Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#46047 12/12/01 01:42 PM
klcman Offline OP
OP Offline
Have not been back to Belize since February 1999 nor on AC since February 1998...what am I missing? Is it still the warm, fun, friendly place I love and have not made the time for? or is it changing into something more like we all do not want? I'm getting the "burn" again in the gut and need to get out of New England for awhile. I fear, from things I have been reading over past many weeks, that "Condo City" is coming...aka Portofino (exactly where was that built anyway??) and the "other place" above the cut that no one wishes to mention! Or am I reading more into that than actuality?

I have spent about 16-20 weeks on AC between 93-98 and MIGHT want to return, even get certified maybe...if the time is right.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
#46048 12/12/01 02:27 PM
R
R
What you read, is what I read, condos, time share and cruise ship. Another "Cozumel", coming soon, to an island near you. A very. very few may want it, but I don't think that's what we want in Belize and AC. It wasn't there when we came years ago, it will bring an end to what we love about AC.

Rocio

#46049 12/14/01 11:29 AM
Its growing, but its still wonderful, we love it.Its hardly condo city, and most of the large-ish places up north that get planned, never actually get built.

Come on down and see for yourself.

#46050 12/15/01 12:39 AM
klcman Offline OP
OP Offline
Well, I always loved it too! And if Marty says its still wonderful, thats' good enough for me è�è

#46051 12/15/01 08:17 PM
What a load of B.S

Condo city and reffering to Portofino as condos

ABSOLUTELY RUBBISH Portofino is not even condos its a thatch resort small intimate and very well done nothing like cozumel cancun or anything else like that.

As marty says come see for yourself and you will see you are very misguided.

Best regards

Gaz

#46052 12/15/01 09:14 PM
klcman Offline OP
OP Offline
chill out bub--- this is exactly why Iwas asking...but no need to get rude

#46053 12/16/01 05:37 AM
klcman, who are you talkig to? I didn't see anyone get rude with you.

You asked. You got one wrong answer and two right answers. You should be happy, man.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#46054 12/16/01 12:30 PM
Klcman...I don't think rudeness was intended. Sometimes when intonation is absent...words can be interpeted differently. For example...what Gaz said could be interpeted as rude...but when you read it twice....at least, I would understand it as...that the information you got was BS and rubbish (this is directed at the source, giving you such information. To come down and see for yourself...was an invitation.

MR

Love is a many splendid thing and food runs a close second.
#46055 12/16/01 04:37 PM
klcman Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok, have my hat in my hand--- chin on my chest----- and a bigggggggggggggg apology on my lips! Guess I did take it wrong and am man enough to admit when I am wrong. SORRRRRRRRRRRRRRY

Hope to be down mid-winter (and appreciate any more good info)

#46056 12/17/01 02:00 PM
M
M
klcman --

There are no high rise hotels. Nothing over three floors. In fact, maybe nothing over two floors, now that I think if it. That alone keeps the character from going away --- you can't pack that many people into the place if you don't have high rises.

Still sand roads. No road North of Capricorn. Still the hand ferry to cross the cut. The beach still belongs to everyone for walking to and fro. We haven't seen any monster cruise ships hanging out inside the reef (Where would the get the water?).

We built now instead of later because we felt we would have to go farther North or South if we waited.

This doesn't look at all like Cancun or Paradise Island or what have you. We chose it because to us it is quite different from those places.

But to someone who saw it 20 years ago, it might seem "spoilt". Doesn't look bad to us at all. If you feel crowded, bop over to Caye Caulker. But I like SP. Just the right amount of animation without being hectic.

Come down and have another look. I'm thinking about qwerping myself, later on.

Mike Ryan

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 353 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.