/13 06:02 AM Re: Corozal Man is Mr. Belize [Re: Marty]
Marty Online   happy

Belize’s Buffest Off to Britain

In October of last year, 7News showed you the 2012 Body Building Champion, Rigo Vellos. Well, he’s moving on from Belize, and he’s competing in a much larger competition.

Vellos is making a few last-minute preparations to leave for Colchester, London for the 2013 Hercules Olympia Body-Building competition which will be held this Saturday. This competition is a big deal it attracts some of the world’s top-form bodybuilders, and Vellos will become the first Belizean to participate.

Since the October 2012 Bodybuilding championships, Vellos has won 1st place in the Corozal Bodybuilding Competition in Senior Category, which was held this weekend. He also won 1st Place in the Habet and Habet Mr. Physique Competition which was held in Placencia over the Easter weekend.

All through this time, he has been fundraising to travel to London, and he thanks his sponsors.

Channel 7

#464283 - 05/14/13 06:12 AM Re: Corozal Man is Mr. Belize [Re: Marty]
Marty Online   happy

Belizean Places Second In Hercules Olympia In London

Over the weekend Belize’s body building champ, Rigo Vellos, participated in the 2013 Hercules Olympia, a body building competition held in Colchestor, London. The 2013 Hercules Olympia is being described as the best body building show over the last decade with world class body builders from countries around the world. Vellos flexed his muscles in the Tall Class category and placed second just after Kai Lyon who became Mr. Hercules 2013. Vellos is first Belizean to have competed in the Hercules Olympia and he is expected to return to Belize tomorrow.

It’s not the first time that Vellos has competed in body building competition but is the first time that he has participated in such competition of this magnitude. Vellos is the 2012 Body Building Champion and just recently Vellos placed 1st in the Corozal Body Building Competition in the Senior Category.

Bodybuilding Belizean Excels In UK

Mr. Belize Rigo Vellos excelled in the 2013 Hercules Olympia contest held in Colchester, London on Saturday, May 11. Judges scored points on size, shape, balance, proportion, symmetry, condition and vascularity.

Vellos placed second behind Kai Lyons who advanced to the Mr. Hercules finale and ended up winning the grand prize. It is a significant achievement because Vellos is the 1st Belizean to compete at that level, where the best bodybuilders from North America and Europe compete.

He returns to Belize on Tuesday night.

Channel 7

#464588 - 05/18/13 05:48 AM Re: Corozal Man is Mr. Belize [Re: Marty]
Marty Online   happy

Muscle Man Comes Home

Earlier this week, we told you about Mr. Belize -33 year old Rigo Vellos who excelled in the 2013 Hercules Olympia contest in Colchester London about a week ago. Vellos placed second in the international event, a significant achievement being that he is the first Belizean to compete at that level, alongside the best bodybuilders from North America and Europe. Today he stopped in at our studios to show off his prize and spoke about his experience at his first international competition.

Rigo Vellos - Mr Belize
"For my first international competition - the experience was great and unforgettable. It made me grow up in the sport of body building actually. I'm a more open-minded person when it comes to that sport. I came in second in my category which was the Tall Category. The tall category is anybody that has the height of 5'7" to 5'11", I was 5'10". I got a second place trophy in the category for the Hercules Olympia and I won some supplements along with it too. All the preparation started at my home town, Corozal Town. The training immediately after Mr. Belize last year - I started training and the opportunity came up in January and I agreed to do some fund raising and the people from Corozal helped me. I tried contacting some business places like BTL and they responded, places like CBC and they also helped me out. I did some BBQ sales and I had some private people that actually helped me to come up with the money which was like $8,000bzd."

Daniel Ortiz
"Rigo how much different is this in terms of participating for Mr. Belize and now to see that you've competed against other countries."

Rigo Vellos
"Yeah it was a totally different competition. The level is surely a higher level - not to take away anything from the Belize competition. The guys there are more prepared and we had competitors from Spain, France, Italy, Ukraine, Poland and Ireland and of course from England and I think we had somebody from Cuba also. It's a more worldwide thing, it's a more international level competition. The guys of course have more experience in that field of body building."

Over the next few months, Vellos will be training for the upcoming Mr. Belize Bodybuilding competition that will be held in Corozal Town in September.

Channel 7

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lil’ Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (Marty), 46 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,631 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,687 Topics
461,187 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.