Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#463474 - 05/01/13 11:39 AM QRP vs PR
DallasTX Offline
My husband and I have a question, has anybody on this forum done the QRP or the PR who can answer some questions for us ?
Or do you have infromation on where we can get our questions answered.

Thank you,

#463482 - 05/01/13 03:22 PM Re: QRP vs PR [Re: DallasTX]
collyk Offline
I'm sure that you'll find that many people on this message board have done the permanent residency process, the qualified retired persons process and belizean citizenship. The best thing to do would be to ask your specific questions and see what answers you receive. Please remember though that other people's experiences will vary and may in no way be similar to your own. The process can change from person to person. But please do ask as you'll probably get a lot of good information from the friendly folks here.
Belize Wedding Photography

#463490 - 05/01/13 09:17 PM Re: QRP vs PR [Re: DallasTX]
Wizardofaahs Offline
Dallas, Use the search tool up above with eacb specifi question. You will learn so much more doing it that way because you will get such a variety of perspectives from past board members in addition to more current ones. There's a wealth of information you will learn about more than just your questions, all the personality nuances, it is fascinating.
Words have power. Speak it into existence.

#463493 - 05/02/13 04:21 AM Re: QRP vs PR [Re: DallasTX]
Johnhenry Offline
Dallas, I have recently (2 weeks ago) been accepted in to the QRP. From the point of submission of application to being informed that we (my wife and I) had been accepted took six weeks.

The process itself took longer than this though because you need to assemble (and submit with your application) a criminal record report, medical report and proof of income (to meet the requirement of bringing in to Belize not less than US$ 24,000 per annum).

I made the application myself although there are companies (at a cost of course) that will do this for you.

I liaised with Roshel Godfey of the Belize Toursim Board and she was extremely helpful. Her email address is : rgodfey@travelbelize.org.

#463496 - 05/02/13 05:44 AM Re: QRP vs PR [Re: DallasTX]
Diane Campbell Offline
QRP = good if you don't intend to work. Must renew annually, allows some duty-free importation of personal goods for personal use.
Residency = if you intend to work and want to one day qualify for citizenship and a passport. Belize's passport is now a Caricom passport. With this passport a professional can work in countries that are members of Caricom. Depending on your long term goals, this can be useful.

#463526 - 05/02/13 12:03 PM Re: QRP vs PR [Re: Johnhenry]
DallasTX Offline
Thank you very much for the information. My husband and I will be in San Pedro soon. We are looking forward to meeting everyone that has been helpful with the QRP vs PR information.

See ya'll soon

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 82 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,637 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,729 Topics
461,287 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.