Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

MSNBC: Originally aired on November 17th 2008, Matt Lauer visits the famous Blue Hole of Belize Barrier Reef. Joined by Fabian Costeau.

Well, considering the pictures they could have taken and the stories they could have told, this video was a bit lame. Nonetheless, thanks for posting it Marty.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

DIVING THE BLUE HOLE BELIZE, Lighthouse Reef

Diving The Blue Hole, Amigos Del Mar, San Pedro

Join our guest divers Mark, Natasha and Matthew as we explore the Blue Hole and a look at resident sharks.

Lighthouse Reef, Half Moon Wall, Amigos Del Mar

Aboard Papa Changa, Amigos Del Mar. Join our guest divers Mark, Natahsa and Matthew as we work the reef for Lionfish and encounter sharks at Half Moon Wall.

VIDEO: Belize World Class Diving, Turneffe Atoll

Turneffe Atoll is the largest and most biologically diverse coral atoll in the Western Hempisphere. The marine life at Turneffe Island makes the scuba diving an adventure like no other dive destination in the Caribbean. The vastness and variety of marine life and coral formations are truly unmatched.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Blue Hole Named to Most Awe-Inspiring Sites by TripAdvisor

Blue Hole at Lighthouse Reef named #2 most awe-inspiring site in world by TripAdvisor. #1 is Antelope Canyon in AZ US & #3 is Angkor Wat.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Diving Belize, The Blue Hole 12-12-2012

Another great dive as we explore The Blue Hole with Amigos. Check out these Amber Jacks as they chillax at 140ft. Thanks for joining us on this dive Tom and Cindy.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

The Great Blue Hole (HD)

The Blue Hole in the Belize Barrier Reef, dove in December of 2012.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

VIDEO: Blue Hole Sharks

Diving the Blue Hole with sharks

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

VIDEO: Skydiving into the Blue Hole, Belize

The ultimate skydive in my 21 years of jumping! Exit from 13,500 feet in PERFECT weather conditions (ie endless blue skies, puffy clouds and NO wind) with my beautiful husband and Arizona friend Ginger. I deployed at 8,000 feet so I could soak in all the exotic beauty and sublime heavenly experience. A once in a lifetime never-to-forget skydive!!! BTW, my canopy is red, black and gray, and I am the last person to land in this video. WOOHOO!

The Great Blue Hole is a stunning circular jewel surrounded by a ring of shallow luminous coral reef in the Lighthouse Reef Atoll. Measuring 1,000 feet across and more than 400 feet deep, this ocean-floor limestone sinkhole is believed to be the world's largest blue hole, made famous by Jacques Cousteau. Atolls are characterized by a large, fairly shallow lagoon surrounded by coral reefs. Only four known true atolls exist in the Western Hemisphere, and of these, three reside in Belize: Turneffe, Lighthouse and Glovers.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

VIDEO: Blue Hole, Belize

7 minutes from a dive done in March 2006. The blue finned diver had just been certified a week before, and I myself have only got 3 or 4 times in the 13 years since I was certified at 14. Her weight belt was modified between day 1 and 2 of diving and she didn't notice, sank too quickly, and was weary of using her BCD because of equipment problems the day before (it got stuck inflating). She seemed to succomb to nitrogen narcosis in her panic and was eventually noticed by the Divemaster and taken up to our safety stop. Reviewing the video, it should've been clear to everyone, but I didn't realize myself due to my inexperience and excitement/worry about being down so deep. As it turns out, neither of us should've been allowed on this deep dive, but that's the way things go with 3rd world dive shops sometimes.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Diving the Blue Hole with Portofino Beach Resort in Belize
The Great Blue Hole is a large submarine sinkhole off the coast of Belize. It lies near the center of Lighthouse Reef, a small atoll 70 kilometers from the mainland and Belize City. The hole is circular in shape, over 300 meters across and 125 meters deep.

Besides modern-day marine life, this vertical cave contains remnants from its days above water. When much of Earth�s water was sequestered in glaciers, global sea level was lower. During this time, stalactites or 'dripstones' formed inside this cave, and those rocks are preserved underwater today.

Jacques Cousteau revealed the secrets of the mysterious Blue Hole to millions of viewers in 1971 through the television series The Undersea World of Jaques-Yves Cousteau. Today, dive boats follow the way of the famous Calypso to explore one of the world's best destinations for scuba diving.

Blue Hole Natural Monument is one the seven wonders of Belize's World Heritage Site. The Belize Barrier Reef Reserve System, which covers a total area of 963 square kilometers, illustrates a classic example of reefs through fringing, barrier, and atoll types.

The Great Blue Hole is a popular spot amongst recreational scuba divers, who are lured by the opportunity to dive in crystal-clear water and meet several species of fish, including giant groupers, nurse sharks and several types of reef sharks such as the Caribbean reef shark and the Black-tip shark. Other species of sharks, like the bull shark and hammerheads, have been reported there, but are not regular sightings. Usually, dive trips to the Great Blue Hole are full-day trips, which include one dive in the Blue Hole and two further dives in nearby reefs.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 298 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.