Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
G
Greg W Offline OP
OP Offline
G
7 of us coming in a week so the price difference is around $700.00 to take the boat vs the plane. I know it takes over an hour more each way, but we could use the money to have more fun. We'll have suit cases too, so is that much of a pain to store on the boat and are they kept dry?

thx,
Greg

Multiple reasons why the local water-taxi is false economy and a lousy way to spend your time.
This topic has been discussed many times on this forum - search the threads and see the advice there.

one thing to keep in mind-if you're drinking beer there are no bathrooms on the boat-at least the last time we took it about 3 yrs ago

Use the restroom before you leave the airport. Your bags will be fine. If 7 of you are taking the water taxi, you'll keep each other company. Go for it!

In truth, decide where you want to spend your money. I have taken the water taxi from San Pedro to Chetumal. No big deal. I happen to enjoy being on a boat and the scenery.

I have taken the ADO bus from Cancun to Belize City overnight. That extra few hundred dollars allowed us to choose to stay an extra night in San Pedro.

If you have spent the past 14 hours in transit, then it might feel better to spend the extra money and get to San Pedro 30 - 45 minutes earlier and feel less road weary.

Whatever you decide, you will love Ambergris Caye!

Last edited by Wizardofaahs; 05/19/13 07:45 PM.

Words have power. Speak it into existence.
G
Greg W Offline OP
OP Offline
G
We just fly 2:45 direct from DFW to San Pedro so time is not that big a deal. I did do a search just on the AC forum and didn't see this discussed, but maybe it doesn't search back too far.

It's just a lot of people saying the same thing we've all said here today.

You're flying DFW to BZE non stop. If you're flying to San Pedro, then this discussion is moot.

I say, get the full experience. Planes, taxis, boats. It will prepare you for all the little nuances that are Belize.

Words have power. Speak it into existence.
G
Greg W Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Crap, meant to say DFW to Belize City. My bad.

2:30 arrival....after all is said and done you'll probably be getting into SP at almost zero dusk/dark thirty by the time youre settled...did you check Muni flights? I like the H20 taxi when we land late morning that way we have the afternoon to enjoy our arrival.

Don't forget the international airport is in another city than where you will catch the ferry and you'll have an expensive taxi ride to Belize City .
This route is a pain in the ass and doesn't really save you money.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
P
P
Water Taxi undoubtedly saves money on larger groups and OP has worked out it's $700. If a $700 saving is worth adding up to four hours more to an already long day of traveling go for it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.