Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#463303 - 04/29/13 10:55 AM Jetís Bar at International Airport Burns Down
Marty Offline

On Saturday evening, April 27th at approximately 8PM Jetís Bar, located at Belizeís Philip S. W. Goldson International Airport was destroyed by what appears to be an electrical fire.

Anyone who has traveled through Belizeís international airport is most likely familiar with the legendary bar. The half-pint gravel-voiced Mr. Jet is always there to greet you, squeeze the girls and quench your thirst with a rum punch or ice cold Belikin while awaiting your flight. The bar had all of the charm of local watering-holes in Belize, with a few bar stools, walls papered with old photos, posters, memorabilia and of course plenty of bar-room banter. Reports are that no one was harmed in the fire and that Mr. Jet intends to rebuild the bar as soon as possible.

Click here to see more pictures in the San Pedro Sun

#463304 - 04/29/13 11:01 AM Re: Jetís Bar at International Airport Burns Down [Re: Marty]
bobcat bill Offline
frown

#463311 - 04/29/13 12:40 PM Re: Jetís Bar at International Airport Burns Down [Re: Marty]
Spelican Offline
Say it isn't so!!!

#463313 - 04/29/13 01:03 PM Re: Jetís Bar at International Airport Burns Down [Re: Spelican]
awhatukeeguy Offline
Noooooooo!!!!

#463315 - 04/29/13 01:33 PM Re: Jetís Bar at International Airport Burns Down [Re: Marty]
bobcat bill Offline
He is probably borrowing a beverage cart & going from person to person in the waiting area??

#463318 - 04/29/13 02:30 PM Re: Jetís Bar at International Airport Burns Down [Re: Marty]
Gela Offline
This is sad. bcb, I agree - Jet may very well push a cart around until the bar is rebuilt. He's come and found me in the waiting area to deliver me a glass of "the best rum punch in Belize" in the past. Guess I will postpone my visit until he rebuilds. It wouldn't be right to not start out the visit with a few drinks from Jet's while waiting for the "the plane"!

#463321 - 04/29/13 04:09 PM Re: Jetís Bar at International Airport Burns Down [Re: Marty]
Diane Campbell Offline
DARN. Sorry for what this will do to Jet's bottom line - hopefully his spirit is intact.
He's a real icon and it's a cool bar. I even like the hot-dogs.
Jet's collection of police patches from around the world is going to be hard to replicate!

#463371 - 04/30/13 01:45 AM Re: Jetís Bar at International Airport Burns Down [Re: Marty]
SimonB Offline
We were talking about this tonight at BC's; the loss of memorabilia including the police, fire and military badges, pictures of celebrities and influential people are irreplaceable. I realize that money is important for rebuilding but an address for sending replacement memorabilia is incredibly important as well.

#465332 - 05/28/13 12:49 AM Re: Jetís Bar at International Airport Burns Down [Re: Marty]
bobcat bill Offline
Any update yet?

#465336 - 05/28/13 03:57 AM Re: Jetís Bar at International Airport Burns Down [Re: bobcat bill]
graem Offline
We just went through this morning . Jet has a table and some coolers set up.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 58 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,029 Topics
462,230 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.