Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#462832 04/21/13 01:23 PM
OP Offline
We are two very trustworthy women living in Florida(retired law enforcement and ex U.S. Marine and Navy). Both or us are extremely reliable and trustworthy and are over 50 years old. We are non-smokers and very, very light drinkers and absolutely no drugs.

We have hopes of purchasing a home in San Pedro in about a year and need a place to live in the meantime. We are wondering if anyone needs someone to house sit, pet sit,supervise workers, etc? We want a place to stay while we learn about the area and complete required paperwork.

We are coming to Ambergris Caye June 8th to 17th for a short trip to see how we like it and try to line up a temporary home. Then we plan on coming back to our home state of Florida and making arrangements so that we can return within a month or two to live there.

Right now we are just trying now to find out about possibilities that may be out there so we can meet people and take a look while we are there in June.

We would be happy to answer any questions posed to us so that you can make the best referrals.

Kindest Regards
Paula and Kim

D
D
Question...
Do you mean "House Sit" as in in lieu of a rental payment??

DC

R
R
If you just want to come for a week why not stay at Pedros for about $10 a day

OP Offline
I could pay a rental payment or do some work at the house to compensate for a lower rental payment. What do you have in mind?

OP Offline
I have read that Pedros is more for backpackers and I want a bit more luxury than that. Thank you for the suggestion though.

R
R
theyve 12 new more luxury rooms and a pool i understood you just wanted to stay a wk to check AC out

D
D
We are also looking for a long term rental in San Pedro. We will be coming down sometime between October and March; It depends on finding a place. We want a small-- 400-600 sq. ft.; one bedroom, pet friendly, long term lease. No condo-- we aren't condo kind of people. It would be great if we could get a discount for paying the lease up front, 6 months to a year would be perfect. Need a fenced yard (or easily fenced) for dogs. "Belizean-style" is OK. Outside space is more important than inside space.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
P
P
I guess it is subjective when comparing them to a backpacker dorm. Pedro's new rooms or Hotel Rooms across the road are really great for US$50-75 a night with a large bed and private bathroom a/c and TV. Even Pedro would hesitate to class them as Luxury.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 340 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.