Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#46225 - 12/19/01 02:01 AM Holiday Gratings!!
Laguna Punta Offline
Hi Friends: After a nice visit to Guatemala, it nice to be back to San Pedro. In two weeks, the streets of San Pedro have been transformed magically into a beautiful Christmas Postcard in Paradise. The weather has been really nice. Had a nice hard rain last night. Things couldn't be better except the town is absent of "live ones". Don't know the exact explaination, but the busy Christmas Season has not become a reality, yet. Personally, its nice to have less congestion around town, but, this town is run by tourism. I don't weep for the resort owners, as they don't weep for me. But, the "little people" are having a tough time this year. Empty resturants, night clubs and streets makes it hard for waiters, bartenders, and tour guides to keep things going. Anyway, enough gratin of teeth. I wish everyone a wonderful Holiday Season and hope to see ya soon trollin da sandy streets of San Pedro. Take care: Bill PS. Thanks Marty for providing us with this wonderful forum.

#46226 - 12/19/01 06:48 AM Re: Holiday Gratings!!
rickcheri Offline
OK Bill..you're KILLING me here! First, Rick and I were gonna come for New Years Eve....then we decided not to and save the $$$....NOW, i keep reading you on here and the temptation to go is KILLING ME!!! Too bad Coconut #2 won't be there. Let us know if you come across or hear of cheap airfare from DFW. For Dec. 31-Jan.3....it would have to be a quick trip!!Maybe some lives ones will be there soon!! Coconut

#46227 - 12/19/01 09:20 AM Re: Holiday Gratings!!
seashell Offline
I'll be busy spreading some tourist dollars around starting Thursday evening. I sure hope things aren't as quiet as you say Bill.

#46228 - 12/19/01 04:14 PM Re: Holiday Gratings!!
M-A Gaffney Offline
Where are the "live ones"? Heard any U.S. news lately? People are afraid to go out of their own homes, let alone go to Central America . . .

#46229 - 12/19/01 04:33 PM Re: Holiday Gratings!!
Chloe Offline
Hang on Bill, Chloe and court will be there on the 25th........$$$ X 5 = much.

#46230 - 12/19/01 06:10 PM Re: Holiday Gratings!!
CHOOCHOO Offline
Ah, Mr. Thorton,

Seems a bit odd that you'd be commentin' on the lack of visitors, when the day after we arrived YOU TOOK OFF FOR GUATAMELA AND DIDN"T RETURN UNTIL WE WERE SAFELY OUT OF THE AREA!

I could take this personally.

CC

#46231 - 12/19/01 09:30 PM Re: Holiday Gratings!!
Laguna Punta Offline
Hi Friends: Well, Mr ChooChoo, no one said ya could leave, come on back and visit. And Chloe, I hope ta see ya and da brood on Christmas for lunch/dinner (what time are ya arrivin and will ya stay at Sunbreeze?). Hope ta see ya Thursday Seashell, things should start livening up after ya arrive. And Gaffney, I don't really think Ambergris is for the meek or cautious; we need "live ones" here. Miss Cheri and Rick, I don't think I could hep ya with a cheap airfare, but I WILL buy ya a "Coconut Beverage". Take care: Bill

#46232 - 12/19/01 10:42 PM Re: Holiday Gratings!!
Chloe Offline
OK Bill arriving in Belize City at 3:36 pm on 12/25, then on to Ambergris arriving more or less 5:00 pm. Yes Sunbreeze is my place, you know I like to save on Taxi fare. LOL
See you then. Planning on the Hideaway for Christmas dinner, join us, oh and Seashell is joining us for Dinner also. Big Family/Friends deal.
Maybe you best call those Texas Gals and make reservations for 7, so they will save us the good stuff.

[This message has been edited by Chloe (edited 12-19-2001).]

#46233 - 12/20/01 03:46 AM Re: Holiday Gratings!!
seashell Offline
Bill, where will I find you?

Chloe, maybe we need to make a reservation for 9? Scubabear and loved one may join us?

#46234 - 12/20/01 06:09 AM Re: Holiday Gratings!!
Chloe Offline
Ok Bill it is now 9 on that reservation.
Not to worry we all ask for separate checks.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 44 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,675 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,058 Topics
462,302 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.