Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
O
otzzie Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Hi gang,
My fiancee and I are starting to plan a trip to Ambergris Caye in March 2002. I know that this is a diving paradise,but we like to "hang" and kick back on beach for most of the day just to get out of the working city-life before we do all the local events snorkel/fishing. We also are into city night-life.
My question is...how do these beaches compare to other world rated "top-10"? I have been to a lot of beaches in 50 years.
I just want to know how they compare to, say, Destin,Fl. and if the beaches are open and free to walk,or are they restricted to segrated resort hotel zones. My girlfriend wants to do those "traditional" long walks on the beach and Sunset moments to talk all that personal stuff.
Either way, I want to still do some good Tarpon/Bonefishing...Is March a good fish season?
Thanks guys....Otzzie in Tulsa

K
K
you can take long walks on the beaches of AC and CC. However, they are not as visually stunning as the top ten beaches of the world. San Pedro and Caye Caulker are known for their world reknown diving, snorkeling, and friendly people. I dare say it is the people first, and diving that bring people back year after year.

O
otzzie Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Thanks Kimberly...I understand.
We are just excited about visiting a new island and want to be sure that we get the right feel before we go, rather than expect something that is not there when we step off the plane.
Thanks....otzzie

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
AC is nothing like Destin. (We go there often). Where you stay will actually have much to do with your perception. Our house is 3 miles south of San Pedro, and we have a pretty beach, but it is very narrow when compared with Destin, Daytona, etc. And the nightlife is very different too. Not too many loud thumping dance clubs. But if you want to relax, kick-back, rejeuvenate... then AC is THE place.
Oh yeah, we don't dress in AC like Destin either. Tell your g/f to pack the coolest most comfortable she has, don't worry about the cute fussy little sundresses and sandles with heels that are so popular in Destin.
Enjoy!! March is great time to visit!

O
otzzie Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Ibanole, sounds great. I will tell my g/f to pack accordingly. Don't want to put you on the spot, but, do you have a recommendation for a hotel/beach area south of town?

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
my house is right next to Caribe Island Resort, which is beautiful. Victoria House is wonderful, although a bit pricey... Both have beautiful pools. Our first trip, we stayed at the Playador/Exotic Caye and we really enjoyed that. Crazy Canucks Bar is there, always a good crowd to hang out with. It's closer into town, therefore closer to restaurants, bars, etc. You will love AC! Just seriously, leave your expectations at home.

O
otzzie Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Ibanole,I took your advice and pulled up the Payador/Exotic Caye website and it sure looks like our kind of place. The close location to town activity would seem to be a plus for 1st timers like us. My only problem is that my American Advantage miles flights are booked up until mid-April. Is that a bad time to be down there since it is during Spring break. We both are still very young at heart,but really don't want Spring break crowds to ruin this trip. What do you think?
By the way, since you have mentioned your house, it sounds like you visited AC, and have since become a native. What a deal!!!!
Thanks for your responses.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
There is no spring break in Belize!! I think that would be a great time to go down.
We made our first trip last February, fell in love, bought a house, then went back in May/June.
Truly Paradise! And the Playador is a neat place to stay.

S
S
Spring break is horrible (not really but let's keep that to ourselves). I've been to Ambergris Caye when there were no rooms available on the beach yet there were hardly any people milling about. Beaches are never noisy.

I recommend anything south of Coral Bay if you want quiet beach. This is particularly true if you want to go in the water.

See you in March at Estel's (I'm on the spring break calendar).

Ibanole, I agree!! Yeah for barefeet, cut off's and tank tops!!!! You don't need a sundress in SP. ( i don't) LOL...OH, i hope we ALL meet someday!! It will get easier as we get moved...C&R

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.