Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#460073 03/13/13 02:04 AM
D
Dane Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Caye Caulkers roads are in much worse condition after thirty years of "fixing" them. At one time the traffic was mostly barefoot and a few bikes. The soft sand is easily crushed and in some spots lays over soft mud. The large trucks grind the sand into powder which blows or washes away creating potholes and ruts.They spin wheels to get out of the holes, digging them deeper. The hardworking crews from CCVC roll their new heavy machines over the roads to repair them damaging the road as they go.
By scraping the surface they break up hardened areas into a soft surface.
Rinse and repeat.
They deal with with lakes by by scraping them deeper than the surrounding land, which makes them look better but is actually the cause of the lakes not the cure.
-They must forbid big trucks and allow only small pickups.
- We need to sell the new loader and buy a roller to harden the surface instead of softening it.
-They need to fill the lakes, not scrape them, and add a bag of cement to each load of sand.
-The traffic jams are caused by folding signs placed in the street crowding the fronts of many businesses. They should only be on private property.
- The flea market was built at the edge of the street so the clients and their carts have to block the street. This allows the drug dealers to offer sexual suggestions and crack to the crowd trying to get through the mess to go to the Split.
Move those temporary buildings back fifty feet and done.

Last edited by Dane; 03/13/13 02:06 AM.
Dane #460074 03/13/13 05:43 AM
G
G
We visited in November and again a couple weeks ago. I noticed the roads were a lot worse on our most recent visit vs in November. I didn't want to ride my bike at night! I hope something can be done to improve them. Good luck!

Dane #460160 03/13/13 08:24 PM
C
C
Its always the same, nothing new. Personally I dont want the roads to be fixed permently. They are fixed now, great condition, carts are all going at top speed, 40 mph some are at. Children are always wondering in the streets. Look at San Pedro, do we really want the roads fixed so well that we cant cross the street. Its damn if you do damn if you dont, but although I complain about the holes, if it takes holes in the road to keep carts going slow, because the 15 mile an hour speed limit is never enforced. Its choosing the worst of two evils, I choose the holes,at least until we get speed enforcement laws inforced.

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
Cooper #460161 03/13/13 08:37 PM
golf carts @ 40mph?????????? shocked

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
klcman #460162 03/13/13 08:56 PM
E
E
Cooper, have another Panty Ripper smile

Dane #460163 03/13/13 09:05 PM
How about a Texas sized Panty Ripper??

Dane #460169 03/13/13 09:39 PM
S
S
How many burritos to get a Texas sized Panty Ripper?

Dane #460170 03/13/13 09:44 PM
S
S
BTW I have my golf cart tuned to max out just below the rev limiter (I can go higher if I disconnect the cut out but it will eat the pistons) and it will max out at 21mph (tested on GPS).

I can make you a golf cart that will run 40mph but it will cost you a sugarload.

Dane #460171 03/13/13 10:16 PM
C
C
Yes, not the majority, but we dont have traffic here like San Pedro, so the solo cart on the road, usually taxis, trying to be first on site as a plane arrives have gone by my house at 40mph, NO JOKE..This dosnt happen in the Village, They go so fast here that the dust, etc its damn scary....Usually there is only one or two carts on the road at a time on the airport road,
I actually had to pull off the road on my bike yesterday when one went flying by, I yelled at him to slow down and he turned around and yelled back, he born here..this was not a taxi. You all can joke about it all you want until some child gets hit. The average golf cart cant go that fast, but we have many high end all terrain carts here that can and are. Sad how you all post relys with no knowledge of facts. How many of you all have even been on the airport rd here in the last 10 days, or ever.....

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
Dane #460173 03/13/13 10:33 PM
S
S
Your exaggeration is defeating what may have been a legitimate complaint. There is no golf cart in this country that will go 40mph; if I'm wrong I want to meet the guy that built it. The engines in carts here don't have that capacity for that performance; only an engine swap to a high performance engine will get you that and you would be able to hear it for miles.

FYI. On the knowledge side if I had the time money and inclination I could build a cart that would smoke pretty much every taxi on this island.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 121 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,202
Posts500,026
Members20,466
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day