Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#463719 - 05/05/13 10:00 PM Work Permits/LLC
Mayan Seaside Offline
Hi AC Experts,

I was wondering if you might be able to give me an idea about the work permit process. This is related to opening an LLC/Corp 250.

If my wife and I own the LLC would we both be required to purchase and apply for work permits?

If I am seeing and researching correctly, this is a $1000USD cost per person(BZE Immigration) plus another $800USD PP to have a service company to assist with the work permit process.

Than after the year, we can apply for permanent residency? What are the cost for this? Is it true you need to purchase another year work permit while applying for the permanent residency in order to keep your LLC running?

Thanks Again.
Peter

http://www.picassospirits.com
https://www.facebook.com/PicassoSpirits

#463720 - 05/05/13 11:40 PM Re: Work Permits/LLC [Re: Mayan Seaside]
collyk Offline
If you plan on doing any type of work, you will need a work permit. The cost of the permit will be related to the type of work you plan to do and will be set by the Immigration Dept. You do not have to pay to have a service company assist in this process and can do it all yourself if you wish. Your permit will last for one year and you will need to renew it until you get your permanent residency, which you can apply for after living in Belize continuously for one year without leaving the country for more than 14 days.

#463734 - 05/06/13 05:25 AM Re: Work Permits/LLC [Re: Mayan Seaside]
Inplub Offline
My wife and I did it 10 years ago and every time we had to do something we had to make a trip to the mainland. Now it is allot easier as you can do everything in San Pedro. We did it our self and then it took about a month.

The hard part for most people is staying in Belize for a year, then they added up all the days you had left and it could not be over 14 or the year started again from the 13rh day you left Belize. You can do it all yourself. Good luck.

We wanted to open and run a restaurant the cost then for the work permit was BZ$1,500 or US$750 each.

John

Edited by Inplub (05/06/13 05:27 AM)

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 30 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,016 Topics
462,196 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.