BelizeNews.com BelizeSearch.com BelizePhotographs.com Lodging

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#467421 06/29/13 10:27 AM
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
[Linked Image] Hey Friends, fans and Family Rasta Pasta Caye Caulker wants to Open July 6. To meet our deadline we need your help!

Please stop by the SEAduced Office or Chuck and Robbies Dive Shop and purchase a gift certificate.

The first 50 people to buy a $50 gift certificate get two free Rasta Rippers and the first 50 people to buy $100 gift certificate get 2 free Rasta Rippers and a free dessert when they redeem their gift certificates! Looking forward to seeing all of you when we open!

https://www.facebook.com/RastaPastaCayeCaulker

[Linked Image]

M
M
We'll give it a try during our visit in July.

I was trying to remember the history of Rasta Pasta in Belize, but my mind is going and I'm probably missing a gear or two. I know Maralyn and family were on the mainland for awhile, and then moved to San Pedro in the late 90s and ran Rasta Pasta at the old Playador, then (I think) moved the restaurant to one of the piers in town. Later they opened in Placencia and then had a very good place on Caye Caulker for awhile, before closing, and now it's reopening on Caulker. Good luck with the new place!

C
C
Is Maralyn the one that is re-opening Rasta Pasta.

Maralyn Gill is listed as GM on the Facebook page. Of course the page also notes that they have valet parking!

D
D
Rasta pasta had two locations on Caye Caulker before.
You could park your bike by your table.
They only closed because she fell ill.
The food was always good and plenty.

Last edited by Dane; 06/30/13 03:37 PM.
S
S
This is the Rasta Pasta that everyone raved about back in the day that was run by Maralyn Gill. She's back in town after spending a few years in the US and I'm betting it'll be as good as it ever was.

M
M
yes true lan this is Maralyn and it's true I am back and reopening at the Sandbox location on Caye Caulker we did first start above the crazy canucks bar then we were huge at the Sunbreeze and then at the end of front street where Belize Bank is now and then we moved to Placencia with 2 different locations and lost everything in hurricane Iris in 2001 and my husband passed away soon after that and opened again in Caye Caulker with 2 locations and at Coconuts in San Pedro in 2008 had to go back to states for medical treatment and now I'm back and so excited to be back also look for our seasoning at a shop near u should be on the shelves by the end of this month

WELCOME HOME MARALYN

People have argued with me when I say you were where the Belize Bank is now. I remember that - and you so well.

NOW I will have a reason to go over to Caye Caulker. Maybe in a couple of weeks when my son and one of my grandsons come down from California.

I'm so happy you are feeling well.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Welcome back! I remember getting a caye lime cheesecake from you for my 40th birthday party! Many years ago, while you were at the Sunbreeze where Blue Water Grill is now. Looking forward to eating at your newest place next time I am in Belize.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day