Wil Flack lands a Vampire Fish (in Venezuela)
by Marty on 03/23/13 08:03 AM

Wil Flack, local resident and owner of Tres Pescados Fly Shop in San Pedro Town, can proudly say he caught a trophy Payara. The Payara is a native fish of the Orinoco River in Venezuela and is locally known as the “vampire fish” that is because of the very prominent pair of fangs protruding from its lower jaw. This “massive” fish was caught during filming for “Way Point”, a production of Confluence Films.

The trophy size fish was caught at Uraima Falls, and Flack will be featured in the film as part of the fishing adventures in Venezuela. Flack admitted that it was a tough catch. “This is not a normal fly-fishing fish, since it can strain the body when it’s time to reel it in,” but Flack won that round, and has the photos to prove it.“I’m really excited, the photos look real good. I worked with an unbelievable videographer, Denver Miller. It was a pleasure working with the whole crew. I think it is going to be a great segment, I’m excited to see the finished production,” said Flack on his experience at Venezuela.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos in the San Pedro Sun