Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Chris Offline OP
OP Offline
If someone from the San Pedro Town Council could post official information regarding the anticipate bridge closing it would be much appreciated.

If possible, the closing date, estimated opening date and, most important, will a pedestrian walkway be left open during the closure of the rest of the bridge.

Thanks!

When I called the SPTB last week I was referred to Marion. He said the bridge would be closed 'after the parts arrive from England.' He estimated that they would not be before the week of the 8th. He thought it would be a total closure. I would urge someone else call today and ask for an update.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
R
R
The Meccano Company is working hard on making the bits

Um, can't 1/2 the bridge be repaired at a time. Don't the panels drop in and are welded to the tracks? I know I'm whining but I'm sort of fond of the bridge(like twice a day)...

R
R
No one has said whats being repaired or replaced, could be nothing to do with the deck maybe the main mounting plated need redoing if so the bridge is CLOSED

S
S
The Sir Barry Bowen Bridge will be closed to vehicular traffic completely when work is carried out on the bridge. At this particular moment, we cannot provide the community with an exact date as to when this will happen as the parts are slated to arrive in Belize this week but have to be cleared through customs and the paint that is used has to be on the island before any work is done. The mayor understands the use and concerns of residents and will provide an exact date when all that is need is on the island and the workmen are ready to begin with enough time to make plans ahead. The pedestrian walkway will be the only means available across the Boca del Rio. As soon as we have a date, it will be announced and posted on the social media. Thanks

C
C
We are due in San Pedro on Saturday.....would be nice if the closure was in late April. smile

Originally Posted by SPTC
The Sir Barry Bowen Bridge will be closed to vehicular traffic completely when work is carried out on the bridge. At this particular moment, we cannot provide the community with an exact date...The mayor understands the use and concerns of residents and will provide an exact date when all that is need is on the island and the workmen are ready to begin with enough time to make plans ahead. The pedestrian walkway will be the only means available across the Boca del Rio. As soon as we have a date, it will be announced and posted on the social media. Thanks

Just wondering if the Council has been given an estimate of the time for the repairs to be made and the bridge to be closed...Thank You

Since the foot bridge will be open, I'd say this would be a good time for some enterprising young men to have a fleet of golf carts on each side of the bridge. Some valet parking and security for the carts. Some "bellman" types to carry your bags to and fro. For those businesses or properties just on either side, rope off an area and charge for parking spaces.

Make the best of a not so desirable situation, San Pedranos!!

Last edited by Wizardofaahs; 04/03/13 12:40 AM.

Words have power. Speak it into existence.
Chris Offline OP
OP Offline
That the walkway will be open during the bridge repairs is great news.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 287 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.