Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#46659 - 01/01/02 11:50 PM computers and email?
rocko777 Offline
Hi Everyone and Happy New Year!!I posted a message about bring a laptop with so I could stay in touch with back home once every blue moon or so,however I think this part of the message board is where I need to be. Sorry I am new at the computer. Now to the question how does one go about getting hooked up to AOL or Compuserve. I am staying at Ramons Village(hope its nice)Please help! Thanks in advance for any help.

#46660 - 01/02/02 02:06 AM Re: computers and email?
GRAFFICE Offline
LEAVE YOUR LAPTOP AT HOME. YOU CAN "RENT" ONLINE TIME AT A COUPLE PLACES ON THE ISLAND. THE RESRICTIONS FROM BTL ARE NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE FOR BRINGING A CELL PHONE- I CAN ONLY IMAGINE THE HOURS REQUIRED TO ESTABLISH A DIAL UP ACCOUNT.THE RATE AT THE CYBER CAFE'S ARE REASONABLE IF YOU JUST NEED TO CHECK YOUR MAIL EVERY COUPLE DAYS-ENJOY!!DUANE

#46661 - 01/02/02 02:51 PM Re: computers and email?
rocko777 Offline
Thanks so much for your help. One less thing to pack int the bag. Have a Great Day. Now need to find out about golf carts. The hotel Ramons Village still has not anwsered back on the email I sent them. Thanks Again.Rocko PS. Really looling forward to the warm sun,its 3above 0 here in Minnesota

#46662 - 01/02/02 03:47 PM Re: computers and email?
Marty Offline
golf cart pricing is at: http://AmbergrisCaye.com/help/

#46663 - 01/03/02 09:58 PM Re: computers and email?
cjd Offline
Ramons rents golf carts, but I wouldnt rent it there. There's a place across the street from ramons that rents them for a lot less $. I think Ramon's forbids you from crossing the cut with their carts, while the other place tld me its OK to go as far north as the Palapa, which is cool.

You'll like Ramons. Its nice for your first visit to AC, even though its expensive by Belize standards

#46664 - 01/04/02 03:14 PM Re: computers and email?
rocko777 Offline
Hi Everyone, Thanks so much for all the help. Less the 24 hrs. and I'll be there. PS leaving the computer at home!! and not looking to spend all my $$ at ramons. Is it true that you go through duty free at the airport before you go through customs. If so is that the place to buy a bottle of Rum? I say Rum because every where I have read the Rum sounds pretty good along with the beer? and again thanks so much your web site is the best..Rocko

#46665 - 01/04/02 07:13 PM Re: computers and email?
Lan Sluder/Belize First Offline
No, there's no longer a duty-free shop at the arrival area of the international airport.

In any case, for local rum it doesn't make any difference whether you buy it at the duty -free shop or not. It's about the same price, and sometimes cheaper, at local groceries. Figure US$5 to $10 a bottle, depending on where you buy it and the brand. A lot of people like One Barrel. I've always been partial to Duurley's gold.

--Lan Sluder

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
6 registered (azbob, Judyann H., Jameela01, 3 invisible), 34 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,675 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,060 Topics
462,313 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.