Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#464291 05/14/13 05:56 AM
D
doggirl Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I don't know if it's true but, there is an article at intellihub.com that says a pyramid on the Belize/Mexico border was destroyed for road fill. The site is named Nohmul and was on private land supposedly.. I hope this a B.S. story. Anyone hear anything about this???

C
C

L
L
The International News has picked up the story of the bulldozing. Not so very good public relations for Belize. Surely the government will take swift and appropriate action.

"Not so very good public relations for Belize. Surely the government will take swift and appropriate action."
Oh yes they always do, its something you can count on...
Truthfully this is not a rare occurrence the Blue Creek area is packed with mounds and the Mennonites have cleared lots of sites for farming purposes or agate source.
In Rome its difficult to do anything with out destroying a Roman ruin. Belize has tons of sites like this, the country is just full of Mayan sites like this one, but this one is in the news and will be touted as unique and special to sensationalize the news. There have been scores of others destroyed just like this.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
D
D
It's all done in the name of Greed. Sooo sad and stupid.

It always seems like the one thing that supports Belize, it's tourism, is constantly destroyed.......not good for the future of the country.

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 128 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.