Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#464118 - 05/11/13 08:35 PM Immediate opening for experienced line cook
SFJeff Offline
Looking to fill an opening for an experienced line cook. Position is in Hopkins. 3 1/2 month contract with the possibility to segue into a full time position. Highly competitive pay and possible housing allowance. Interested applicants must be organized, motivated, have a solid knowledge of basic kitchen techniques and must be able to work well with/supervise others. Please send PM for more information. 3 references required.

#466227 - 06/09/13 12:50 AM Re: Immediate opening for experienced line cook [Re: SFJeff]
ChefPatrick Offline
hi Jeff, my name is Patrick Pope, i live in los angeles, california, i have a degree from the california culinary academy in SF, and about 15 yrs exp. working in different restaurants, catering, etc.. i am looking for a change of life, and job. i love learning new cuisines, and cooking techniques. i am a mellow, easy going, but dedicated person.. i was wondering if the line cook position is still opened, or if there are other positions open at this moment? i have never been to Belize, but, it looks like a beautiful place i have been to Brazil, though, rio de janeiro, was there for 1 month, and it was amazing. anyhow i can email you my resume i just need a email addy, thank you,
Patrick Pope
Patrick Pope

#471278 - 08/28/13 10:36 PM Re: Immediate opening for experienced line cook [Re: SFJeff]
Kebamo Offline
Here is a copy of my résumé I am also a corporate trained restaurant manager

Karl E. Moser Phone: 843-340 0679 Cell
444 Bryants Landing Rd. E-Mail: Karlmoser9@me.com
Conway, SC 29526

To find employment with a stable and Growing Company. I am a hard working person who is not afraid of hard work or long hours. I was the Unit Director for conway 70042 until recently when the store was sold to a franchise operator and they had their own management team. Previous to that for 3 years as owner and chefof the Homewood Grill in Conway, SC and various years in different employment situations, has made me a very well seasoned leader, who can confidently react to changing situations easily.

Work Experience:
(Supervisor: Bill Gill, Jr. Phone: Company is out of business)
5/1972 – 5/1974 Village Sub Shops Baltimore MD vCounter Help/Short Order Cook
First Job. Worked at a Sub and Pizza Shop. Worked 28 Hours a week and went to school , Made Subs, Pizzas, sauces, and prepped items as needed.

5/1974 - 9/1978 US Navy World Wide BM1 Petty Officer 1st Class Leading Petty Officer 1st Division, responsible for the maintenance, and assignment of personal for duty and watch rotation. Attended Leadership school in 1975. Recommended for OCS 1976 From Operation New Life, Honorable Discharge, Medical DAV (Allergy to Nickle Base Paints)

9/1978 - 10/1980 Nu Car Carriers Jessup MD
(Supervisor: Mack. Phone number: 301-498-2881)
Tractor Trailer Driver Deliver New Cars thru-out the US. Over the Road Driver

10/1980 - 1/1982 Baltimore Tank Lines Glen Burnie, MD Driver Then Dispatcher
(Supervisor: Bill Molenar. Phone number: 410-760-5500)
Started as a driver then when BTL went to computer dispatching was hired to come in the office and setup the Computer system and then was dispatcher .

11/1980 – 1983 Penny’s Diner Baltimore, Md Short Order Cook
(Supervisor:Tom. Phone number: Out of Business)
Worked part-time as a evening short order cook, and filled in on weekends. Prepared full course meals, prep salads, prep menu items.

Substitute Teacher 1/1982 – 6/1983 Baltimore County Schools Baltimore Md
While in college worked as a Substitute teacher working with LLDD children. Worked 3 full days per week and 2 half day ( due to classes)

7/1983 - 9/1985 Baywood Express Inc (Leaseway Corp) Baltimore, MD
(Supervisor: Davis Mayhorne. Phone number: Out of Business)
Assistant Terminal Manager Ran the day to day operations of the company. Was HM 183 certified to inspect Haz Mat tankers. Overseen the shop operations, scheduled deliveries of petroleum products. Ran the Novel Network, completed daily billing to clients. Hired drivers and mechanics, maintained DOT Paper work for the terminal. Company closed in 1985

11/1985 - 12/1987 The Belair Road Eatery Baltimore, MD Owner/Executive Chef
(Supervisor: Karl Moser. Phone number:sold out business now closed)
Owned and operated a 100 seat restaurant with a staff of 16 people. Responsible for all Menus, Cooking, overseeing the day to day operations, purchasing, hiring, health standards etc. Served over 700 meals daily.

12/1987 – 1/1989 Pepsi Cola Company Baltimore, MD
(Supervisor: Russ. Phone number:410-366-3500)
Route Sales Driver for Pepsi Cola of Baltimore Md. Service over 200 accounts delivering Pepsi and Suburban Club Products. Building new business, responsible of inventory of truck and ordering products for next day sales
1/1989 - 5/1991 RDS (For Red Star Yeast) Baltimore, MD Over the Road TT Driver Deliver Yeast and baking product to branches and bakery's. Company went to owner operators we were all laid off.

5/1991 - 5/1993 RDS ( Parts Division) Baltimore, Md Over the Road TT Driver
Deliver auto parts to Ford Dealers thruout the East Coast. Schedule runs weekly. Left to purchase my own truck

5/1993 - 6/1998 Farruggio Express Baltimore, MD Owner Operator.
( Supervisor: George Weinberg. Phone number: 410-534-0500)
Pickup and deliver freight Locally and over the road. Assisted the Office Manager with DOT related and safety items as needed. Sold trucks and moved to SC, because of wife’s job offer

7/1998 - 9/2000 Mayola Milk Conway, SC
(Supervisor: Richard. Phone number: Terminal Closed)
Route Sale (Full Time) Deliver and sell dairy products to stores in SC and NC Schools and maintain my inventory and increase my territory.

9/2000 - 11/2003 Food Lion Conway, SC
(Supervisor: Brenda Little. Phone Number :843-347-9915)
Deli Clerk /Meat Department Started as a bagger, then went to Dairy Dept, then Frozen foods, then to Deli. Worked full time for 1 year the went part time as a supplement to my income.

11/2001 - 9/2003 Coastal Concrete Company Conway, SC
(Supervisor: Glen. Phone number:843-347-5793)
Cement Truck Driver On time delivery to job site of truck loads of cement. Part time job to supplement my income.

9/2000 - 5/2008
Barnhill Realty Company Myrtle Beach, SC Real Estate Broker / Office Manager
(Supervisor: Chris Barnhill. Phone number 843-241-0277)
Started off as a RE Agent, then took over the computer network. Was a RE Broker, Took over as office manager in 2001. Gave up RE License and took over the Co Computer network. Training of agents on computer programs etc. Maintain the co website, setup offices for new agents. Manage a Company owned Mobile Home Park with 70 Tenants.

5/2008 – 7/2008 Kia of Myrtle Beach Myrtle Beach, SC
(Supervisor: AJ. Phone number: out of business)
Auto Sales Associate Went thru auto sales training and sold cars to customers.

7/2008 – 5/2009 Myrtle Beach Hyundai Myrtle Beach.SC
(Supervisor: Jim Mims. Phone number:843-267-6467)
Auto Sales Associate Auto Sales and help keep the computer systems up and running

5/2009 – 6/2012 Lease Owner / Chef Homewood Grill Conway, SC
(Supervisor: Karl Moser. Phone number 843-340-0679)
Owner Chef Lease and ran the Homewood Grill 12 hrs aday 6 days aweek and open on Sundays am responsible for ordering product, scheduling, Designing menus, pricing, payroll, taxes, creating dishes, etc

5/2012 – 8/2012 Pull-up Man for Merita Bread thru Cortec Conway,SC
(Supervisor: Natalie. Phone )
Employed thru Cortec to pull-up bread for Merita Bread Company. I worked
5 Wal-Mart Stores every Wed, Fri, Sat, and Sunday. I reported to Don Squires at 843-694-8703

8/2012 – 11/2012 Route Sales Driver Merita/Hostess Conway, SC
(Supervisor: Don Squires. Phone number 843-694-8703)
Route Sales Driver for Merita/Hostess. Delivery of Bread and baked goods to Walmart and 5 Grocery Stores (Foodlion, Bi-Lo, Piggly Wiggly) as well as Kangeroo’s, Scotchmans, and Wilco-Hess stations and various Restaurants from Garden City to Pawleys Island.
On Nov 16, 2012 Hostess Brands ceased operations and everyone was laided off

1/10/13-8/4/2013 Bojangles Restaurants inc. Conway, SC
Unit Director.
Man a high volume fast food Restaurant with over 55 crew members and shift managers . Over see the day to day operations. Order stock manage inventory, schedule employees, work with vendors taught serve safe to employees
Store was sold to a Franchise owner and they had their own people and was laid off.

3/1/13. Serve Safe instructor and Procter certified
2/2013 Serve Safe Manager cert #:9731790 exp 2/01/2018
2/2013 Bojangles university Charlotte NC
9/1982 Essex Community College Baltimore, MD A.A. Degree in Poly Sci and Computers
8/1974 Leadership School ( USN) Orlando Fla Vocational - Certificate Required for Pay grade increase
11/1974 Sub School (USN) Groton, Conn
12/1974 Dive School (USN) California
02/1975 Craft Masters School (USN) California
3/1975 Equipment Operators School (USN) Little Creek VA
5/1975 Jump School (USN) Little Creek VA

Vocational - Certificate

Certified ServSafe Instructor and Registered ServSafe Examination Proctor, National Restaurant Association 3/01/2013. 1045681

Certified, ServSafe® Food Protection Manager Certification Examination, National Restaurant Association, 2/01/2013.

Operate Heavy equip and track Vehicles, Tractor Trailers, Aircraft Refuelers
6/1984 HM-183 certified to inspect and certify Hazmat Tanks for Highway Use
9/2000 South Carolina Real Estate License Course
6/2004 South Carolina Real Estate Brokers Course
6/1992 FCC HAM RADIO LICENSE (Advance Class Operator)
Current SC CWP

Skills: Word, excel, FrontPage, forklift, backhoe, Tractor Trailer, Computer Networks, Cooking, Recipe Contest Winner, Leadership School USN, Sub School USN, UDT Seal Training, Air Sea Rescue School USN, Previous Restaurant Owner, Office Manager RE Company, RE Broker 1st Class Petty Officer USN. Substitute Teacher LLDD Children

Reference Name: Chris W. Barnhill Reference Company: Barnhill Realty Company Reference Title: Owner Phone: 843-241-0277 Type: Professional

Reference Name: Don Squires reference company: Hostess Brands
Reference title: District Sales Manager. Phone:843-694-8703

Reference Name: CB Deal Reference Company: N/A Reference Title: Mr. Phone: 843-488-9955Type: Personal

Reference Name: Ed Bushong Reference Company: N/A Reference Title: N/A Phone: 843-448-3919Type: Personal

Reference Name: Matt Fry Reference Company: Signature Signs Reference Title: Owner Phone: 843-215-9170Type: Personal

Reference Name: Jonathan Buchanan Reference Company: Barnhill Realty Company Reference Title: Sales Agent Phone: 843-344-3448Type: Professional

Community Service:

Past Master of Seaside Masonic Lodge # 419 A.F.M. Myrtle Beach, SC 2008
Chairman of Fund Raising Committees, Chicken Bogg Fund Raiser, BBQ Fund Raiser
Assist in The Preparation of the Lodges evening meals for 75 Masons (Cooking, Prep, Menu for the evening meals)

32nd Degree Master Mason
We support the charities that are for children with language disorders

Omar Shrine Clown
We support the Shrine Children Hospitals for burnt and crippled children.

Blue Lodge (Past Master)
Refurbish Computer to give to children who’s parents can not afford to buy one for their school work

Camping, Fishing, Cooking, Amateur Radio, Horseback Riding, Motor Cycles, Cruises, Computers, Winner Various Recipe Contests Nationwide. Restoring old Farmall Tractors

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lil’ Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (Marty, 1 invisible), 45 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,635 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,718 Topics
461,260 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.