Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#463944 - 05/09/13 05:11 PM Best places to buy things for your stay?
JRinSC Offline
Hi to all,

We'll be coming down for two weeks over Christmas and New Years and staying at Paradise Villas. We'll be renting a gold cart so it doesn't matter just how close the places are. Looking to put Bottled water, Coke Light (csns) and some dark rum in the condo. Is there a best place to get this stuff? Or is somethng close like Richies' just as good as others? There will be 4 of us for 2 weeks so it will be several cases, bottles, etc. crazy

Edited by JAF (05/09/13 06:07 PM)

#463954 - 05/09/13 09:13 PM Re: Best places to buy things for your stay? [Re: JRinSC]
awhatukeeguy Offline
Richie's is right across the street.

#463955 - 05/09/13 11:38 PM Re: Best places to buy things for your stay? [Re: JRinSC]
JED Offline
If your renting from Nellie she can stock the condo with Coke Light and any other drinks that you may want. The rum Richie's is right behind the condos.

#463959 - 05/10/13 02:15 AM Re: Best places to buy things for your stay? [Re: JRinSC]
SimonB Offline
Richie's no longer sells alcohol you have to go up the street a few hundred feet for their liquor shop.

#463961 - 05/10/13 08:37 AM Re: Best places to buy things for your stay? [Re: SimonB]
gkyle Offline
You might want to get that rum at duty free in Belize city. Can be $$ on the island... laugh

#464015 - 05/10/13 04:13 PM Re: Best places to buy things for your stay? [Re: JRinSC]
Phil Offline
Rum is not worth buying at Duty Free as it is cheap due to it being a local and CariCom product. Other Spirits from outside the Caribbean may well be worth buying at Duty Free if you can be bothered to carry it as well as luggage etc.

However if they have a Gold Cart, money probably isn't an issue...............

#464016 - 05/10/13 04:16 PM Re: Best places to buy things for your stay? [Re: JRinSC]
Phil Offline
If you do want to buy Duty Free there's the unusual option of having one at arrivals in Belize, next to luggage claim. You can have 4.5 litres per person ( 6 Bottles each @ 750ml of spirits) You will need to check it flying on the local airline so have them box it up.

#464019 - 05/10/13 04:35 PM Re: Best places to buy things for your stay? [Re: Phil]
pugwash Offline
Even if your party are Rum drinkers, take advantage of the Belize duty free to buy whiskey or vodka.
The perceived "trade value" or "tip value" of these spirits is very high as the costs of buying on island are high.
Scuba or snorkel guides are more likely than not to mix with Fanta, so don't buy the good stuff...theres almost no point!
And if you like to drink your Rum with Cranberry, the juice will cost as much as the Rum.
I always bring several containers of Gatoraide powder when I come down...

#464081 - 05/11/13 01:01 PM Re: Best places to buy things for your stay? [Re: JRinSC]
Banana Beach Resort Offline
The liquor store is very close Ritchies and the folks that run it are really nice.

If you are shopping in town the Rum Cigar store offers tasters and they make their cream rums,they also do coffee there with shot options.

#464144 - 05/12/13 03:58 PM Re: Best places to buy things for your stay? [Re: JRinSC]
JRinSC Offline
Thanks to all for suggestions. Especially that Nellie would stock with Coke Light and stuff. Never would have thought to ask but I will now.

I appreciate the input -- and I do mix the rum with the coke and lime and therefore good, really good rum, would truly be wasted in my glass. I might get something on the way home but on the island it will be the good local stuff.

Thanks again to all.

Julian

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 30 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,064 Topics
462,323 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.