Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#46194 - 12/17/01 10:29 PM Fly fishing guides' rates
rdb Offline
I'm coming down the end of January with a group carrying fly rods and high hopes of having decent bonefishing.
The group(4 - 6 anglers, depending on the wives wishes) will need guides. What is the current rate for guides there? I've found a number of postings with guide names and appreciate that info!

#46195 - 12/18/01 11:26 PM Re: Fly fishing guides' rates
R9986 Offline
Hey rdb,
If you want to get an all inclusive fishing package where they take care of everything from the flight to the island all the way to fishing rod holders in your hotel room then El Pescador(www.elpescador.com)is the place to go . They are a bit North on the island but definitely worth the trip. They will cater to all your fishing needs. They even have a fly fishing "teacher" named Jim who will help you get the "double haul" down right. They have casting platforms on their docks so you can practice day or night.
Its a short boat ride to downtown AC where all the restaurants and clubs are.
I went back in Aug 2001 and it was definitely worth it. I will be back for sure.

#46196 - 12/19/01 05:15 PM Re: Fly fishing guides' rates
rdb Offline
Thanks for the reply. El Pescador is a fine lodge but this trip is also for a few non-fishers. We will be staying at the Paradise Villas and getting guides per day. We also don't need much help. I've fished flats around the Carribean for 20 years and a couple of us have taugh fishing and casting for "a leading tackle manufacturer" in the Northeast for years. We kind of got the casting thing down. I'm assuming that the guides listed on this board charge around $175 - 200 per day but I just wanted verification so I can give my group as much info as possible. Also, any new or hot flies that we just gotta bring???? Any other thoughts are more than welcome!

#46197 - 12/19/01 05:43 PM Re: Fly fishing guides' rates
Art from Louisiana Offline
Give George Bradley a try. I fished with him and caught lots of bones and jumped several tarpon. Had 2 permit on, but they broke off. George works very hard and is an excellent guide.

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (dabunk, 1 invisible), 33 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,077 Topics
462,359 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.