R
i know you did im word playing on your 'briefs' lol

Pay attention. I never used the word "brief" shocked

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
M
M
Originally Posted by Katie Valk
I'm not allowed to enter the US without declaring US$10,000.00. Is that absolutely ridiculous too? Afterall, its my spending money.

You are definitely allowed to enter the U.S. without declaring $10,000. Thousands of people do so every day...probably because they don't have $10,000.

One article says they seized his $22000, and later he was able to pay his $2500US fine. So, did they also return his money to him or was it a good day all-around for everyone but him?

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

S
S
The law is $10K of currency. If you don't like it get a credit card. He was fined (taxed) and went on his way. If I have $10K in my pocket and get stopped by the cops I have to produce receipts to show it was legally gained and I have paid taxes, if not it gets seized and taxes get taken away unless I can prove otherwise...

Seriously, the drama here is worse than chisme on the island. Mostly by people that don't have a clue.

Try going through an airport into the US and getting searched and having $25K on you; enjoy the cavity search and the detention (with no rights no matter your citizenship by the way).

R
R
I think everybody here thats an international traveller knows about currency restriction its written on the back of every customs form

L
L
Originally Posted by SimonB
The law is $10K of currency. If you don't like it get a credit card. He was fined (taxed) and went on his way. If I have $10K in my pocket and get stopped by the cops I have to produce receipts to show it was legally gained and I have paid taxes, if not it gets seized and taxes get taken away unless I can prove otherwise...

Seriously, the drama here is worse than chisme on the island. Mostly by people that don't have a clue.

Try going through an airport into the US and getting searched and having $25K on you; enjoy the cavity search and the detention (with no rights no matter your citizenship by the way).

You are right! Unfortunately, I don't have to worry about traveling and packing 10k because that never happens with me! I still have tons of fun! smile

R
R
I just i laugh when asked if ive got more than $10k on me And who would carry that kinda money these days If they were legit

Last edited by robvee; 04/26/13 06:14 PM.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 291 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.